The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are the most ridiculous prices you have seen?

+6
Opeth3232
Pro-Zak
Pershing1134
Staybrite
Kerrick
MikeInFla
10 posters

Go down

What are the most ridiculous prices you have seen? Empty What are the most ridiculous prices you have seen?

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:20 pm

I think $139 for Rage of Angels is pretty whacked....

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F192483267874

What are some others?

Back to top Go down

What are the most ridiculous prices you have seen? Empty Re: What are the most ridiculous prices you have seen?

Post by MikeInFla Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:42 pm

One time I saw Bloodgood Detonation on Amazon for $1,000. It was the Intense Millennium reissue. The one they have on there now is $61 which is still way too much.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

What are the most ridiculous prices you have seen? Empty Re: What are the most ridiculous prices you have seen?

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:18 pm

MikeInFla wrote:One time I saw Bloodgood Detonation on Amazon for $1,000. It was the Intense Millennium reissue. The one they have on there now is $61 which is still way too much.

Well, in the defense of the seller on that one, Amazon has this weird auto price feature that re-adjusts the listing based upon inventory on Amazon..there have been some outrages prices on Amazon due to that not working right (and the seller had nothing to do with it)..

Though you do have overly greedy seller now and then too

http://www.michaeleisen.org/blog/?p=358

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/15/technology/amazon-used-paperback-book-pricing.html 

http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/web/04/25/amazon.price.algorithm/index.html

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/forums/t/why-do-some-sellers-charge-impossibly-high-prices/274968

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:20 pm

^Is that even for private sellers' products?  I saw a copy (CD) of Forsaken - Evermore for $2k on Amazon but it was from a private seller...  Yikes, I'm glad I got that CD when I did!  Although now it's on there for $37 haha.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:20 pm

I walked into a used store in Tacoma once and they had a used copy Bloodgood's "All Stand Together" for $40.  This was probably 10-12 years ago, I had recently bought it used from one of the old defunct online distros (probably Rad Rockers or Blast Beast) for something like $8.  I remember thinking there was no way someone was going to pay $40 for a cd they can get used for less than $10.
Probably not the worst one I've seen, but I always seem to remember that one.

Heck some people are still trying to get stupid money for it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B01KB1VCZO/ref=tmm_acd_new_olp_sr?ie=UTF8&condition=new&qid=1550006264&sr=8-2
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:21 pm

Oh and someone here posted a handful of quite rare Christian black and death metal albums on eBay and Frosthardr's Necrodisaster demo sold for $200 I believe (!!!).

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:25 pm

Kerrick wrote:^Is that even for private sellers' products?  I saw a copy (CD) of Forsaken - Evermore for $2k on Amazon but it was from a private seller...  Yikes, I'm glad I got that CD when I did!  Although now it's on there for $37 haha.

The Rage of Angels one is for sale from Dead Parrot Records..they have been around for a while...

Not sure about the Amazon one .. but like I said..could have been Amazon's fault (or the fault of 3rd party inventory manager software)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:27 pm

Kerrick wrote:Oh and someone here posted a handful of quite rare Christian black and death metal albums on eBay and Frosthardr's Necrodisaster demo sold for $200 I believe (!!!).

I think my max paid ever was $40

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:57 pm

^I paid $40 (I think...) for Place Of Skulls - Love Through Blood EP.  Shortly thereafter it got re-released so oh well, I could've saved some $$$.  I believe that's the highest I've ever paid for a CD except for Kauan's "private release" preorder.  The original plan was that they'd make these custom releases with reworked versions of your favorite songs of theirs in a special packaging and a bunch of extras, custom-made just for you.  But then the sound engineer ended up allegedly stealing all the money so everyone got the same songs.  It still came in a very nice, fancy wooden box with some bonus material and whatnot, but with shipping from Ukraine, I think it ended up being like $70.   affraid

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing1134 Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:45 pm

One time I remember an original Emerald "Armed for battle" LP sold for over $600. Value is in the eye of the beholder...
Pershing1134
Pershing1134
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:02 pm

Kerrick wrote:The original plan was that they'd make these custom releases with reworked versions of your favorite songs of theirs in a special packaging and a bunch of extras, custom-made just for you.  

Wow....that is actually a really cool idea!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:13 pm

Amazon sellers have some of the most over the top prices I have ever seen!  affraid One wonders if this is in error, or are they simply waiting for that special one who is born every minute...
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:35 pm

Bought4Life wrote:
Kerrick wrote:The original plan was that they'd make these custom releases with reworked versions of your favorite songs of theirs in a special packaging and a bunch of extras, custom-made just for you.  

Wow....that is actually a really cool idea!

Yeah it would've been quite cool, and what I ended up with is really neat too - but $70 is quite a stretch...

Sabbatharian wrote:Amazon sellers have some of the most over the top prices I have ever seen!  affraid  One wonders if this is in error, or are they simply waiting for that special one who is born every minute...

I suspect the latter personally... but who knows, probably some of both I guess.  I've also got a few super good deals from private sellers.  I think I bought Lengsel - Solace and Last Chapter - The Living Waters each for less than $1 (plus shipping), brand new/sealed from Amazon private sellers.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:58 pm

For sure, I've gotten great deals there as well, just when you scroll all the way down some of those prices just blow your mind. What would even be more mind blowing is if anyone actually paid that kind of scratch for an album!
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Opeth3232 Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:13 am

Bloodgoods ST orginal vinyl album went for 500 plus at Raven records in San Jose I was just floored. But collectors see money in that and as long as people are willing to pay it out it will never stop. If a cd or Lp goes over 20 or some used store is selling it for more than that sorry the band or collector wont get a dime out of my wallet. It better be some very good music lol
Opeth3232
Opeth3232
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:49 am

Amazon must have some policy where sellers can list a price on there forever and not have to pay anything to advertise.  They're clearly not priced to sell, and it seems to cost the sellers nothing to post these absurd prices.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:26 pm

Back around 2002-2003 when eBay mania for CDs was in full swing and downloading didn't really exist, I sold bootleg Evanescence demo CD-Rs for $500-1000 each.  One or two a month for about a year.  Seriously.  And there were a lot of other bootlegs on eBay that went for those prices at that time too.  The collector economy was never healthier.

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:47 am

strangerhoncho wrote:Back around 2002-2003 when eBay mania for CDs was in full swing and downloading didn't really exist, I sold bootleg Evanescence demo CD-Rs for $500-1000 each.  One or two a month for about a year.  Seriously.  And there were a lot of other bootlegs on eBay that went for those prices at that time too.  The collector economy was never healthier.

Ahhhh...the good old days of eBay...

I made a killing off selling hairmetal cds and also off selling celebrity 8x10 photos (before the internet got "bigger" and you could buy them from anywhere)

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:27 pm

strangerhoncho wrote:Back around 2002-2003 when eBay mania for CDs was in full swing and downloading didn't really exist, I sold bootleg Evanescence demo CD-Rs for $500-1000 each.  One or two a month for about a year.  Seriously.  And there were a lot of other bootlegs on eBay that went for those prices at that time too.  The collector economy was never healthier.

Ha!  That's insane!
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:11 am

Temple of Blood wrote:Amazon must have some policy where sellers can list a price on there forever and not have to pay anything to advertise.  They're clearly not priced to sell, and it seems to cost the sellers nothing to post these absurd prices.
Here is a good example. LOL, even Randy is shaking his head https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B002UTNK7Y/?colid=30EOPPJKKTSFU&coliid=I2QIOIJPV82NME&ref_=lv_ov_lig_uan_ol&fbclid=IwAR2cH14Mutsu26uIckDHXZ1m2xLxkwGIEqXdf_okTNmz1z4V9ntRXcwikGw
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:22 am

oldschooldoom wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:Amazon must have some policy where sellers can list a price on there forever and not have to pay anything to advertise.  They're clearly not priced to sell, and it seems to cost the sellers nothing to post these absurd prices.
Here is a good example. LOL, even Randy is shaking his head https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B002UTNK7Y/?colid=30EOPPJKKTSFU&coliid=I2QIOIJPV82NME&ref_=lv_ov_lig_uan_ol&fbclid=IwAR2cH14Mutsu26uIckDHXZ1m2xLxkwGIEqXdf_okTNmz1z4V9ntRXcwikGw

Wow..the $300 one is a bargain compared to the one for $544 Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:36 pm

Bought4Life wrote:
oldschooldoom wrote:

Wow..the $300 one is a bargain compared to the one for $544 Razz
Funny.  The sales ranking on that one is over 3 million, which means historically a single copy sells maybe every 3 years or more.  But I'm sure not at that price point.

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:44 pm

crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down