The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Secular Metal Danger

+14
ThomasEversole
exo
MetalGospel
Believer12
Temple of Blood
MegaNorm64
Superjuice
d@v!d
Friday13th
sentient 6
Hardcore Christian
WildWorld
TheDoctor394
HOTDOGS AND MUSTARD
18 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Secular Metal Danger - Page 5 Empty Re: Secular Metal Danger

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2015 6:51 pm

Christian hearts and minds should not be reflecting the same mindset that the world does.

True.

Christians have something that other people don't have - the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. Plus, we have the authority of Gods Word. Together, they shape and mold our hearts and attitudes. When the scriptures speaks, the Holy Spirit speaks. When the scriptures lead, the Holy Spirit leads.

That's the way it's supposed to be...isn't it?

But the problem is...that many people, sometimes even those who claim to be Christians, have an indwelling of a hardened heart.

Just because a person claims to be a Christian....doesn't necessarily mean that they are acting like one. Which is sad  Crying or Very sad

And there are many people who are blind and deaf whenever the Holy Spirit speaks....because they allow themselves to have a hardened heart.

How can the Holy Spirit reach them when they harden their hearts they way they do?

As I stated earlier...Any time two people can not agree on who...and even WHAT...the Holy Spirit is...there's always going to be confusion there.

And because they can't agree on the Holy Spirit...they probably will not even think to truly encourage each other and build each other up.

They will probably just "agree to disagree", and avoid going to the Scriptures together.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 17, 2015 12:40 am

sentient 6 wrote:
Neal Morse Code wrote:  Different strokes for different folks.  

Here is a general principle that I feel applies to every aspect of our lives. Christian hearts and minds should not be reflecting the same mindset that the world does. Christians have something that other people don't have - the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. Plus, we have the authority of Gods Word. Together, they shape and mold our hearts and attitudes. When the scriptures speaks, the Holy Spirit speaks. When the scriptures lead, the Holy Spirit leads.

That said, do you feel the Holy Spirit leads two Christians to feel opposite in regards to the same things ? In regards to this topic particularly, would God lead one Christian to feel that songs about sex, violence, rebellion, etc are ok for them ? While leading another, that these types of songs are contrary to a Christian  seeking holiness ?

....this is one question a think about when someone says " what might be right for one Christian may not be right for another."
That's a lovely...scarecrow (a reasonable substitute terminology-wise to not upset Kerrick).  You're putting words in my mouth and twisting them to fit into your argument. A logical fallacy, the last time I checked. 

I reject your homogenous mind-set in paragraph two, where you seem to make the case that we must all think the same.  

Scripture admonishes us to move onto meat from milk.  To me, you're still hung up on moo juice.   If a Christian does not stumble from listening to Dream Theater, Rush, or Iron Maiden (I can enjoy them with incredible fervor), and another Christian dislikes them, does that automatically make the disliking Christian correct? Music is subjective, and you're conflating infallible Scripture with subjectivism.  Apples and light-sabers.  Monkey Biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 17, 2015 6:59 am

That's a lovely...scarecrow (a reasonable substitute terminology-wise to not upset Kerrick).  You're putting words in my mouth and twisting them to fit into your argument. A logical fallacy, the last time I checked. 

Speaking of "scarecrows" and logical fallacy,
How are words being twisted and put into your mouth?

You said "last time I checked"....So...it's been a while since you've checked out what a "scarecrow" and logical fallacy are?

If so...I would recommend that you look into it again in order to refresh your memory.

(I'm not trying to twist your words, or put words into your mouth. I am trying to reason and figure out what you are saying.)

I reject your homogenous mind-set in paragraph two, where you seem to make the case that we must all think the same.

I think you've missed the point.

I think the point was that Christians should be in one accord.

Are you saying that you reject the "homogenous mind-set" that Christians should be in one accord with one another?

That's what it looks like you're saying here.

Scripture admonishes us to move onto meat from milk.  To me, you're still hung up on moo juice.   If a Christian does not stumble from listening to Dream Theater, Rush, or Iron Maiden (I can enjoy them with incredible fervor), and another Christian dislikes them, does that automatically make the disliking Christian correct? Music is subjective, and you're conflating infallible Scripture with subjectivism.  Apples and light-sabers.

It's interesting that you criticize one for being hung up on "moo juice", and not moving on to meat.

Are you really referring to the milk of Scripture as "moo juice"?

Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 17, 2015 8:43 am

Mortal, you have a fine talent for twisting words yourself.  

Knock off the blatant harassment and stalking me in threads.  

Enough of your jibba jabba. 

Back to ignoring you now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 17, 2015 9:13 am

Neal Morse Code wrote:Mortal, you have a fine talent for twisting words yourself.  

Knock off the blatant harassment and stalking me in threads.  

Enough of your jibba jabba. 

Back to ignoring you now.

"twisting words"?

"blatant harassment"?

"stalking"?

My "jibba jabba"?

If you want to ignore me....that's cool with me,

It is also your decision if you want to do that....The "ignore button" is one of the features here.

But do you really have to accuse me of those things, and announce to others that you are putting me on "ignore"?

That in itself would seem like a type of "stalking" and "blatant harassment"....wouldn't it?  scratch Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Sun May 17, 2015 8:12 pm

Yup, to much back and forth crap, and not enough of people exercising discretion. I knew it was too good to last :/

Y'all can keep the petty sniping at each other to yourselves, or I can send the both of you on vacation for a week or two.  This is your warning.

And sorry to the others on the thread who actually elected to behave themselves....but this thread is done now.

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5