The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bandcamp's ridiculous anti-Christian, front page article

+11
ThomasEversole
crucifyd
Pethead
Guenther321
TZ75
BaleMaster
Constantine
Kerrick
Black Rider
MagnusPrime
CrimsonWarrior
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Bandcamp's ridiculous anti-Christian, front page article - Page 2 Empty Re: Bandcamp's ridiculous anti-Christian, front page article

Post by Constantine Tue May 23, 2023 11:56 am

This article just came out that's relevant to what we are talking about there.
Basically it outlines the pressure that companies are under from activist shareholders.  

However while that may explain the situation at some companies, we already know that with others (like Disney, American Federation of Teachers or Budweiser for example), the push is coming from within their leadership.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/shareholder-activists-drag-companies-into-u-s-culture-wars-775804cd

The article also mentions that there are groups of conservative shareholders who are fighting to return these companies to focusing on products and services and profits, not on social agendas.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Pethead, MagnusPrime and scottmitchell74 like this post

Back to top Go down

Bandcamp's ridiculous anti-Christian, front page article - Page 2 Empty Re: Bandcamp's ridiculous anti-Christian, front page article

Post by ThomasEversole Tue May 23, 2023 12:58 pm

I agree its not immoral or unethical to purchase from woke companies or using their services, but their ideologies puts such a bad taste in my mouth, I'd rather go without whatever they're offering.

Besides, I have a hunch that the Michael Jordan-esque "Republicans buy sneakers too" is phasing out of the left's business practices.  I would not be surprised at all if soon, many business start screening and refusing customers for failing their ideological purity tests.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, BaleMaster and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Wed May 24, 2023 10:18 am

But it's true. Like it or not, Christianity, the church and the bible was very much used as part of world colonization, just as it was used in Rome. Politics and religion once went hand in glove. Just facts. Very much so. It's just part of history. I don't know why Bandcamp would be sticking that on their front page though against Christian bands. If anything the worst religion of them in this day and age is Islam. Don't need to look far to find that out for yourself.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Wed May 24, 2023 10:30 am

Guenther321 wrote:
CrimsonWarrior wrote:https://daily.bandcamp.com/resonance/the-mountain-goats-romans-10-9-essay

I rarely pay any attention to the front page, but when I saw a Bible verse mentioned, I knew I had to take a look.

The article equates evangelism with colonialism, among many other completely ridiculous statements.

We should all only buy from this site on Bandcamp Fridays, where all money goes to the artist and none to the people who run this site and their woke, anti-God agenda.
Not all evangelism is colonialism (obviously), but much of colonialism did use Christianity to help subjugate and destroy indigenous culture.  Look at the schools for native Americans in the U.S. and Canada.  Wasn't it just a few years ago that they found a large unmarked mass grave for native children?  

Now that I've opened a can of worms today, I'm going to bed.
That's exactly right. Nothing woke about facts. But what bandcamp are doing is virtue signalling, unfortunately everyone is doing it these days, and that is the woke part.  Christian bands are harmless so what gives... and I'd almost go so far to say ineffective as far as spreading the gospel goes, the only people that listen to it is you guys. Just a another virtual signalling green light.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Wed May 24, 2023 12:09 pm

Guenther321 wrote:
Not all evangelism is colonialism (obviously), but much of colonialism did use Christianity to help subjugate and destroy indigenous culture.  Look at the schools for native Americans in the U.S. and Canada.  Wasn't it just a few years ago that they found a large unmarked mass grave for native children? 

Turns out there's little gravitas to this story with no bodies being recovered. And the bodies that were recovered dying "from colonialism" at other Canadian grave sites actually died from Spanish Flu:

https://nypost.com/2022/05/27/kamloops-mass-grave-debunked-biggest-fake-news-in-canada/
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

MagnusPrime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Wed May 24, 2023 4:15 pm

Dustofyears wrote:Christian bands are harmless so what gives... and I'd almost go so far to say ineffective as far as spreading the gospel goes, the only people that listen to it is you guys.

I think there are people that aren't "you guys" that listen to "Christian" metal but, I would concur, mostly ineffective...
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Dustofyears likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guenther321 Wed May 24, 2023 5:22 pm

Superjuice wrote:
Guenther321 wrote:

Turns out there's little gravitas to this story with no bodies being recovered. And the bodies that were recovered dying "from colonialism" at other Canadian grave sites actually died from Spanish Flu:

https://nypost.com/2022/05/27/kamloops-mass-grave-debunked-biggest-fake-news-in-canada/
I'll have to check that out later, but colonialism is taking land from natives because 'we' can.  The trail of tears and small pox blankets fit colonialism.

Guenther321
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Dustofyears likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Wed May 24, 2023 5:38 pm

Guenther321 wrote:

Not all evangelism is colonialism (obviously), but much of colonialism did use Christianity to help subjugate and destroy indigenous culture. 

Just like globalists are using Marxism to subjugate and destroy Western culture/Christian values.
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Constantine, BaleMaster and scottmitchell74 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed May 24, 2023 6:21 pm

Guenther321 wrote:
Superjuice wrote:
Guenther321 wrote:

I'll have to check that out later, but colonialism is taking land from natives because 'we' can.  The trail of tears and small pox blankets fit colonialism.
not to justify it but this is literally the history of the whole world, even the people who were here before the Europeans were doing it to each other while completely offing other groups.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Staybrite, Constantine, MagnusPrime and scottmitchell74 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed May 24, 2023 6:55 pm

Maybe it’s better to just put off buying anything during “pride month”. If enough of us withhold our money, it may send a message. A gradual decline in sales that month would be the goal. If only a complete devastating boycott were possible… like the very effective Bud Lite backlash.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Staybrite, CrimsonWarrior, Pethead, BaleMaster and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed May 24, 2023 6:59 pm

If I can’t buy what I need from a non-woke company during “pride” month… I’ll just do without for that month. I know Amazon will be the hardest to avoid, because I buy more than just music there.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Kerrick, CrimsonWarrior, Pethead and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Wed May 24, 2023 10:17 pm

crucifyd wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:Christian bands are harmless so what gives... and I'd almost go so far to say ineffective as far as spreading the gospel goes, the only people that listen to it is you guys.

I think there are people that aren't "you guys" that listen to "Christian" metal but, I would concur, mostly ineffective...
Yeah true. I'm one of those, but was a christian so kinda doesn't count. But there will be a handful maybe out there. But yeah, ineffective as far as promoting a belief or anything else. It's just music, and some good music. So Bandcamp is just another company doing the usual virtual signalling. Like trying to force rugby players to wear rainbows on their shirts. The don't care at all bout any of it but believe it's good for business. Virtual signalling is all the rage in these current days of our lives.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Wed May 24, 2023 10:27 pm

Black Rider wrote:
Guenther321 wrote:
Superjuice wrote:
Guenther321 wrote:

not to justify it but this is literally the history of the whole world, even the people who were here before the Europeans were doing it to each other while completely offing other groups.
It's nothing like that at all. Colonialism was about world wide conquest. And Christianity was massively used as part of that agenda. Mass hypnosis through religion you might say. And that's why it is so entrenched in the world today, though it is losing it's grip surely but slowly.  Sorry if truth hurts your feelings and all, but them the facts. Soldiers with guns and missionaries with bibles.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed May 24, 2023 10:47 pm

Cultures have been doing world conquest since recorded history, before ther even was Christianity.. Your anger towards Christianity is coloring your view. So tell me, which country without much or any Christian influence do you want to move to.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Staybrite, Andreas89, MagnusPrime and scottmitchell74 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Wed May 24, 2023 10:51 pm

Dude not like Colonialism... not on that mass scale... It's got nothing to do with my hate towards Religion, but because Christianity is so dear to you, you can't accept facts that Christianity and religion has been used for dark purposes. I'm just saying like it is, no lenses over my eyes just the plain facts here. Personal feelings aside, everything I have stated is fact.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Wed May 24, 2023 11:38 pm

Dustofyears wrote:Dude not like Colonialism... not on that mass scale... It's got nothing to do with my hate towards Religion, but because Christianity is so dear to you, you can't accept facts that Christianity and religion has been used for dark purposes. I'm just saying like it is, no lenses over my eyes just the plain facts here. Personal feelings aside, everything I have stated is fact.

It's not that what you're saying isn't factual to an extent. 

It's that there is a growing number of people who delight in rubbing people's noses in things from the past. Admonishing (and sometimes outright attacking) them for something that they had nothing to do with. All for the socially divisive "benefit" of people who never experienced the wrongs.

Some people act like this (USA) is the only country to EVER have a history filled with bloodshed and tragedy. They have been WOEFULLY misled.
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears and scottmitchell74 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Thu May 25, 2023 12:17 am

MagnusPrime wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:Dude not like Colonialism... not on that mass scale... It's got nothing to do with my hate towards Religion, but because Christianity is so dear to you, you can't accept facts that Christianity and religion has been used for dark purposes. I'm just saying like it is, no lenses over my eyes just the plain facts here. Personal feelings aside, everything I have stated is fact.

It's not that what you're saying isn't factual to an extent. 

It's that there is a growing number of people who delight in rubbing people's noses in things from the past. Admonishing (and sometimes outright attacking) them for something that they had nothing to do with. All for the socially divisive "benefit" of people who never experienced the wrongs.

Some people act like this (USA) is the only country to EVER have a history filled with bloodshed and tragedy. They have been WOEFULLY misled.
Woefully misled is believing it just happened in the good ol' US of A. Sometimes I think Americans think they are the only place on the planet! It was a world wide conquest... but I get the rubbing peoples nose in it, absolutely. I hate that too. I also hate this woke generation. Sometimes though on the flip side facts get lumped in with the woke conversation, because it's "convenient" for personal and awkward reasons. Colonialism has it's own title for a reason. There was no colonialism before colonialism, unless I missed the memo...

Yep there were conquests and tribal battles and wars and other bits of neat savagery as has been since forever, humans are stupid greedy selfish creatures and "ultimately" belligerent and violent beings underneath the "civilized" sheen and society we've learned to live in. Strip that away and you'll see the HATE.

Also "What'ism"— what about this and what about that— is just another way to avoid the conversation, the go to straw-man when you've got nothing more to say.

Naturally for Christians this topic will hit closer to home. It's just better to accept it happened and Christianity had a huge part to play in that. Again, soldiers with guns and missionaries with bibles. Peace and the sword. Always the way.

Last edited by Dustofyears on Thu May 25, 2023 8:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu May 25, 2023 8:04 am

Not like colonialism? Never heard of Alexander the Great? Or Rome? Or Ghengis Khan? They were limited by their ability to travel but world domination was the goal. You just like to be obtuse.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

MagnusPrime and scottmitchell74 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by scottmitchell74 Thu May 25, 2023 8:12 am

Black Rider wrote:So tell me, which country without much or any Christian influence do you want to move to.

This question gets crickets a really really high % of the time.
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

MagnusPrime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Thu May 25, 2023 8:13 am

What on earth does Colonialism have anything to do with this topic?  

This form of social dementia time travel is one of the main cogs of the wokeism machine. You know... living people that didn't do it and don't claim themselves as it, but since they look like their ancestors and still use some of the same culture/beliefs, they must publicly kiss the ring of cultural climate to deem it amoral, or else they're practically guilty of it.  (and still be a soft-guilty even if there's groveling)

Its as currently relevant as pinning Christians down "say uncle" style until they concede animal cruelty is bad, because folks were sacrificing them in the old testament.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Andreas89, MagnusPrime and scottmitchell74 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Thu May 25, 2023 8:14 am

Black Rider wrote:Not like colonialism? Never heard of Alexander the Great? Or Rome? Or Ghengis Khan? They were limited by their ability to travel but world domination was the goal. You just like to be obtuse.
Nope. Not on the same scale at all. Though Rome did the same thing and used religion in much the same manner, tied in with politics. Sorry to hurt your precious feelings and you can name call all you like, but colonialism was entrenched in literature, business, politics, the crown, the public services, status, and especially through the church! Again Sorry to hurt your precious feelings, but facts are facts. Religion has been used time and time again for dark deeds. Darkness is best hidden in the light.

Last edited by Dustofyears on Thu May 25, 2023 8:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Thu May 25, 2023 8:16 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Black Rider wrote:So tell me, which country without much or any Christian influence do you want to move to.

This question gets crickets a really really high % of the time.
Nope. Chrisitnaty is not needed at all. Religion is not needed.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu May 25, 2023 8:20 am

Atheist killed up to 250 million in the last 100 years, non combatants, you have fun with that.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Andreas89, Pethead, MagnusPrime and scottmitchell74 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Thu May 25, 2023 8:30 am

Dude honestly...
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu May 25, 2023 8:36 am

People are going to find out, even guys like Dawkins talks about the benefits of Christianity even though he's an atheist. Without it people are savages.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Dustofyears, MagnusPrime and scottmitchell74 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next