The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All?

+14
WildWorld
L8T
Follower of Jesus
Temple of Blood
Kerrick
seth
Dustofyears
Superjuice
MagnusPrime
Constantine
StevenCressler
TZ75
Black Rider
Pethead
18 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Favorite on Kill ‘Em All?

Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap21%Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 21% 
[ 4 ]
Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap5%Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap21%Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 21% 
[ 4 ]
Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap5%Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap32%Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 32% 
[ 6 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 19

Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All?

Post by Pethead Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:51 pm

Outside the Beatles, yes. 

Within the Beatles, no.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Temple of Blood likes this post

Back to top Go down

Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All?

Post by TZ75 Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:06 pm

StevenCressler wrote:Whiplash is underrated. Not the album's best, but underrated.

I don’t think it’s underrated. When the radio show “Mandatory Metallica” was on in the early 90’s on KNAC in Los Angeles, the two songs from Kill ‘Em All they played the most was Whiplash and Seek and Destroy. 

They did play a lot of songs from everything up to the release of TBA (including the B-sides like Stone Cold Crazy and the stuff from Garage Days), but those two songs from KEA were well represented. If anything, a good portion of the songs on AJFA are neglected. They don’t even touch Eye of the Beholder or Frayed Ends of Sanity.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:16 pm

StevenCressler wrote:
seth wrote:Nirvana is, in my opinion, THE most overrated band ever to exist. And they spawned the worst rock genre that continues to spread its whiny, angsty influence on mainstream rock today
He's got a great voice, and I really llike Smells Like Teen Spirit, but I do think their overrated... not because I don't like grunge, they just overall seem very soft for a grunge band.

Pearl Jam is way softer than Nirvana was! 

The only two Grunge bands that had Metal cred was Alice In Chains and Soundgarden. 

Pearl Jam was like Neil Young and Bruce Springsteen rehashed through Eddie Vedder’s mind.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and Dustofyears like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:22 pm

Jump in the Fire is my least favorite song on KEA. It has a catchy riff, but it’s actually too poppy compared to the rest of the album. Maybe that’s why it sticks out to some…

I still like the song, but it’s last on my list for changing the feel and momentum of the album’s rough edginess.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:29 pm

Pethead wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:That doesn't surprise me coming from a metalhead. Most people into metal think that about Nirvana and the vast majority of "grunge" bands I have noticed, unless it's Alice in chains (the safe grunge band for the metalhead to enjoy should they so choose). Nirvana were an incredible band for so many reasons, and Kurt was the John Lennon of his generation and really good and overlooked Guitarist. Anyhoo I'm just shooting the breeze, another man's opinion is nor here nor there.

Happy new year by the way.
Comparing Kurt to Lennon is like comparing Bill Murray in Space Jam to prime Michael Jordan.

I have wide taste in music. Nirvana was mediocre.

I think Dust was trying to say that Kurt was the leader of his generation’s musical revolution. And I think he was right! 

There hasn’t been a musical figure as big as Cobain since he passed. Rock-stardom is dead. Only hip-hop performers are still put on a pedestal to their fans. 

I thought it was amusing to have them when I was younger… but as the Bible says, we shouldn’t worship or fixate on “idols”.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, Dustofyears, seth and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:33 pm

Sure, but I was speaking of songwriting quality.

There are plenty of Beatles tunes I don’t really care for, but Lennon/McCartney were on another level. Never the same after they broke up, though.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:07 pm

StevenCressler wrote:
seth wrote:Nirvana is, in my opinion, THE most overrated band ever to exist. And they spawned the worst rock genre that continues to spread its whiny, angsty influence on mainstream rock today
He's got a great voice, and I really llike Smells Like Teen Spirit, but I do think their overrated... not because I don't like grunge, they just overall seem very soft for a grunge band.
Ha...aside from tenn spirit, come as you are, heart shaped box and about a girl, how much Nirvana have you listened to? They go absolutely ape !@#$ more than any metal band. Nirvana can be the equivalents of coming down from a high and feeling low to a chaotic psychedelic trip to the feeling of someone having a seizure and a schizo fit. I question just how much Nirvana you've actually heard and if or not you are making those judgement calls on the few commercial songs you have perhaps listen to?

Pearl Jam have two good albums (need I point out the their two best albums) and most of the rest of the other stuff is middle of the road.

Anyway don't wanna hijack the thread. Nirvana wrote incredible music. Nuff said.

Last edited by Dustofyears on Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:08 pm

In Bloom is the best Nirvana song. Just wanted to share that. Thanks for listening.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

WildWorld, TZ75, Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:11 pm

seth wrote:
Pethead wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:That doesn't surprise me coming from a metalhead. Most people into metal think that about Nirvana and the vast majority of "grunge" bands I have noticed, unless it's Alice in chains (the safe grunge band for the metalhead to enjoy should they so choose). Nirvana were an incredible band for so many reasons, and Kurt was the John Lennon of his generation and really good and overlooked Guitarist. Anyhoo I'm just shooting the breeze, another man's opinion is nor here nor there.

Happy new year by the way.
Comparing Kurt to Lennon is like comparing Bill Murray in Space Jam to prime Michael Jordan.

I have wide taste in music. Nirvana was mediocre.
Lennon was overrated too
This guys killing me lolz!!! Come hear and find out 72 seasons is a great album, st anger is underrated and John lennon is overrated. It's wonderful.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:13 pm

Maybe he meant Lenin.

Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 2 Img_2012
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

TZ75, Dustofyears and seth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:33 pm

Even aside from my dislike of the music itself, Nirvana’s lyrics are some of the stupidest lyrics I have ever heard. And that’s saying a lot
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:36 pm

Although even the stream-of-consciousness stupidity of Nirvana’s lyrics are surpassed by John Lennon’s Imagine. The anthem for smug, out of touch atheist hippies everywhere
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:37 pm

Oh yeah, Imagine is terrible lyrically. The album is good, though. 

And might as well add some Weird Al to this out-of-control thread:

https://youtu.be/FklUAoZ6KxY?si=9v3p9TwxOvdkkzZL
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Black Rider and seth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:46 pm

Cobain's lyrics are whiny, angst filled drivel but reflects the society in many ways so that's something. And I found the music mostly boring.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead and seth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:46 pm

^Indeed.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:48 pm

Kurt's Lyrics are amazing. Guys mind is on another planet.

here's an example

Meat-eating orchids forgive no one just yet
Cut myself on angel hair and baby's breath
Broken hymen of Your Highness, I'm left black
Throw down your umbilical noose so I can climb right back

That's some Alice in wonderland  nightmare trip right there.
Incredibly creative! his lyrics are all like that. That genius writing. But some people just like stuff spelled out for them I guess. Fair nuff each their own.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:50 pm

By “his mind is on another planet” do you mean he was high as a kite when he wrote? Because that’s the only explanation I can think of for lyrics like that lol
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:56 pm

seth wrote:By “his mind is on another planet” do you mean he was high as a kite? Because that’s the only explanation I can think of for lyrics like that lol
that's just one example. Clearly if you think he writes like a child or something you haven't really taken the time to analyze the band. Most Metalheads make this mistake and parrot.

BUt you know...there's always Stryper's genius next level top-tier lyrics that any fool could pen. Admit it, just that paragraph alone trips you out. That's Nirvana.

k k I'm done talking about Nirvana I'll shall respond no more.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:59 pm

Dustofyears wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:
Ha...aside from tenn spirit, come as you are, heart shaped box and about a girl, how much Nirvana have you listened to? They go absolutely ape !@#$ more than any metal band. Nirvana can be the equivalents of coming down from a high and feeling low to a chaotic psychedelic trip to the feeling of someone having a seizure and a schizo fit. I question just how much Nirvana you've actually heard and if or not you are making those judgement calls on the few commercial songs you have perhaps listen to?

Pearl Jam have two good albums (need I point out the their two best albums) and most of the rest of the other stuff is middle of the road.

Anyway don't wanna hijack the thread. Nirvana wrote incredible music. Nuff said.
Yeah, I haven't heard much of them. And please note that by "overrated" I don't mean bad, I just mean that for being one of the most successfull grunge/rock bands of their time, thy were
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:06 pm

Dustofyears wrote:
seth wrote:By “his mind is on another planet” do you mean he was high as a kite? Because that’s the only explanation I can think of for lyrics like that lol
that's just one example. Clearly if you think he writes like a child or something you haven't really taken the time to analyze the band. Most Metalheads make this mistake and parrot.

BUt you know...there's always Stryper's genius next level top-tier lyrics that any fool could pen. Admit it, just that paragraph alone trips you out. That's Nirvana.

k k I'm done talking about Nirvana I'll shall respond no more.
Yes, us Christian metalheads is unsmart ain’t got no teached good.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Black Rider and Dustofyears like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:09 pm

Metalheads in general not just christian metalheads Wink

Shucks I love this place.

Last edited by Dustofyears on Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:24 pm

Well, at least it’s an equal opportunity insult.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Black Rider, Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:26 pm

Wouldn't have it any other way. Love it.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by L8T Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:11 pm

I'm not voting.  I put this LP on and listen to it all!!

I do have a fav but that goes back and forth on this almost-perfect LP imo. 

cheers
L8T
L8T
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:21 pm

This gives me an excuse for a rant:

I don't hate Nirvana, but 'Heart Shaped Box' is the most unappealing song I've ever heard on MTV or radio.  And that's saying something.  It's a lot of morose mumbling followed by some screaming over a disharmonic riff.  It's an anti-melodic experience that creates a dreary and murky (un)musical landscape.  I just think "who actually likes this stuff?  Oh, I know, some strung out junkie..."  Not mention it contains a guitar solo that <gasp> plays the main verse over in a higher key like most of Cobain's solos. 

As overplayed as they are, I do like most of Nirvana's other songs, but I have no desire to seek them out.  And Heart Shaped Box makes me wanna take up 'cutting' with glass shards as a hobby.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next