The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random thoughts...

+33
DarkFireDragoon
alldatndensum
BearDad
Nocturnal Servant
MikeInFla
Andreas89
sentient 6
New Creation
Soldier777
d@v!d
exo
Kerrick
ThomasEversole
messiaen77
crucifyd
Staybrite
Athanasius
CrimsonWarrior
srguenther
Samson
Deepfriar
deathisgain
Grindboy
metallikitty
WildWorld
KaramKaram
XenonLion
Driven
metaldude
Hardcore Christian
Blake
*static*
Peter who was Vaak
37 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Random thoughts... - Page 22 Empty Re: Random thoughts...

Post by ThomasEversole Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:25 am

Oh yeah, they debate today. I want to at least see the outcome to that. I'm curious if they'll be nice to each other, or slander each other's face, of if the questions ask will brutalize both of them...
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:10 pm

Oh yeah. ...this is definitely me.

Random thoughts... - Page 22 Screenshot_20160926_201537
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:17 am

WildWorld wrote:Here's a candidate that NOBODY would ever have any problems with:

Random thoughts... - Page 22 2Q==
He can't be worse that all our politicians. I hope he have Novocaine on his presidential setlist Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:52 pm

Yesterday all of us engineers were getting a reaming from the boss about not tracking our times well and whatnot. During that meeting, I got FIVE missed calls from a local number and two messages. I googled the number and it was the Santa Cruz County jail!!! I listened to the messages and it was a wrong number. Some guy named Daman (sp?) had recently got a "device" and they wanted to make sure it was set up properly hahaha. (I'm guessing an ankle bracelet?)  I was very relieved.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Driven Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:02 pm

This land must change or land must burn…
Driven
Driven
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://danielbandfan.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:25 pm

I need new sandals.  I was walking and slipped, but the front part folded underneath the bottom and sort of jammed my right pinkie toe into the street.  WHO STUBS THEIR TOE ON A STREET?!  Well, me.

So, there I was, at discipleship school and I was real real hesitant to say something I did, but the speaker loved it, so that's cool. God told me I earned a pizza. As I was leaving Discipleship school, God told me to go to MOD pizza, but I kind of didn't want to because I didn't want to spend money, but God told me to a few times, so, I did. I felt Him say get garlic bread, but I didn't want to spend the money and I heard Him say "But I want you to have it!" Ok, so I got it too. 
I am waiting for it to finish when the guy on the other side of the counter says "Hey, are you James?"
"Yeah?"
"Hey man, we just dropped your pizza on the ground, so we just did another one and threw it in the oven for you. It'll be about a minute or two, unless you want the one on the ground."
I laugh and say "No, thanks, I can wait."
The pizza pops up and he's like "Hey, since you were such a great sport, I refunded it for you. Have a great day!"
"Wow, thanks, you too man."
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:10 pm

Finally got my copy of the Christian metal mag from Brazil that features my music. I was beginning to think it didn't exist.

Random thoughts... - Page 22 20161003_133634

Random thoughts... - Page 22 20161003_133701
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:37 am

Peter who was Vaak wrote:I need new sandals.  I was walking and slipped, but the front part folded underneath the bottom and sort of jammed my right pinkie toe into the street.  WHO STUBS THEIR TOE ON A STREET?!  Well, me.

So, there I was, at discipleship school and I was real real hesitant to say something I did, but the speaker loved it, so that's cool. God told me I earned a pizza. As I was leaving Discipleship school, God told me to go to MOD pizza, but I kind of didn't want to because I didn't want to spend money, but God told me to a few times, so, I did. I felt Him say get garlic bread, but I didn't want to spend the money and I heard Him say "But I want you to have it!" Ok, so I got it too. 
I am waiting for it to finish when the guy on the other side of the counter says "Hey, are you James?"
"Yeah?"
"Hey man, we just dropped your pizza on the ground, so we just did another one and threw it in the oven for you. It'll be about a minute or two, unless you want the one on the ground."
The pizza pops up and he's like "Hey, since you were such a great sport, I refunded it for you. Have a great day!"

Please tell me this is tongue in cheek......

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:49 pm

I... uh... I don't think it is. :/
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:49 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:Finally got my copy of the Christian metal mag from Brazil that features my music.  I was beginning to think it didn't exist.

Random thoughts... - Page 22 20161003_133701
Thats pretty sweet Thomas!!!!!!!!! Metal 1
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:36 pm

exo wrote:
Peter who was Vaak wrote:I need new sandals.  I was walking and slipped, but the front part folded underneath the bottom and sort of jammed my right pinkie toe into the street.  WHO STUBS THEIR TOE ON A STREET?!  Well, me.

"Yeah?"

Nah, God told me to go get food and I got a free pizza out of it. But that week, I got multiple free meals without looking for them. You don't feel led to do stuff by God then get rewarded shortly afterwards sometimes? I don't expect anything, but when it happens, that's cool.
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:51 pm

Peter who was Vaak wrote:
exo wrote:

"Yeah?"

Nah, God told me to go get food and I got a free pizza out of it.  But that week, I got multiple free meals without looking for them.  You don't feel led to do stuff by God then get rewarded shortly afterwards sometimes? I don't expect anything, but when it happens, that's cool.
I was surprised by their responses as well.................... I mean God has a humor, and Him feeding us isnt that far fetched Razz

Thats a cool story Peter, in all things He deserves praise flower
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:55 pm

Also, I know some people are skeptical of this stuff, but what I know is, when God told me to go on a mission trip this past summer, I had no idea how I was going to get there, until he told me to ask someone who made minimum wage and when I did, she said she had enough for my set aside that was going to be for tithing, but would instead use it for this. And when it was approaching, a friend came up to me and said he needed me to cover his rent in August cause he'd be on a mission trip to Taiwan. I had no idea how I would, but God told me to say yes, so I did, even though I had $500 and no idea how I'd pay especially not knowing how much I'd need in Germany. And when the time came, I had almost triple what I needed. And when God told me someone could use the difference more than me, I jumped in, despite knowing the financial problems that I may encounter because of that decision and knowing I'm not making enough to cover everything, knowing that God is faithful.

So, you know what? I'll celebrate in even the smallest of things, such as a free pizza.
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:12 pm

Its um... not that we're skeptical of God talking to people about the details. ...my concern, Peter, goes back to a post that went into the abyss, where you said you "used" to have schizophrenia...

My uncle/dad's brother, who's since passed away, had schizophrenia. He was even keeled on his medication and was stable for years. It didn't seem like a big deal when he'd say things like God told him to walk down to the bridge, or God told him to call my mom's friend and tell her she needs to go to a different church...

but then years later, "God" started telling him to do things to hurt himself physically and financially... and then our family had to intervene...

I'm not making this post because I believe or don't believe you. I simply don't know.
...what I do know is your showing very, very similar red flags to my uncle and that has me genuinely concerned.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:39 pm

I have used discernment, testing of the Spirits, and getting outside counsel to make these decisions.  Giving the money away wasn't a "OK, you got this!"  I consulted three people prior.  One said no and two said yes and when the one "no" heard who the second "yes" was, he said I made the right decision.  That dude had a crazy awesome vision for me when he asked God.  And as for that money?  That went to something that, well, I have no fear about it being misused.  I know some people's lives were blessed with it and add to a crazy awesome testimony that'll be shared in heaven and maybe closer.

Also, as for the whole schizophrenia thing, that was a past concern.  I did have it, did take medication, but God cured me.  I haven't taken it in well over a year without self-harm happening.  Beyond that, I have had the blurs out of the corners of my eyes since a few months ago.  I asked God what they were and He said "Demons.  All of them."  So, I said the "The Lord rebuke you" and I saw it fold and get sucked away, haven't seen it since.  Then shortly afterwards, I asked about hearing my name yelled everywhere and I heard God say "They're demons.  All of them."  I said "The Lord rebuke you" and they disappeared.

Now, of course, these could be my own voices playing with me, but there must be an external interference doing this.  Otherwise how could I ask the man dreaming about the Man in White(Revelation 1:16-20, I believe) who said at the voice's prompt and get in return that his mom had?  How could I ask the person to pay for me to go to Germany and she have the funds?  Wouldn't another be suggested to discourage me from asking the second?  How could I tell my friend God showed me him as a surgeon and he never having told me he wants to be one?  He was genuinely shocked.  That was real fun.  The list can go on and on and on of things I shouldn't know about, but do.

Then the obvious response is, do we believe it be divine or satanic?  Starting from the neutral point, does what I hear line up with the Bible?  If yes, then divine, if no, then not.  Does what I hear appear life giving?  If yes, then divine, if no, then not.  Further, there's testing of the Spirits.  Asking who came in the flesh, as Paul said to, knowing the enemy will not say God.

The Bible says "My sheep will know my voice" or something to that effect and it says that God is not a God of confusion.  Now, if it is as this, then I point to the above and say "I am on the right path."  Don't be too concerned.  Thanks for it, but it's just not a concern.  As I am, right now, everything's fine.  Even got partial confirmation of a few dreams God gave me for the future recently.

EDIT: For the record, I come from a super charismatic church and a church that's all about having a relationship with God.  The honest truth is, beyond speaking in tongues I had no idea about the rest of this stuff or hearing God, but the more time passes, the better I feel.  I am told stuff I shouldn't know otherwise; I see stuff happen that otherwise I wouldn't believe; I've seen the cripple walk straight; and, well, I got to give food to people and it ends up being their favorite food(Last week, got to give  a guy some rodeo burgers and before I gave them to him, I asked him what he thought of them and he said "I love them!  They're my favorite!  Every time I go to BK, I order those!"  So, I responded "Jesus must love you because he told me to get those for you.").  Honestly?  These experiences are so cool, they're sort of a weekly thing for me now.  I'm just as far from concerned as possible.
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:07 pm

There is no new revelation today. When we pray to God, it should be for wisdom and understanding, not what His will is.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:08 pm

My concern with "having things personally revealed to me by God" is that it is exactly the reasonings used by men like Joseph Smith and others.  If I accept that someone has been given a personal revelation of God's will (as opposed to an understanding of things already given), then I CAN NOT invalidate things like the "revelation" of Joseph Smith and the foundation of Mormonism and the like (for just one example).

Moreover, NO....I have NEVER IN MY LIFE had God say to me something so trivial as "you should eat pizza today", much less had a conversation where He says that, and I go "I don't want pizza", have Him reply "get Pizza.  Go to this place.  Oh, and order some garlic bread while you're at it".

NEVER.

The fact that this story is related by someone who is a clinically diagnosed schizophrenic (which, clinically speaking is not "cute able") admittedly off their meds is just RED FLAGS EVERYWHERE to me and a few others.....and we bring it up because we're concerned.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:17 am

Peter who was Vaak wrote:I have used discernment, testing of the Spirits, and getting outside counsel to make these decisions.

Am I understanding this right? You talk to people AND spirits in regards to what God tells you about mundane things? (like pizza and garlic bread)

Peter who was Vaak wrote:Also, as for the whole schizophrenia thing, that was a past concern. I did have it, did take medication, but God cured me. I haven't taken it in well over a year without self-harm happening.

That's good you're a year in without self harm, but the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence. Has a medical professional told you you're cured? or is this something God told you?

Peter who was Vaak wrote:Now, of course, these could be my own voices playing with me, but there must be an external interference doing this. Otherwise how could I ask the man dreaming about the Man in White(Revelation 1:16-20, I believe) who said at the voice's prompt and get in return that his mom had? How could I ask the person to pay for me to go to Germany and she have the funds? Wouldn't another be suggested to discourage me from asking the second? How could I tell my friend God showed me him as a surgeon and he never having told me he wants to be one? He was genuinely shocked. That was real fun. The list can go on and on and on of things I shouldn't know about, but do.

Yes, this sort of thing happened with my uncle too. Peter, do you think there's anything besides God that could be talking to you and enabling you sums of money? If there's ANY chance that the voices are you, I would be asking God about talking to a medical professional rather than comrades or pedestrians on the street...
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:15 am

Well, I was just compared to Joseph Smith kind of, so here's this...

Now, the food thing you talked about, that being trivial.  Of course, Luke 12:7 "Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered..." So, if God so cares that he has numbered the hairs on our head, something even more trivial than food, which is talked about so much, then why would he not care about the food we eat?

Further, it says in John 17:3 "Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."  Therefore, our eternities will be marked by getting to know God and Jesus better, so why not tap into that now, if given that he cares for us so much that he has numbered the hairs on our head and, given, that his thoughts for us outnumber the grains of sand (Psalm 139:18)?  

What I bring is no new revelation, though Revelation 14:26 seems to say they're alright, with the implication that they line up with the word, but a fuller way of living life which is said in Psalm 90 and referenced in Hebrews 3:7-11:
7 Therefore, as the Holy Spirit says: Today, if you will hear His voice,
8 Do not harden your hearts, as [happened] in the rebellion [of Israel] and their provocation and [a]embitterment [of Me] in the day of testing in the wilderness,
9 Where your fathers tried [My patience] and tested [My forbearance] and [b]found I stood their test, and they saw My works for forty years.
10 And so I was provoked (displeased and sorely grieved) with that generation, and said, They always err and are led astray in their hearts, and they have not perceived or recognized My ways and become progressively better and more experimentally and intimately acquainted with them.
11 Accordingly, I swore in My wrath and indignation, They shall not enter into My rest.

Of course, the experimentally being key there.  Trying, learning, adjusting, and growing.

Acts 3:6 says "Then Peter said, 'Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk.'"  That was Peter walking in the fullness of God and so I am.

The reason why it looks so weird is because I am not merely content with just reading a book and believing God is dead to my life.  Why would he who gathered little children when they were blocked by his disciples be less concerned as we age?  If he did number our hairs, then that's a pretty big revelation and in and of itself tells us He's more concerned with us than we may even be with ourselves.  

Honestly?  The thing that gets me about all this is y'all's lack of faith.  I point out examples up there of telling people stuff I shouldn't know; having gotten food that was exactly what was a guy's favorite; I could tell stories of how God's guided me to the place to get food for people, and I could go on and on, but the sad part is this feels like it'd be lost on a bunch of people who are more interested in rituals and rules than God Himself.

As for the money?  No, that's God.  As for that money I gave away, about $1300?  Let me direct you to it(For the record, I did the anonymous donation because I don't want people to know it's me.  I got an e-mail from Blake, but I didn't need any recognition, it's what God wanted and that was enough).  Do you think satan would see to it to help Antoine?  Do you think satan would see to it that Antoine and his family would get out of Venezuela in order that he may live a more fulfilled life?  Honestly?  I think it would be easier to leave him there to die if I was the enemy, but God Almighty, He who blessed me, had greater plans and plans to prosper another.  Am I worried?  Nah.

In the Bible, it says we are to be iron sharpening iron, but this is not that.  It's a bunch of people who are comfortable sitting in the kiddie pool rather than being dragged out to a deeper understand of God and a more fulfilling life with Him.  If you are interested in more, then earnestly go after it.  I assure you, having been cured of anxiety, depression, and, yes, schizophrenia, it's a far better life in the freedom of Jesus than the shallows of the kiddie pool.
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:58 am

Peter who was Vaak wrote:Honestly?  The thing that gets me about all this is y'all's lack of faith.  I point out examples up there of telling people stuff I shouldn't know; having gotten food that was exactly what was a guy's favorite; I could tell stories of how God's guided me to the place to get food for people, and I could go on and on, but the sad part is this feels like it'd be lost on a bunch of people who are more interested in rituals and rules than God Himself.

Someone is led to express concern for you, and you retort with commentary on their supposed lack of faith.........ugh.

I am literally unable to convey how much this saddens me.

You assume TOO MUCH about the spiritual lives/status of others, including my own.  The hubris in it is galling.

We're not calling what we're worried about to your attention just to make ourselves feel better, dude......I'd love nothing more than to just put the blinders on and ignore it all.

exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:36 am

As for the money?  No, that's God.  As for that money I gave away, about $1300?  Let me direct you to it(For the record, I did the anonymous donation because I don't want people to know it's me.  I got an e-mail from Blake, but I didn't need any recognition, it's what God wanted and that was enough).

That "anonymous" donation was one of the highlights of my year. The amount of joy that filled my soul they day I saw it is indescribable. That ball has now been deflated because you just couldn't keep it to yourself. I had no idea who it was until right now, and if you were truly humble, then I wouldn't be hearing about it now. Apparently, you did want the recognition.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:50 am

exo wrote:
Peter who was Vaak wrote:Honestly?  The thing that gets me about all this is y'all's lack of faith.  I point out examples up there of telling people stuff I shouldn't know; having gotten food that was exactly what was a guy's favorite; I could tell stories of how God's guided me to the place to get food for people, and I could go on and on, but the sad part is this feels like it'd be lost on a bunch of people who are more interested in rituals and rules than God Himself.

Someone is led to express concern for you, and you retort with commentary on their supposed lack of faith.........ugh.

I am literally unable to convey how much this saddens me.

You assume TOO MUCH about the spiritual lives/status of others, including my own.  The hubris in it is galling.

We're not calling what we're worried about to your attention just to make ourselves feel better, dude......I'd love nothing more than to just put the blinders on and ignore it all.
Ditto.

Peter, I like you and appreciate you, but I'll confess, I have the same concerns as the others here do too.

I'm not closed to the possibility that God talks to you the way you say, but you must understand that what you are describing isn't ever in my realm of experience and those whom I have met who have similar claims have turned out to be very inconsistent in their walks and just general fruit loops. So, I would wonder about you too. The thing is all I have to go on are your posts here. I'm not in your personal life. From what I see you seem to love the Lord and so, I've not had a major reason to call this out. But, now when you call the rest of us out for an apparent 'lack of faith' I have to wonder where your heart and mind are. God doesn't talk to me the way 'He' talks to you and I have great faith in Him, His character and the work of the Lord Jesus Christ. My only discontent with His providence in my life is that I think that He is too kind to me in comparison to others. I'm such a selfish sinner and yet He's shown my infinite grace. Despite my rebellions, He's given me a beautiful family, a few good friends, a comfortable home, and a consistent means to provide for my family. You really need to rethink what you assume about any of us when you call us out for a lack of faith, especially when the others have made it known that they are concerned for you. I now join them in that concern.

In Christ's love, David
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:51 am

New Creation wrote:

As for the money?  No, that's God.  As for that money I gave away, about $1300?  Let me direct you to it(For the record, I did the anonymous donation because I don't want people to know it's me.  I got an e-mail from Blake, but I didn't need any recognition, it's what God wanted and that was enough).

That "anonymous" donation was one of the highlights of my year. The amount of joy that filled my soul they day I saw it is indescribable. That ball has now been deflated because you just couldn't keep it to yourself. I had no idea who it was until right now, and if you were truly humble, then I wouldn't be hearing about it now. Apparently, you did want the recognition.
I don't wish to pile on, but I have the same thoughts. Nevertheless, I'm grateful that you did it.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:45 am

Peter, I don't see anything in your reply regarding a current diagnosis from a medical professional. ...only more experience and Bible verses.

Can you understand our concern and what this looks like to us? God talks to people, but so does schizophrenia. How can you truly rely on voices you hear as clearance from a malady that causes you to hear voices?

I've added you to my prayer list Peter. Please see a doctor about this if you haven't...
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:01 pm

Peter, some really wise things have been said here and I fully believe they were all out of love.  As David said, none of us know you personally, but the reasons for concern are valid – based off of what you have shared.  I implore you to humble yourself and consider what has been said here carefully and prayerfully.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next