The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random thoughts...

+33
DarkFireDragoon
alldatndensum
BearDad
Nocturnal Servant
MikeInFla
Andreas89
sentient 6
New Creation
Soldier777
d@v!d
exo
Kerrick
ThomasEversole
messiaen77
crucifyd
Staybrite
Athanasius
CrimsonWarrior
srguenther
Samson
Deepfriar
deathisgain
Grindboy
metallikitty
WildWorld
KaramKaram
XenonLion
Driven
metaldude
Hardcore Christian
Blake
*static*
Peter who was Vaak
37 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Random thoughts... - Page 4 Empty Re: Random thoughts...

Post by exo Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:54 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:Had a great wedding and reception.  I really couldn't have imagined it going better.  A few highlights of the day:
 - My nephew (the ring bearer) who's 3 years old and walking down the aisle with the sign that says "Uncle Tom, Here comes your happy ever after."  Talk about digging my thumbnail into my finger to choke back the happy-tears.
 - Playing Origin's "Inhuman" song at the reception and watching the country music listening bridesmaids (and both flower girls) follow me in a makeshift mosh pit (so fricking awesome, I'll remember that FOREVER)
 - People cocking their heads to the side while listening to Alcest's "Les Voyages de l'Âme", which played during the ceremony.  (Its hard to understand the words if you don't know French.)
 - Line dancing with my wife.  Yes, I line danced to country music.  ...for the first time ever.  For multiple songs  ...and I was good at it.
 - My brother's toast speech
 - My brother's reaction when his introduction song to the reception was Mr. Bishops Fist "Confuted System".  (HUGE amounts of nostalgia)
 - Watching my wife's parents dance to Conway Twitty.
 - That NO ONE got wasted and the alcohol was contained to the back of the reception hall
 - I made $48 from the "Dollar Dance" my wife and I had at the reception.  She made $59.  The money we made together in cards was RIDICULOUS.
 - My mother son dance with my mom to Schaliach's "Coming of the Dawn".  Another tear-jerker for mom because I played that song on guitar when I was in her youth group at church YEARS ago.
 - Having a few country music fans (including the Usher) come up to me and ask me and ask me who's music that was at the end of the reception, after I saw them bobbing their head to it.  That band is Nightwish.
 - The wedding night.  It wasn't the best night's sleep I've ever had.  Razz

Who am I kidding.  All of 8/1/15 was one of the best days of my life.  

Random thoughts... - Page 4 Justmarried

My warmest congratulations and best wishes for you and the new Mrs!

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:01 pm

I appreciate it guys!
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:06 pm

Monkey Biz

Last edited by Mortal on Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by metallikitty Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:34 am

Thomas, Congratulations on your wedding! It sounded like an awesome time. Blessings to you and your wife Wink

metallikitty
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:28 pm

Thanks everyone!

Well, I'm a few days back from my honeymoon/vacation in Destin, Florida.  Had an outstanding time!  I probably ate fresh crab meat every day.

The water was a very clear blue, the sand was very white.  I boogie-board'ed some, but I ended up having the most fun being face down in the shallows with goggles on, picking up shells and...

Random thoughts... - Page 4 Teeth

Shark teeth!  

My wife and I found 26 of them total.  I didn't see any sharks, but I saw a few stingrays at dusk.  (I can post pictures of shells if anyone is interested.)
One stingray was as big as me, but was in deeper water and I admired him from a distance.  One scared the crap out of me because I was in waste deep water, swimming underwater toward shore and he come up from the sand right in front of me.

What was neat was there were usually about 8-10 hand-sized fish that followed me around.  I think some of it was for protection against bigger fish (which weren't too far away), and they were very interested what I stirred up from the sand.

Getting the shells/teeth was a bit challenging at times.  For one, a lot of stuff was broken from the waves and everything was in relatively shallow water so I had to be on my stomach.  For two, I had about 15-30 seconds before each wave hit to spot and grab.  Once the wave hits, it stirs up sand/bubbles so I can't see anything for about 10 seconds and what was there before would probably be buried or broken.  I literally had one shot to get the goods.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:38 am

ThomasEversole wrote:Thanks everyone!

Well, I'm a few days back from my honeymoon/vacation in Destin, Florida.  Had an outstanding time!  I probably ate fresh crab meat every day.

The water was a very clear blue, the sand was very white.  I boogie-board'ed some, but I ended up having the most fun being face down in the shallows with goggles on, picking up shells and...

Random thoughts... - Page 4 Teeth

Shark teeth!  

My wife and I found 26 of them total.  I didn't see any sharks, but I saw a few stingrays at dusk.  (I can post pictures of shells if anyone is interested.)
One stingray was as big as me, but was in deeper water and I admired him from a distance.  One scared the crap out of me because I was in waste deep water, swimming underwater toward shore and he come up from the sand right in front of me.

What was neat was there were usually about 8-10 hand-sized fish that followed me around.  I think some of it was for protection against bigger fish (which weren't too far away), and they were very interested what I stirred up from the sand.

Getting the shells/teeth was a bit challenging at times.  For one, a lot of stuff was broken from the waves and everything was in relatively shallow water so I had to be on my stomach.  For two, I had about 15-30 seconds before each wave hit to spot and grab.  Once the wave hits, it stirs up sand/bubbles so I can't see anything for about 10 seconds and what was there before would probably be buried or broken.  I literally had one shot to get the goods.
Nice story.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:09 am

Kerrick wrote:I bought my tickets to Slovakia for a week this October to meet my girlfriend's parents.  I'm really looking forward to the trip!  I've never been out that way before and I'm sure it's going to be an awesome experience.

Bring Signum Regis back with you!!
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:33 am

"My son is not a terrorist. He's a poor boy, he loves to play soccer, go fishing, but he is not a terrorist."
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:23 am

metaldude wrote:
Kerrick wrote:I bought my tickets to Slovakia for a week this October to meet my girlfriend's parents.  I'm really looking forward to the trip!  I've never been out that way before and I'm sure it's going to be an awesome experience.

Hahaha well Ronnie lives in Austria now but I'll try...  Actually, Within Silence is from the same town I'll be staying in so I contacted them and we might hang out if the timing works.  Cool

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:45 am

Kerrick wrote:
metaldude wrote:

Hahaha well Ronnie lives in Austria now but I'll try...  Actually, Within Silence is from the same town I'll be staying in so I contacted them and we might hang out if the timing works.  Cool

I hope they are not inviting you there to harvest your organs. That would be a shame.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:52 am

Bahahaha the funny thing is, that's been a running joke between Veronika and I for a while now.  She's actually straight-up admitted to be luring me there to harvest my organs.  I probably shouldn't go because of that, but I already got my tickets and requested the time off work; it'd just be a big hassle to cancel now.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:03 pm

Random thoughts... - Page 4 1

Face it, there is no image on the internet cuter than this. In case you need context:
http://designtaxi.com/news/361550/Adorable-Photographs-Of-A-Tiny-Baby-Squirrel-Resting-In-Odd-Places/

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:44 pm

Kerrick wrote:Bahahaha the funny thing is, that's been a running joke between Veronika and I for a while now.  She's actually straight-up admitted to be luring me there to harvest my organs.  I probably shouldn't go because of that, but I already got my tickets and requested the time off work; it'd just be a big hassle to cancel now.

Just be careful, it's close to Russia. They probably have an vibrant organ black market over there. Nice healthy boy like you could fetch some big money.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Driven Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:33 pm

A little bit boonoonoonoos.
Driven
Driven
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://danielbandfan.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:49 am

From the "I didn't think I would ever see that" files...

While at a high school football game last night, I was very surprised when the marching band started playing "Am I Evil". Given the way they were pounding our team, I would say, "Yes, you are."
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:13 pm

Doing some late night Firewall firmware updates. 1 down, around 70 to go. Weee
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:35 pm

Congrats Thomas Very Happy (it's funny, you look a lots like one of my friend ^^)

Come back too, trying to be more present here this year Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:24 am

Smurf Cancer.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:23 pm

My church has service on campus every Thursday, BUT last night some Greek clubs took the area we use.  SO, they played Bigger and Better and someone actually got a water cooler and a pool.  I didn't participate, BUT afterwards they all headed back to my place and had worship in my backyard.  It was legit.
Random thoughts... - Page 4 11987032_925260667531394_2757399782462790344_n
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:00 am

I wonder why most metal t-shirts are black. I know black is a more "metal" color, but in hot weather, black shirts absorb heat (at least, in my experience). Why not silver-colored shirts (silver IS the color of real metal after all)?

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:21 am

I'd love it if bands started printing shirts on different colors than black...  I have enough black shirts but never enough metal band shirts!  Razz

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:26 am

I am wqatching the DVD of the MORSEFest 2014, these guys know how to play music!!!
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:05 pm

Kerrick wrote:I'd love it if bands started printing shirts on different colors than black...  I have enough black shirts but never enough metal band shirts!  Razz

Actually, looking at a bunch of 80s music videos, it seems that Maiden used to print shirts with white backgrounds, wonder why they stopped.

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:38 pm

WildWorld wrote:I wonder why most metal t-shirts are black. I know black is a more "metal" color, but in hot weather, black shirts absorb heat (at least, in my experience). Why not silver-colored shirts (silver IS the color of real metal after all)?
I prefer when shirts are in another color too. Probably it's a tradition from the beginning, and everybody know as some "true" people, not only in metal, could be really close to tradition. Wink

Kerrick wrote:I have enough black shirts but never enough metal band shirts!
From Christian band either?

Well, i've find a great example of synthaxic importance in foreign language:

Random thoughts... - Page 4 15091303055713636

Right title is: "leçons de ténèbres" (darkness lessons). This sentence means also something but who have nothing to do with the original title: (idiot from darkness) 

I'm really sorry if i make mistake like that here Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Driven Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:31 am

That one got me to facepalm, Melon d'eau Smile I once saw a painting where the Maçonnerie (masonry) shop sign was missing the cédille!
Driven
Driven
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://danielbandfan.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next