The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

anybody remember the article on Christian metal in a guitar magazine in early 90s?

4 posters

Go down

anybody remember the article on Christian metal in a guitar magazine in early 90s? Empty anybody remember the article on Christian metal in a guitar magazine in early 90s?

Post by strangerhoncho Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:43 pm

I remember when I was in high school, around '91-'93, there was an article in one of my buddy's guitar magazines on Christian metal.  Featuring Believer, Tourniquet, and maybe Deliverance, The Crucified, or Mortification, from what I can remember.  Anybody know what magazine and issue that was?

strangerhoncho
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

anybody remember the article on Christian metal in a guitar magazine in early 90s? Empty Re: anybody remember the article on Christian metal in a guitar magazine in early 90s?

Post by elManique Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:06 am

From the sounds of it you're talking about the August 1993 issue of Guitar World?

I know because a couple of years ago I threw out most of my old magazines, and it turns out this is one I kept Smile   The bands were The Crucified, Tourniquet and Mortification.

http://backissues.com/issue/Guitar-World-August-1993

anybody remember the article on Christian metal in a guitar magazine in early 90s? GTWR199308
elManique
elManique
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

anybody remember the article on Christian metal in a guitar magazine in early 90s? Empty Re: anybody remember the article on Christian metal in a guitar magazine in early 90s?

Post by strangerhoncho Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:31 pm

Hmm, maybe.  I'd love to have that one, either way (thanks for PM'ing me).  I was already in college then and I distinctly remember reading it in my buddy's bedroom in high school, but maybe that was during a winter break or something when we were back home from college.

strangerhoncho
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:47 pm

i remember the issue but that cover doesn't ring a bell...

I believe this picture was in the article:

anybody remember the article on Christian metal in a guitar magazine in early 90s? Crucified_greg
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:00 pm

crucifyd wrote:i remember the issue but that cover doesn't ring a bell...

I believe this picture was in the article:

anybody remember the article on Christian metal in a guitar magazine in early 90s? Crucified_greg
They had a pic of Ult's page in the article? Thats pretty amazing, considering that site wasnt even around in 1993!

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by elManique Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:57 am

Yes that's the main picture in the article.  You can see the front page says "Christian Death Metal".   If anyone is interested in a scan of the article PM me.  Mods, happy to remove this offer if it breaches forum rules.
elManique
elManique
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down