The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Temple of Blood - Overlord (REMASTERED and greatly improved!) thrash/power/speed metal

+15
BaleMaster
Constantine
jeffcorpse
Ammocas
My Awesome Timothy
Louder
average joe
mr.electric40
Opeth3232
cailen
Frozen Fire
strangerhoncho
mothy
Black Rider
Temple of Blood
19 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Temple of Blood - Overlord (REMASTERED and greatly improved!)  thrash/power/speed metal - Page 4 Empty Re: Temple of Blood - Overlord (REMASTERED and greatly improved!) thrash/power/speed metal

Post by Temple of Blood Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:15 pm

Constantine wrote:Sorry to hear that Bandcamp is giving a hard time.  
I always had the impression that they were one of the better platforms for artists out there.

It's fine but it tried to push you towards giving all your music away for people to hear as many times as they want.  They say it's only 3 times (still too many) but it just pops up a warning after 3 times and lets you keep listening.

If you try to go against the grain the Bandcamp platform works against you, but it's great for what it is.

Unlike a lot of artists nowadays I just refuse to give away my entire album for free.  Takes WAY too much money and work for me to treat it like that.  A song or three, fine, but not all of it.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Temple of Blood - Overlord (REMASTERED and greatly improved!)  thrash/power/speed metal - Page 4 Empty Re: Temple of Blood - Overlord (REMASTERED and greatly improved!) thrash/power/speed metal

Post by mr.electric40 Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:02 pm

I just ordered mine...
mr.electric40
mr.electric40
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:16 pm

mr.electric40 wrote:I just ordered mine...

Great!  Let me know what you think when you get it.  

Thanks for the support!
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by mr.electric40 Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:59 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
mr.electric40 wrote:I just ordered mine...

Great!  Let me know what you think when you get it.  

Thanks for the support!

This album is AMAZING!!!  I have two copies of the original version... One I bought online and one I found used in our local shop for a ridiculously low amount and just couldnt leave it... LOL

Now being able to hear everything I LOVE THIS!!! absolutely underated... Now I need to find the other album you folks released...
mr.electric40
mr.electric40
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:49 am

mr.electric40 wrote:

This album is AMAZING!!!  I have two copies of the original version... One I bought online and one I found used in our local shop for a ridiculously low amount and just couldnt leave it... LOL

Now being able to hear everything I LOVE THIS!!! absolutely underated... Now I need to find the other album you folks released...

Thank you very much!  It's encouragement like this that really lights a fire under me and gets me working on new material.

There should be some distros that still have some copies of Prepare, for the time being.  If you feel like making a Top 10 video for ToB that would be awesome too!
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:57 am

Still trying hard to get our new album "A Show of Force" released by the end of the year.

Drums have been recorded by Scott Fuller (MORBID ANGEL). They sound AMAZING!!!

Trying to finish up the rhythm guitars now.

Andre' Corbin (ex-HELSTAR) will be recording solos. He hasn't been heard since their masterpiece "Nosferatu".

Album will be mixed by Tom Morris (Sepultura, Coroner, Iced Earth, Savatage, Kreator, Morbid Angel, etc. etc. etc.)
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

cailen, TZ75 and Constantine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by cailen Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:25 am

WoW! Great news.

Sounds very promising.

I got your first two excellent albums and am looking very forward to this.
cailen
cailen
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Temple of Blood likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:08 pm

cailen wrote:WoW! Great news.

Sounds very promising.

I got your first two excellent albums and am looking very forward to this.

Thanks cailen!  I really appreciate your support over the years!
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:15 pm

Sweet man! Hope those vocals are up in the mix and can’t wait to hear the approach this time. I know it will shred musically!

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:48 pm

I've been listening to this the last week. Wow, fantastic music, Temple of Blood! Angelic Warlord gave you an incredible review! I've been really enjoying it!
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:53 pm

Sevenoneself wrote:I've been listening to this the last week. Wow, fantastic music, Temple of Blood! Angelic Warlord gave you an incredible review! I've been really enjoying it!

Thanks man!  I really appreciate it.

I was recording some vocals for 2 new songs today.  Can't wait to get these new songs out there!  I do think in many ways we've topped out previous album with this new release.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:12 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Sevenoneself wrote:I've been listening to this the last week. Wow, fantastic music, Temple of Blood! Angelic Warlord gave you an incredible review! I've been really enjoying it!

Thanks man!  I really appreciate it.

I was recording some vocals for 2 new songs today.  Can't wait to get these new songs out there!  I do think in many ways we've topped out previous album with this new release.

Can you give me the 2-3 paragraph description of your recording process? Are you in a pro studio, a home studio, or a bedroom? Do you mix and record yourself, or have an engineer? I'm interested to know how other people are making their VERY professional sounding music.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:16 pm

Wait until you hear his next album with the yodeling.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:36 pm

No problem.  Feel free to ask any question you like.

Drums were recorded by Scott Fuller (MORBID ANGEL) in his own studio.  

I'm recording my guitars and vocals at home on my wife's MacBook using ProTools.  This is my first album doing this as I had always gone to a "real studio" before but they're pretty much all gone now, at least in our area.  I don't have a "home studio" just a small recording set up.

Our bassist used an engineer to record his tracks on the engineer's laptop.

The other lead guitarist recorded his tracks at home and sent them to me (from France).

I'm always looking for ways to improve our recording process and would like to make our albums more "analog" in the future, and emulate the process that older classic albums were created.

I'm looking at hiring a producer/advisor to review our demos for our next (4th) album in the future.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:39 pm

That's so fascinating. Thanks for taking time to tell me this. It blows my mind, still, how musicians from all over the globe can share music with each other and it sounds like a cohesive song!

Couple more questions.
Have you recouped the cost of recording the first two albums, or is this a labour of love?  Temple of Blood - Overlord (REMASTERED and greatly improved!)  thrash/power/speed metal - Page 4 1f60f 

When you play live, do you have bandmates closer to you to play with? I watched a few of your live videos, and you didn't have the lead guitarist, but you did have a great drummer!
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:25 pm

Yeah, this lead guitarist we used really "gets" our style, and it worked out great.  Since he recorded we have a new local lead guitarist who is amazing who we'll use on album #4, Lord willing.

Yes, we've definitely recouped our money spent from recording the 1st two albums.  The first album was recorded on the cheap, pretty much live.  The second I spent a small fortune on, at least in my book (maybe 7-8K).  Both have been repressed and sold digitally and I'm all sold out of both so we recouped our money quite a while ago.

I hope we can break even on this new one so I can continue making music in the future, but I haven't released music in a long while (since 2010) so I don't know how much of an appetite there is for this music especially because there are about 1000 generic thrash albums released every year clogging up the market these days.

Thanks for the compliments.  We played live as a 3 piece for a while, and I had to learn the other guitarist's solos, which was a challenge but fun and really helped me "level-up" as a player.  Our original drummer is back playing shows with us but is too busy with his other bands to commit to us full-time anymore.  We have a new drummer named Bryan Arant
who will be recording live with us (check him out below).

Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:12 pm

Sweet drumming!! You're fortunate to have him! Out here in rural Saskatchewan I do not run into many drummers who can do that. Our family just acquired a double-kick pedal for our drumset and so I'm starting to play around with it. But I'm 40 with a busy family and I'm not learning a whole lot of new musical skills anymore! I'll try to learn a few flutters and short spurts of 16th notes, but I will always adore drummers who can do what yours can.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:32 am

Yes, I'm very blessed to have him and the other guys.  I've always really worked hard to find, recruit, and keep band members, and it is not easy when no one is getting paid.

I'm 47 with 3 young kids (9, 8, and 6)  and busy as well.  Don't let that stop you!  I'm always working and improving as a musician.  I sacrifice video games, reading, watching streaming shows, catching up on the latest shows, watching sports, and sometimes hanging with friends to make it all happen!  I am inspired by other musicians I know who are even more productive than me.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:51 am

Temple of Blood wrote:Yes, I'm very blessed to have him and the other guys.  I've always really worked hard to find, recruit, and keep band members, and it is not easy when no one is getting paid.

I'm 47 with 3 young kids (9, 8, and 6)  and busy as well.  Don't let that stop you!  I'm always working and improving as a musician.  I sacrifice video games, reading, watching streaming shows, catching up on the latest shows, watching sports, and sometimes hanging with friends to make it all happen!  I am inspired by other musicians I know who are even more productive than me.

Good for you, man! That's encouraging and inspiring and exhorting to me! In earlier years I sacrificed, but the last few years I have not. It may be time...

My kids are getting older (18,16,14,11) and so I actually have free time than when they were younger/in diapers. I do play music with all of them, but that's mostly in church. Thanks for the "kick in the pants"!
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:56 pm

In a sense, the original Overlord recording is kinda cool because it’s almost like a instrumental album (the vocals are very buried).
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:07 am

I have an instrumental version of all the Overlord songs and I'm tempted to re-record the vocals and guitar solos one day.

But I probably never will.  It's better to just move forward, especially when time is scarce.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:11 am

ToB, would you ever release the instrumental version?
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

TZ75 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:53 am

crucifyd wrote:ToB, would you ever release the instrumental version?

Why?

Do people buy these?

I know Tourniquet sell them, and Dream Theater do, but I don't know how popular they are.

On the original released version, the vocals were a bit low in the mix anyway.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:00 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

Why?

Do people buy these?

I know Tourniquet sell them, and Dream Theater do, but I don't know how popular they are.

On the original released version, the vocals were a bit low in the mix anyway.
I bought the Tourniquet one, but I never listen to it. I don't really go for instrumental albums.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Temple of Blood and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:21 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

Do people buy these?

I don't know if people do, but I do...   ; )
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Temple of Blood, Pethead, TZ75 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next