The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrash, death, or black metal?

+25
Friday13th
nocturnaliridescence
Snakes & Metal
Dustofyears
Constantine
ThomasEversole
seth
Son of Nun
cailen
ReedBenson
TZ75
MagnusPrime
Ammocas
Frozen Fire
BaleMaster
Temple of Blood
scottmitchell74
Superjuice
Airola
Kerrick
crucifyd
CrimsonWarrior
Sevenoneself
Black Rider
Pethead
29 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Thrash, death, or black metal? - Page 4 Empty Re: Thrash, death, or black metal?

Post by Black Rider Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:28 pm

Dust is mostly here to chide and mock, keep your pearls.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Kerrick and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Thrash, death, or black metal? - Page 4 Empty Re: Thrash, death, or black metal?

Post by Friday13th Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:49 pm

Thrash ‘til death
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Temple of Blood, Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:17 pm

nocturnaliridescence wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:

** We could still use the word "meditation" (Psalm 19:14), but I try to avoid this word, as it's easy to get it confused with the new age meditation that we see today (demonic activity in disguise).
Meditation=demons in disguise lolz... (see what religion does to the mind guys everything be demons and satan) the only demonz that exist are the ones that live on this planet and they are called mankind.
Me: Years of personal experience and theological research
You: Ad-hominem; misspellings; claims with nothing to back them up.

Think about this for a second. Really truly think.

Me: Years of personal experience and theological research

Translation: years of indoctrination and researching ficiton.

Point out the Ad-hominem? You know what an Ad-hominem is don't you? It's a personal attack on someone's charatcter, point it out for me...

As for grammar I just don't care in chats about grammar but can prolly spell you under a table lolz what was it "Demonz" lolz all you got is grandma comments to shoot back at this point...

Let's talk about Claims: Devil exists, demons exist, hell is where you'll go and burn for eternity if you don't believe our "Claims" claims that have zero evidence.

Prove these claims you boast where are they and an ancient book written by men is not evidence nor are "feelings".

The greatest trick man ever pulled was getting another man to believe in fictions.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:19 pm

Please take this to PM if you guys wanna hash this out.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Pethead, Dustofyears, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:22 pm

Black Rider wrote:Dust is mostly here to chide and mock, keep your pearls.
Pearls lolz.

It's ok I'd rather you call me swine out right instead of doing the usual passive aggressive christian thing you usually do when challenged. I give you full permission Christian full of love and peace.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnaliridescence Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:16 pm

Kerrick wrote:Please take this to PM if you guys wanna hash this out.
According to the site, he's been here for three years and according to other users, he's just a troll. Why would someone like this not be banned? Sometime before the almost-four-year mark or the 900+ post mark? Notice he "liked" your post mentioning taking this to PMs and then proceeded to continue it right under that.

Edit: I see his post history tells us he's "angry" at "the church". Give me a break. People like this will never be satisfied. They don't want to learn, they don't want to hear other perspectives, and they don't want to heal. They just want to yell and inconvenience and hurt other people as some kind of ill-planned "ReVeNgE" for their own unresolved pain -- yet they'll never take it out on the people who hurt them, only on whoever's nearby and convenient. Proof: We've never met before, obviously I didn't hurt this guy or caused whatever makes him so "angry", yet his first interaction with me is some sniveling, unprovoked attack. Should we really tolerate someone who actively refuses to make progress SO MUCH that basic elementary-school human politeness is too much to expect of them after almost 4 years?
nocturnaliridescence
nocturnaliridescence
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Black Rider, Temple of Blood and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:52 pm

He's not a complete troll, though he obviously enjoys pushing peoples' buttons.

Dust, you know the rules here.  Be respectful or leave.  You were already instructed to take this to PM if you want to continue, but to make it clear: his is your warning. Coming to a Christian website just to deride Christianity is juvenile and pretty ridiculous.

To everyone else, don't stoop to his level please.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Black Rider, Pethead, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:16 pm

Dustofyears wrote:
Black Rider wrote:Dust is mostly here to chide and mock, keep your pearls.
Pearls lolz.

It's ok I'd rather you call me swine out right instead of doing the usual passive aggressive christian thing you usually do when challenged. I give you full permission Christian full of love and peace.
Oh yeah, I forgot smug too. Funny, you want definitive proof but believe we're here by accident and something came from nothing but we're the crazy ones. 
Okay Kerrick, I'm done.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:47 pm

According to the site, he's been here for three years and according to other users, he's just a troll. Why would someone like this not be banned? Sometime before the almost-four-year mark or the 900+ post mark? Notice he "liked" your post mentioning taking this to PMs and then proceeded to continue it right under that.

Edit: I see his post history tells us he's "angry" at "the church". Give me a break. People like this will never be satisfied. They don't want to learn, they don't want to hear other perspectives, and they don't want to heal. They just want to yell and inconvenience and hurt other people as some kind of ill-planned "ReVeNgE" for their own unresolved pain -- yet they'll never take it out on the people who hurt them, only on whoever's nearby and convenient. Proof: We've never met before, obviously I didn't hurt this guy or caused whatever makes him so "angry", yet his first interaction with me is some sniveling, unprovoked attack. Should we really tolerate someone who actively refuses to make progress SO MUCH that basic elementary-school human politeness is too much to expect of them after almost 4 years?
I think misplaced anger is what drives a lot of people away from God. Either anger at God for not working the way they want Him to, or anger at other people, for reasons that may or may not be legitimate, which is misdirected at God and religion in general. No it’s not rational, but humans in general are often not as rational as we would like to be. See Roger Martinez and Gary Lenaire for other examples of this, although Gary finally broke through that shell of anger around his mind, by God’s grace. I wouldn’t say they don’t want to heal, but their emotions are clouding their mind to the point to where they don’t know how
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:51 pm

I've found that blocking certain users here in your own profile is a very useful feature.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Kerrick, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:54 pm

Yes I highly recommend using the "foes list" feature!  Simply click on a user's name, then in the upper-right-hand corner click "add to my foes list."  It'll automatically hide any posts of theirs (similar to a spoiler tag - you can view their comments if you want to) as well as disable them being able to message you IIRC.  Unfortunately mods can't use this feature hahaha.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Black Rider, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:52 pm

Mostly thrash, mainly because it's more accessible with catchy hooks and catchier choruses, something that most Death Metal (aside from melodic death metal) doesnt really focus on. I do like some DM bands, but it's not a genre I specifically seek out, and I cant really listen to it for too long as it gets "samey", and as for Black Metal, I only like very few bands, and they're all secular (Absu, who have thrash influences, Immortal, and to a lesser extent, Emperor).

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Superjuice, Temple of Blood, CrimsonWarrior, Pethead, MagnusPrime, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:05 pm

kerrick was on the same time as me and had written that last message at the time then I saw Kerrick comment after had posted and pushed like as way to say I get the message, unlike the rest you it seems.

Never said the world was as made from nothing my spin is I don't know how all this came to be (so many ass-umptionz).

Kinda cry me a river really...lolz

Grow up and stop crying in your cups or I'll keep drinking your tears. That's all I gotta say cheers.

Last edited by Dustofyears on Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:19 pm

You drinking?
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

scottmitchell74, seth and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:21 pm

WildWorld wrote:Mostly thrash, mainly because it's more accessible with catchy hooks and catchier choruses, something that most Death Metal (aside from melodic death metal) doesnt really focus on. I do like some DM bands, but it's not a genre I specifically seek out, and I cant really listen to it for too long as it gets "samey", and as for Black Metal, I only like very few bands, and they're all secular (Absu, who have thrash influences, Immortal, and to a lesser extent, Emperor).
That’s why thrash is my favorite. I’m big on hooks in metal and thrash tends to be hookier.

While I LOVE melodic thrash, I’m actually not that big on melodeath. I like some of it from time to time but my favorite form of death is OSDM.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Black Rider, Temple of Blood, Sevenoneself, seth and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:26 pm

Black Rider wrote:You drinking?
He just said he was “drinking our tears” lol

Anyway, back to the subject. Melodic thrash > melodic black > melodic death > all other forms of the three
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:34 pm

Have a lovely day k.

Last edited by Dustofyears on Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:40 pm

Respectful disagreement isn’t trolling. You are more than welcome to do that. Making unprovoked snarky comments implying Christians to be brainwashed idiots is trolling, and it only makes you look like someone to not be taken seriously.
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:43 pm

seth wrote:
He just said he was “drinking our tears” lol

Anyway, back to the subject. Melodic thrash > melodic black > melodic death > all other forms of the three
That's right. Moving on now k.

PS: I thought we were frens...have a lovely day seth Very Happy
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:53 pm

Quit drunk posting.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:01 pm

Black Rider wrote:Quit drunk posting.
I'm drinking coffee broski... my hands are swollen so have type with one finger...so many assumptions...

let's move on Very Happy
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:26 pm

Guys, DROP IT.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Pethead, Dustofyears, Snakes & Metal and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:39 am

I like the idea of black metal more than what it actually is.

I like it as a reaction against death metal:  bringing back keyboards into metal, adding back melody, doing high anguished shrieks, not trying to do the tough guy post-Pantera thing.

But the songs are just garbage.  I don't believe most any of these guys could write a good simple metal song.

Melodeath stinks too, mostly because they don't really understand melody.  I rarely hear them do anything interesting with actual scales or chord progressions which are the actual tools of melody.  It sounds like death vocals over 4th-rate Iron Maiden ripoff patterns.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:03 am

ToB, have you ever listened to Lengsel's Solace? For some reason I have a feeling there is a chance you would like it.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:08 am

CrimsonWarrior wrote:ToB, have you ever listened to Lengsel's Solace? For some reason I have a feeling there is a chance you would like it.

I'll check it out.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

CrimsonWarrior and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next