The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The INTRODUCE YOURSELF thread

+73
Dukester
caveofhoreb777
Aldi80s
Black Rider
kpec3
Deadinside
Seth Dusith
ShotGunderson
StevenCressler
crucifyd
Pethead
CrimsonWarrior
seth
TopJosh (Josh L.)
Snakes & Metal
James5150
dhmsatx
Mister B
M_Mosher
Frozen Fire
nocturnaliridescence
Jbassr
Oldiesmann
BaleMaster
Sevenoneself
Aryeh Yehudah
Theonymic
Avalonjohn44
auslander
Triptyque
Raegoul
breakthecycle
brutalwarfaretx
endlessfuneral
Son of Nun
guitarhoops
Hidgxx
Psykik Terrorist
VonKrafte
Athonite
BrutalWarfare82
Ammocas
Staybrite
HenrikB
Anfauglith
Rizzen7
bassdude
alldatndensum
crusader
HeavyLighter
Stacerooroo
Gorship
exo
L8T
stringfellow_hawke
Yaaqov
New Creation
Nocturnal Servant
ImagoDei
stainedclass2112
d@v!d
KaiHeiJinshu
Facet
Storms of Disillusion
Andreas89
Fearless For The King
Kerrick
Ragnor
MikeInFla
11razorwire
Hardcore Christian
jayhawkfan3602
KaramKaram
77 posters

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

The INTRODUCE YOURSELF thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The INTRODUCE YOURSELF thread

Post by Guest Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:15 am

I was involved in Christian Metal forums many years ago, but got away from it. I'm back now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:10 am

Welcome Astyrian!  What styles/genres do you like the most?  What are some of your favorite bands?

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:29 pm

Kerrick wrote:Welcome Astyrian!  What styles/genres do you like the most?  What are some of your favorite bands?
Thanks. I mostly listen to old Mortification, Extol, Weapons era Deliverance, Horde, Paramaecium, etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:19 pm

I was a member previously, but it's been a while since I was here.

While I'm not as much of a music fan as I used to be (and sadly, not as strong as a Christian as I used to be, either) I missed the interaction with this group. 

I believe at one time I used the same name as I have now, Bought4Life. Some of you may recognize me (hopefully in a good way..Smile).

Anyway, my real name is Dean, and I am happy to be back...and thank you Kerrick for having me back.

(Favorite bands are Stryper, DIO, Van Halen, GX, KISS, AC\DC, Rez)

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:01 am

Great to see you back B4L.  
I remember you fondly (well mostly anyway, I've kind of blacked out that one weekend with the cops, the street musicians and all that helium...but flashes of it still haunt me occasionally).
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:36 am

Staybrite wrote:Great to see you back B4L.  
I remember you fondly (well mostly anyway, I've kind of blacked out that one weekend with the cops, the street musicians and all that helium...but flashes of it still haunt me occasionally).

Thanks, SB..it's nice to be back...

As for the weekend in question....man, that was some good helium. I kinda developed a helium habit after that...you know, stalking the balloon vendors in Central Park was my low point. Now I've switched over to Hydrogen....it's a little more of an "explosive" reaction. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:20 am

Welcome back B4L, yes I remember you and good to see you back. Not near as busy here as it used to be but some of us are still here!
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:07 pm

I'm very happy you decided to come back and say hi!  I especially appreciate your sense of humor.  Smile

As for your Christian-Strength-O-Meter, I'm a firm believer that God didn't design us to exist in a vacuum away from other believers.  This forum shouldn't replace your involvement with a local church, but it is a good means to supplement.  Smile  The Prayer/Praise section has been a little quiet lately; definitely feel free to bring some life to that section too!  There are a lot of folks who would be happy to be praying for you, including me.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:24 pm

MikeInFla wrote:Welcome back B4L, yes I remember you and good to see you back. Not near as busy here as it used to be but some of us are still here!

Thanks! I'm glad to see you're still here..and yeah, I have noticed that the posts are kind of light....

Hopefully that changes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:25 pm

Kerrick wrote:I'm very happy you decided to come back and say hi!  I especially appreciate your sense of humor.  Smile

As for your Christian-Strength-O-Meter, I'm a firm believer that God didn't design us to exist in a vacuum away from other believers.  This forum shouldn't replace your involvement with a local church, but it is a good means to supplement.  Smile  The Prayer/Praise section has been a little quiet lately; definitely feel free to bring some life to that section too!  There are a lot of folks who would be happy to be praying for you, including me.

Thank you, Kerrick...it means a lot to hear that.

I truly did miss it here.

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:51 pm

Was looking thru this thread and most people introduce themselves then quietly disappear forever.

And B4L I know what it is like to have your faith challanged. 2018 was a bad year for us. Still dealing with a lot of issues because of Hurricane Michael. Thankful God protected us but the damage was devastating and it is going to take YEARS for this area to recover. It really put a strain on our family and everyone I know that lives here, church included. Our pastor died right before Thanksgiving and right after the storm.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:55 pm

MikeInFla wrote:Was looking thru this thread and most people introduce themselves then quietly disappear forever.

And B4L I know what it is like to have your faith challanged. 2018 was a bad year for us. Still dealing with a lot of issues because of Hurricane Michael. Thankful God protected us but the damage was devastating and it is going to take YEARS for this area to recover. It really put a strain on our family and everyone I know that lives here, church included. Our pastor died right before Thanksgiving and right after the storm.

I am so sorry to hear that. I am, however, extremely happy to hear that your family all survived it, and I hope that healing can take place physically, emotionally, and financially for you guys.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:04 pm

MikeInFla wrote:Was looking thru this thread and most people introduce themselves then quietly disappear forever.

and I'm beginning to see why...

It really has died off in the forum.

Did a lot of regulars leave, or is the Christian music just too dead to get people talking?

Back to top Go down

Post by HenrikB Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:18 am

I think forums as a means of communication are slowly dying, that's why. Which makes me a bit sad, it's my favourite way of communicating with other fellow nerds of different kinds... Wink
HenrikB
HenrikB
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:25 am

Yeah, forums have always been my thing. In fact I have been on forums since around 1984. That's a LONG time. Back when I had a Commodore 64 and used dial up where only one person at a time could log in. Never had a facebook or anything like that so I will stick with forums til the end. Not sure what happened to some of the old users but I think they are still out there but no longer use the forums. Most of them are pretty quiet.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:37 pm

Bought4Life wrote:
Did a lot of regulars leave, or is the Christian music just too dead to get people talking?

Some of both I think...  2018 saw some high quality albums released, but there were only a handful.  Some of our more regular members have had big life changes that preclude them from posting much too.

At our old church, there were not many young families when we first arrived.  In speaking with the associate pastor, he told us how so many young families came but left because there weren't others.  If the first few had just stayed, most likely many others would have as well.  I suspect it's the same sort of thing happening here.  Plus, as was already said, the forum platform just isn't as popular.  I still much prefer it and intend on keep fighting the good fight hahaha!   geek

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:02 am

HenrikB wrote:I think forums as a means of communication are slowly dying, that's why. Which makes me a bit sad, it's my favourite way of communicating with other fellow nerds of different kinds... Wink

Yeah, I can see them slowly fading away. I also think there have been a lot of attacks on forums by hackers, and many of the forums have simply given up the fight due to it. I can count at least 6 forums that I used to go to that got hit hard by hackers this past year and never recovered. Most of them were hit with a never ending stream of gibberish posts. Even some of the PlayStation support forums got hit. Heck, THIS forum got hit years ago by a group and they had to abandon their domain,

MikeInFla wrote:Yeah, forums have always been my thing. In fact I have been on forums since around 1984. That's a LONG time. Back when I had a Commodore 64 and used dial up where only one person at a time could log in. Never had a facebook or anything like that so I will stick with forums til the end. Not sure what happened to some of the old users but I think they are still out there but no longer use the forums. Most of them are pretty quiet.

Forums will always have a special place in my heart, especially this one. You would think people would be more civil on Facebook than in forums, since you can see who they are, but it doesn't seem that way. FB is filled with lots of _____. 

Kerrick wrote:
Bought4Life wrote:

Some of both I think...  2018 saw some high quality albums released, but there were only a handful.  Some of our more regular members have had big life changes that preclude them from posting much too.

At our old church, there were not many young families when we first arrived.  In speaking with the associate pastor, he told us how so many young families came but left because there weren't others.  If the first few had just stayed, most likely many others would have as well.  I suspect it's the same sort of thing happening here.  Plus, as was already said, the forum platform just isn't as popular.  I still much prefer it and intend on keep fighting the good fight hahaha!   geek

I know when I left, it was partly due to losing interest in music but it was also partly due to a small handful of posters that seemed to want to force their views onto everyone (I haven't seen any of them since I came back....but during my hiatus, I did peek in now and then and saw them..so I continued to stay away).

I can say one thing....I know this is going back a little ways...but I still believe  the whole Rob/MacKenzie thing did a lot of damage. Outside of this forum, I know there was a lot of turmoil and choosing of sides on Facebook during all that drama....and I remember some of it filtered into here. They/he/she (whatever) had really touched a lot of people's lives (in a positive way) and had really helped some small bands get exposure. I think with the drama and hatred that followed it probably turned off a lot of people from the scene in general. People let themselves get influenced way too easy sometimes (myself included).

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:38 pm

^Yeah most of the troublemakers have left too (or been banned) so it's been a pretty civil place for a while now.  I actually would like to see the Theology Realm reopened, since it's silly to have a Christian metal forum where discussions of Christian doctrine/beliefs/theology are limited.  But that decision isn't solely up to me.

Indeed, the whole Mac/Rob thing got pretty ugly and I'm sure it had an effect.  But while that's certainly the most bizarre of the dramas/"scandals" within the scene that I'm aware of, there are plenty of other instances too.  Just the other day I was made aware of a "Christian" metal artist who quite publicly threatened peoples' lives on FB, stole money, and other terrible things.  From the outside, these things make Christianity look quite pathetic.  Though as Christians, it all can serve as a good reminder of our fallen and depraved nature - and thus the desperate need for a Savior...

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:10 pm

I dont know why but i thought of this place today and decided to come check it out and sign up again  It's been over 3 years since i last posted here.   Some might remember me as either Adchyrch or Aaron C or some variation. so anyways....

Hi!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:55 pm

Hello and welcome back!  It's good to see you here.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:48 am

Thanks its nice to be back

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:24 am

Aaron, I remember you and welcome back. Glad to see you around.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:25 pm

Good to see you too dude Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:49 pm

Hi, my name is Ken and my username is Ammocas. I am 51 years old and I am a Christian since I’m 10 years old. 

Growing up I was introduced to Resurrection band, Servant and Jerusalem from a friend in church around 1979 or 1980. From there I found bands like Barnabas, Petra, Saint, Bride, Tourniquet and many others.

I love going to concerts and of course listening to all types of Metal.My favorites are Classic, 80’s, thrash, melodic, and power metal. Recently, I’ve been listening to Theocracy, N.O.G., Ritual Servant, Bloodgood, Bride and a slew of recent releases.

Currently, I’ve rediscovered my old Christian vinyl collection...cleaned ‘em up and started listening to them. I also have started adding to it with new music and reissues put out by ROXX and Boone’s and Girder music. There is definitely a warmth and fuller sound with vinyl...although my collection is basically cd’s with a few mp3 files.

Last edited by Ammocas on Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:32 pm

Welcome Ken!  It's good to have you here!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next