The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is the most Christian friendly thrash band?

+6
seth
Dustofyears
Pethead
Black Rider
Temple of Blood
TZ75
10 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Who is the most Christian friendly thrash band? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who is the most Christian friendly thrash band?

Post by TZ75 Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:46 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
WildWorld wrote:Back on topic,,,Gargoyle?

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Gargoyle/Gargoyle/14338

never read their lyrics too deeply.

😏
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Who is the most Christian friendly thrash band? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who is the most Christian friendly thrash band?

Post by Superjuice Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:15 pm

Should rename this 'The Big Pharma thread'
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, MagnusPrime and seth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:16 pm

TZ75 wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
TZ75 wrote:Once upon a time ToB thought Forbidden Evil was friendly (or acceptable enough) to put on his pure Christian metal album.

Like Realm, this band in its earliest days had Christian members who steered them away from being a Venom/Slayer-influenced band into an "anti-Evil" band warning against Hell.  

There is a chasm of difference between this particular song and Overkill/Dream Theater/most every Christian-friendly song mentioned in that thread.  

Are you still contending that Sin of Omission is "almost" a Christian song?

The title “Sins of Omission” has religious connotations. The message is also not unlike a topic a Christian band has wrote about. 

Still got a problem?

Yes, because the topic is not written from a Christian perspective AT ALL.  It's what the world already believes!  It's sad that I have to explain this.

It's not the "topic", it's the perspective and message about how the topic is addressed.

Song of Solomon and Whitesnake sing about the same topics in different ways.

Get it?
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:18 pm

Superjuice wrote:Should rename this 'The Big Pharma thread'
Or Playground Fight Thread, pt 1 (part 2 is the “Christian friendly Deicide” thread)
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Kerrick, Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:32 pm

Well, YO MAMA IS SO FAT. 

Or something. 

Meet me in the parking lot after school and we’ll settle this.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Kerrick, MagnusPrime, seth and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:41 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
TZ75 wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
TZ75 wrote:Once upon a time ToB thought Forbidden Evil was friendly (or acceptable enough) to put on his pure Christian metal album.

Like Realm, this band in its earliest days had Christian members who steered them away from being a Venom/Slayer-influenced band into an "anti-Evil" band warning against Hell.  

There is a chasm of difference between this particular song and Overkill/Dream Theater/most every Christian-friendly song mentioned in that thread.  

Are you still contending that Sin of Omission is "almost" a Christian song?

The title “Sins of Omission” has religious connotations. The message is also not unlike a topic a Christian band has wrote about. 

Still got a problem?

Yes, because the topic is not written from a Christian perspective AT ALL.  It's what the world already believes!  It's sad that I have to explain this.

It's not the "topic", it's the perspective and message about how the topic is addressed.

Song of Solomon and Whitesnake sing about the same topics in different ways.

Get it?

No. 

(Insert insult)

Get over it! Ultimatum covered the song. Do you think Scott Waters is foolish?
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:43 pm

ToB frequently bodyslams Believer every chance he gets. 

Why doesn’t he pray for them instead?
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:55 pm

This is great! 

TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:00 pm

Pethead wrote:Well, YO MAMA IS SO FAT. 

Or something. 

Meet me in the parking lot after school and we’ll settle this.
No, it’s actually YO mama who’s fat. Hypocrite much? Why are you always attacking me and bearing false witness against my mother?
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:04 pm

You’ve heard of ad hominem? This is ad mominem.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Son of Nun, MagnusPrime, seth and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:28 pm

Pethead wrote:Well, YO MAMA IS SO FAT. 

She shares common ground with everyone.

cheers
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:32 pm

Well played.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

MagnusPrime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:10 pm

As for Overkill, they do have a couple of songs that could be interpreted as Christian-friendly like Save Me and The Cleansing (which, though having lots of f-bombs, ends with the lines "Jesus cleanse me now").

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:14 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:My point is not moot.  This thread isn't about me as the grand example for each of you to follow, and I've never pretended that it was.  That argument is a total cop-out and if it's the best you can make that I already won the argument.

I already know that secular lyrics are in most cases HOT GARBAGE, whether or not they have profanity or blasphemy.  I do not idolize these rock demi-gods and respect their thoughts on the world.  Seems some of you are in denial IMHO.

I am already fully aware that Dark Angel and Artillery, even at their most clever and poetic, have lyrics that only a fool would put stock in.

Yes, singing about/glorifying wanton violence without context is just as evil as singing about wanton sex without limits.
Completely contradictory... such an obscure and confused window to look out of... one hand says yes and shows itself boldly and declares one thing in the megaphone-styling of the left while the right hand keeps its secrets hidden away in a pocket... can't imagine the battle inside that mind that must go on daily... so torn between worlds it seems...

And also BELIEVER ARE GREAT!!!

Last edited by Dustofyears on Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:23 pm

MagnusPrime wrote:Sometimes thrash bands can be friendly.

Sometimes they're jerks, though.

We all have good days and bad days.
I do enjoy your comedic reliefs
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75, MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:10 am

Dustofyears wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:My point is not moot.  This thread isn't about me as the grand example for each of you to follow, and I've never pretended that it was.  That argument is a total cop-out and if it's the best you can make that I already won the argument.

I already know that secular lyrics are in most cases HOT GARBAGE, whether or not they have profanity or blasphemy.  I do not idolize these rock demi-gods and respect their thoughts on the world.  Seems some of you are in denial IMHO.

I am already fully aware that Dark Angel and Artillery, even at their most clever and poetic, have lyrics that only a fool would put stock in.

Yes, singing about/glorifying wanton violence without context is just as evil as singing about wanton sex without limits.
Completely contradictory... such an obscure and confused window to look out of... one hand says yes and shows itself boldly and declares one thing in the megaphone-styling of the left while the right hand keeps its secrets hidden away in a pocket... can't imagine the battle inside that mind that must go on daily... so torn between worlds it seems...

I’m a Believer that his Sanity may be Obscure.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:13 am

TZ75 wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:

I’m a Believer that his Sanity may be Obscure. 

Uh oh… he doesn’t like my jokes.
lol!
You've said some things in this debate that I think were a little immature, but when he gets offended at this it'll be just his fault. This is a harmless joke.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Dustofyears likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:19 am

How should I have responded? 

Even Weird Al would agree he went off the deep end.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:21 am

TZ75 wrote:How should I have responded? 

I think you were in the right, and nothing you said was really bad or anything. I think you handled it all rather well, there were just a couple times (can't think of exactly when) where you did seem a little antagonistic... Though I can't say I wouldn't have done the same thing myself.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:23 am

I actually enjoy a bit of immaturity, case you haven't noticed...
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:34 am

Dustofyears wrote:I actually enjoy a bit of immaturity, case you haven't noticed...
Nope. I've never seen ANY hints of that.

Same though. I personally consideres ToB starting the Deicide thread very funny.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:40 am

StevenCressler wrote:

I think you were in the right, and nothing you said was really bad or anything. I think you handled it all rather well, there were just a couple times (can't think of exactly when) where you did seem a little antagonistic... Though I can't say I wouldn't have done the same thing myself.

Well the Deicide mockery thread was the most immature thing out of it all. And people got a kick out of it!

My jokes are in the PG-rated realm. I didn’t break any rules. The guy wanted to feel like he put me in my place for some reason. He wouldn’t let it go and he didn’t make any sense! You know the saying, “rules for thee, but not for me”. He was losing his marbles over a Testament song while he put a non-Christian song on one of his albums. 

I hate when I answer a question multiple times and another person just ignores it and keeps coming at you. There comes a time it gets comical or insane.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:08 am

I think a couple of people really need to learn the phrase “be the bigger person” and take it to heart. Remember, we are representatives of Christ with our behavior. Even when we think, correctly or not, that the other guy is in the wrong
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, Dustofyears, Son of Nun and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:28 am

TZ75 wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:

Well the Deicide mockery thread was the most immature thing out of it all. And people got a kick out of it!

My jokes are in the PG-rated realm. I didn’t break any rules. The guy wanted to feel like he put me in my place for some reason. He wouldn’t let it go and he didn’t make any sense! You know the saying, “rules for thee, but not for me”. He was losing his marbles over a Testament song while he put a non-Christian song on one of his albums. 

I hate when I answer a question multiple times and another person just ignores it and keeps coming at you. There comes a time it gets comical or insane.
Yeah, I probably shouldn't have said anything about you being immature. I more meant that some things he got offended at I could kind of understand... But if he got offended at the Sanity Obscure joke, there would be no excuse

And as far as me finding the Deicide thread funny, my humor and values are very out of touch. Ive laughed at pro-abortion jokes, and you how much I absolutely despise abortion. I agree it was very immature.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 and Dustofyears like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:18 am

StevenCressler wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:I actually enjoy a bit of immaturity, case you haven't noticed...
Nope. I've never seen ANY hints of that.

Same though. I personally consideres ToB starting the Deicide thread very funny.

I laughed so hard when I saw that title then open it and this

"Asking for a praise leader" Rolf 1

Then I see "Christian friendly songs for Atheists" Rolf 1
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next