The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is the most Christian friendly thrash band?

+6
seth
Dustofyears
Pethead
Black Rider
Temple of Blood
TZ75
10 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Who is the most Christian friendly thrash band? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is the most Christian friendly thrash band?

Post by TZ75 Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:13 pm

The irony is that you are unashamedly a fan of secular thrash. So your point is kinda moot. 

We are not looking for secular bands to replace our favorite Christian bands… but just to have the option of more music to listen to (and not blatantly offensive). 

Are you willing to stop listening to secular metal because of “subtle lies”? Or whatever you’re trying to say…
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Who is the most Christian friendly thrash band? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is the most Christian friendly thrash band?

Post by TZ75 Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:21 pm

Pethead wrote:I’ll admit I get confused as to what constitutes Christian-friendly, but I recognize that people are looking for things that might not bother their conscience. That’s going to vary from person to person, of course.

Well in general, songs about observing society or human behavior is acceptable. 

Also, songs like Creeping Death and Sins of Omission are almost what an actual Christian band would write.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:22 pm

My point is not moot.  This thread isn't about me as the grand example for each of you to follow, and I've never pretended that it was.  That argument is a total cop-out and if it's the best you can make that I already won the argument.

I already know that secular lyrics are in most cases HOT GARBAGE, whether or not they have profanity or blasphemy.  I do not idolize these rock demi-gods and respect their thoughts on the world.  Seems some of you are in denial IMHO.

I am already fully aware that Dark Angel and Artillery, even at their most clever and poetic, have lyrics that only a fool would put stock in.

Yes, singing about/glorifying wanton violence without context is just as evil as singing about wanton sex without limits.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:26 pm

"Sins of Omission" is not Christian.  That's a lot of the kind of stuff I'm talking about.  Anti-suicide yes, but "hope to find the meaning of existence" heavily implies that it could be anything and they're all equally valid.  The only meaning is Christ and that much should be obvious to everyone on this board.  Also you don't have to "hope", you knock and He will answer.  Hope ain't part of the equation.  The verses in that songs are also just word-salad mush.

These vapid "positive" lyrics get a pass even though they are deceptive.  It's all so obviously wrong and stupid.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:27 pm

Wait! Your saying we idolize these bands? Because that's crazy. And who's saying we put stock in the lyric? This is a lot of assumption.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead, TZ75, Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:30 pm

You are the only one making a fuss over this topic, so yes you are the example this time. 

Who are you accusing of idolizing secular bands? We listen to them in probably the same context you do. Mostly for the music!

Seems hypocritical that you listen to DA and Artillery, but the rest of us are supposedly believing subtle lies (like we don’t have discernment and are being led away from Christ). 

What is different about you and us? 

I know what I believe.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:32 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:"Sins of Omission" is not Christian.  That's a lot of the kind of stuff I'm talking about.  Anti-suicide yes, but "hope to find the meaning of existence" heavily implies that it could be anything and they're all equally valid.  The only meaning is Christ and that much should be obvious to everyone on this board.  Also you don't have to "hope", you knock and He will answer.  Hope ain't part of the equation.  The verses in that songs are also just word-salad mush.

These vapid "positive" lyrics get a pass even though they are deceptive.  It's all so obviously wrong and stupid.

I didn’t say it’s Christian. I was telling Pethead an example of acceptable content (or what a Christian band might also write about). 

Stop jumping the shark dude.

Last edited by TZ75 on Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:32 pm

"Sins of Omission are almost what an actual Christian band would write"

Here's my exhibit A.  And this is just the tip of the iceberg.

THIS is putting WAY too much stock in this band's actual lyric and what they are actually saying, and pretending that simply being anti-Suicide is Christian.  YouTube is anti-suicide too, they block self-harm lyrics!  Just including the word "sin" in the title is enough to throw off a lot of people.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:34 pm

Denial would be saying that these bands themselves are Christian. Who is saying that?

As I said above, if you only listen to music that’s consistent with a biblical worldview you’re gonna have to go ahead and toss a good chunk of supposedly Christian music, as well.

But truth can be spoken even by the ungodly. God did it through a false prophet and his donkey.

Edit: several people responded in the time I was writing that, but I didn’t want my (minimal) effort to go to waste.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Black Rider, TZ75, Dustofyears, MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:35 pm

I already explained what I meant, sorry you don’t understand or don’t agree.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:35 pm

Sometimes thrash bands can be friendly.

Sometimes they're jerks, though.

We all have good days and bad days.
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, TZ75, Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:40 pm

Surprised Luke Easter hasn't popped up yet... guess he things TZ75's doing a good enough job lol
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

TZ75 and Dustofyears like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:45 pm

Pethead wrote:Denial would be saying that these bands themselves are Christian. Who is saying that?

As I said above, if you only listen to music that’s consistent with a biblical worldview you’re gonna have to go ahead and toss a good chunk of supposedly Christian music, as well.

But truth can be spoken even by the ungodly. God did it through a false prophet and his donkey.

Edit: several people responded in the time I was writing that, but I didn’t want my (minimal) effort to go to waste.

Denial is also saying these "Christian-friendly" bands aren't spreading just as many anti-God sentiments.  People are just trying to justify their listening habits and it is obvious.  Again, I am fine with someone saying I am listening to things that I shouldn't, but the self-justification is just weak.

"Sins of Omission" isn't even ALMOST what a Christian band would say.  I've never heard a Christian band say "just find your own life's meaning" or even "don't commit suicide" and just leave it at that.  For all the criticism that could be leveled at Christian bands throughout time, I have to say I've never seen anything that bad.

There is a time to kill, and heal ... and a Christian cares about context.

I think even if "Christian-friendly" was a legitimate label and you guys could agree on what the rules were for it, it would include far fewer songs/albums/bands than currently get a pass.  Like Overkill .... I can't believe this one is included.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:48 pm

StevenCressler wrote:Surprised Luke Easter hasn't popped up yet... guess he things TZ75's doing a good enough job lol

Luke is a well spoken dude. 

He’s much better at this than I am. Although I have had a few disagreements with with him in the past…  

It’s bound to happen.  Smile
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:50 pm

TZ75 wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:Surprised Luke Easter hasn't popped up yet... guess he things TZ75's doing a good enough job lol

Luke is a well spoken dude. 

He’s much better at this than I am. Although I have had a few disagreements with with him in the past…  Smile

It’s bound to happen.
Yeah, I was just joking about how he seems to not get along with ToB well, especially when ToB speaks with any sense of authority.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:55 pm

You just reminded me of the last time Luke verbally stone-cold stunned ToB like a WWE match.

He definitely didn’t hold back how he felt!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:01 pm

TZ75 wrote:You just reminded me of the last time Luke verbally stone-cold stunned ToB like a WWE match.

He definitely didn’t hold back how he felt!
Yeah.

For ToB's sake, no one call Onward to Freedom a Tourniquet album... then we're sure to bring Luke here!
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:03 pm

As someone formerly heavily involved in the political side of social media (never going there again), I’ve discovered it’s never worthwhile to engage in angry online arguments. Civil debates can be fine, but if you find yourself actually getting worked up it’s time to put the phone down and go touch some grass

Last edited by seth on Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:04 pm

If there was a Christian pro-wrestling circuit, they could place the mighty Bible-Thumpers up against the Pharisee Tribe for a tag team match. 

I’m just joking! But there are actual Christian pro-wrestlers.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:05 pm

seth wrote:As someone formerly heavily involved in the political side of social media (never going there again), I’ve discovered it’s never worthwhile to engage in angry online arguments. Civil debates can be fine, but if you find yourself actually getting worked up it’s time to go touch some grass
QFT. And I’m glad you said “touch some grass” instead of “smoke some grass,” although I believe both calm you down.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

TZ75, seth and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:08 pm

Pethead wrote:
seth wrote:As someone formerly heavily involved in the political side of social media (never going there again), I’ve discovered it’s never worthwhile to engage in angry online arguments. Civil debates can be fine, but if you find yourself actually getting worked up it’s time to go touch some grass
QFT. And I’m glad you said “touch some grass” instead of “smoke some grass,” although I believe both calm you down.
Not sure if you're already aware, but "touching grass" is kind of a modern term that basically means going outside and not spending your entire life infront of a screen.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

seth likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:09 pm

Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:10 pm

StevenCressler wrote:
Pethead wrote:
Not sure if you're already aware, but "touching grass" is kind of a modern term that basically means going outside and not spending your entire life infront of a screen.
That actually is one modern expression I understand.

No cap.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

seth and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:11 pm

Pethead wrote:

What are your thought on medical marijuana? You know for cancer patients etc…
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:14 pm

Are you trying to get me to poke ANOTHER hornet’s nest today?!??
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Kerrick, seth and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next