The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is the most Christian friendly thrash band?

+6
seth
Dustofyears
Pethead
Black Rider
Temple of Blood
TZ75
10 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Who is the most Christian friendly thrash band? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who is the most Christian friendly thrash band?

Post by TZ75 Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:13 am

Christians feuding is nothing new. We’re human. 

Whether it was: Guy and Gary vs Ted, or Jimmy Brown vs the whole CMR, or Luke vs ToB and now ToB vs me. It happens… even the apostle Paul had bickered with Peter. 

I hate to say it, but I think it’s entertaining for some people to watch.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears, MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Who is the most Christian friendly thrash band? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who is the most Christian friendly thrash band?

Post by MagnusPrime Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:49 am

Who is the most Christian friendly thrash band? - Page 5 C8f17fe8-bf40-4dd5-b7b2-45ea898e9567_text
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:42 am

MagnusPrime wrote:Who is the most Christian friendly thrash band? - Page 5 C8f17fe8-bf40-4dd5-b7b2-45ea898e9567_text
funny coz it's troo lolz   Razz
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

MagnusPrime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:37 am

MagnusPrime wrote:Who is the most Christian friendly thrash band? - Page 5 C8f17fe8-bf40-4dd5-b7b2-45ea898e9567_text
Who is the most Christian friendly thrash band? - Page 5 995085a8-f9a4-45fa-a472-060c0159a76b_text
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:09 am

WildWorld wrote:As for Overkill, they do have a couple of songs that could be interpreted as Christian-friendly like Save Me and The Cleansing (which, though having lots of f-bombs, ends with the lines "Jesus cleanse me now").

Interesting.  Those must've been later on, as I kinda lost track when they released albums ever year with new lineups. I check out their newer songs from time to time but nothing stood out to me.

I was really referring to their early works as those are the only really good ones IMHO.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Pethead, Constantine and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:13 am

I think they’re lyrics improved after Horrorscope overall, but their music went downhill.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Temple of Blood and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:20 am

Pethead wrote:I think they’re lyrics improved after Horrorscope overall, but their music went downhill.

Blitz probably grew up, like so many other lyricists did.

Bands can't replace their guitarists as often as Overkill did and retain songwriting quality.  Thrash is primarily about riff quality and that's a rarer commodity than the ability to merely play.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:29 pm

Pethead wrote:I think they’re lyrics improved after Horrorscope overall, but their music went downhill.

To me: Years of Decay and Horrorscope are the pinnacle of Overkill.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:33 pm

Agreed 1000%.

I’m legitimately surprised how much love post-Horrorscope Overkill gets. (Scorched was a good album, though).
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

TZ75 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:49 pm

With Overkill, DD Verni writes just about all the music (at least everything after The Years Of Decay), so their guitarists don't really factor in with their musical direction.
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and TZ75 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:53 pm

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say DD also had something to do with the production of WFO…
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

TZ75 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:16 pm

Pethead wrote:I’m gonna go out on a limb and say DD also had something to do with the production of WFO…

One of the most “out front” bass albums ever!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:20 pm

Yeah, the fact that DD writes most of the music is the problem.  I'm sure he's let other guitarists write some stuff too in the last 25 years or so though.

The Gustafson years, and even the Gant/Cannavino years are far superior.  It's clear that DD wasn't writing all those guitar riffs back when the band was at its creative peak.

I think "Taking Over" is their best album.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:21 pm

Pethead wrote:I’m gonna go out on a limb and say DD also had something to do with the production of WFO…

and Pantera
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:29 pm

DD Verni was already playing punchy loud bass before WFO. 

Under the Influence has a very upfront bass sound!

It’s a fact that Years of Decay influenced Pantera’s CFH album. That’s part of the reason they chose Terry Date for production.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5