The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

STRYPER COMING TO AN END?

+9
TheOldMan2084
JPK72
alldatndensum
Staybrite
Throne of thorns
Hardcore Christian
Professor_Valconian
deathisgain
Soldier777
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

STRYPER COMING TO AN END? - Page 2 Empty Re: STRYPER COMING TO AN END?

Post by Staybrite Mon May 16, 2016 3:31 pm

Savage Amusement wrote:Thats probably true..look at the Kiss album "creatures of The Night"...Ace is credited and on the cover but had already left the band..Vinnie Vincent is the real guitarist on the album plus I see in the credits the solos were all guest guitarist..

Sometimes they don't even list the guest musicians.  I can't remember what band it was but they had something on their album to the effect of "Drums by Bobby Boxer"....when the drums were really recorded by a relatively famous drummer who was in another band with a record contract....legally he wasn't allowed to do any recording that wasn't under control of the record company he was under contract with.  So he just recorded for the other band under a pseudonym and basically just thumbed his nose at the record company.  Wouldn't surprise me if that kind of stuff went on all the time.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Mon May 16, 2016 8:25 pm

I really, really doubt Mike writes and teaches Oz his solos. They have completely different styles of solos. I can almost always tell who's doing each solo by how it sounds. Plus, if Oz's solos were written by Mike, why do Oz's solos on the Bloodgood album sound very similar to his solos in Stryper?
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Tue May 17, 2016 11:17 am

Savage Amusement wrote:
I mean the guy writes it all, records it all, tells each member what to play (including guitar solos note for note), manages it all and has made it clear he is the talent in the band..  Rolling Eyes
Proof?
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Tue May 17, 2016 1:38 pm

I haven't looked at the credits on the Bloodgood Dangerously Close CD in a while, but I think Paul Jackson plays most of the leads and solos.  Oz plays alot of the rhythm guitar.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Wed May 18, 2016 5:27 am

Soldier777 wrote:I haven't looked at the credits on the Bloodgood Dangerously Close CD in a while, but I think Paul Jackson plays most of the leads and solos.  Oz plays alot of the rhythm guitar.

Paul plays most, not all of the solos. Oz has several.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed May 18, 2016 7:19 am

Follower of Jesus wrote:
Soldier777 wrote:I haven't looked at the credits on the Bloodgood Dangerously Close CD in a while, but I think Paul Jackson plays most of the leads and solos.  Oz plays alot of the rhythm guitar.

Paul plays most, not all of the solos. Oz has several.

Even without looking at the inserts, you can tell that Oz plays some of the solos.  His playing style and tone shine through on those tracks.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 21, 2016 6:53 pm

Justy FYI, I took a look at the inserts and here are the solos Oz Played in Bloodgood's Dangerously Close album:

CHild on Earth
Bread Alone
Run the Race (1st lead - along with Paul)
Father Father(2nd lead - along with Paul)
Man in the Middle (2nd lead - along with Paul)

I guess he can play solos, however he didn't play many on this album because he is a busy guy, always touring with Stryper.

On more information, once Michael Sweet stopped by and said something like: "If you are a die hard fan, you should notice the difference of my solos and Oz solos".
So, he meant that they have their own caracteristics while playing, so I doubt he teachs Oz all of his solos.

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun May 22, 2016 4:21 pm

You can tell a difference in their playing.  Also, even in the mix, you can tell who is playing what.  Michael's solos are usually a bit more in the left channel and Oz's in the right.  Even on stage, that is where the stand in relation to one another if you are in the crowd looking at them.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mang67 Sun May 29, 2016 12:18 pm

No Pacific North West dates. Perhaps I'll have to wait for other tours. Stryper will be around for years.
Mang67
Mang67
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sun May 29, 2016 3:45 pm

Mang67 wrote:No Pacific North West dates. Perhaps I'll have to wait for other tours.  Stryper will be around for years.
IKR! I wish they would at least come to Seattle!

If they came here to Spokane they could easily play the arena here!

Come on Michael show the PNW some love Smile
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by godsrocker1970 Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:22 pm

Styper was not ground breaking by no means. Daniel band, Jerusalem, Ressurection Band, Leviticus, Saint to name but a few were already breaking ground, but Stryper did throw the doors wide open for Christian metal to be more widely accepted and known.

godsrocker1970
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:35 pm

That's a bold statement godsrocker. Stryper brought Christian metal to the mainstream and was signed by a secular label. 2/3 of their albums were brought by nonchristians. I don't think other Christian bands has that same success from non Christians.  I don't want to start a debate, but I think that if Stryper weren't around or started out different or were signed to a christian label, I think another band would of had the same or almost the same success  However, it may of happened a year or 2 later an 1983/84. Other bands were canidates to be more successful than they were like Guardian, Holy Soldier, etc.

Last edited by Soldier777 on Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by godsrocker1970 Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:13 pm

I agree. Christian labels did not have the audience of secular. Maybe if Barren Cross got signed earlier by Enigma records Atomic Arena was their break out album. As it was took Stryper a few years before they did. Took their 3rd album before success. No matter some great bands from that era. I miss discovering a new demo or band or a new album oh the anticipation of popping in that cassette for the first time not knowing whether it was listening, cranking it up or eject quality.

godsrocker1970
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2