The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Mad At the World coming our way

+8
FreeRangeBeliever
Pershing1134
TheOldMan2084
Staybrite
eatbugs
timekeeper
alldatndensum
deathisgain
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New Mad At the World coming our way Empty New Mad At the World coming our way

Post by deathisgain Sun May 21, 2017 5:15 pm

Last week Randy Rose hinted at something when he posted "In the next week or so I will be "pre-launching" something that most of you thought would never happen again......"

Last night he posted this if you haven't heard:
"The Rumors Are True - Support Us On KickStarter Soon..."
New Mad At the World coming our way 18581624_1602526526443833_7067196184314969642_n

In a comment he said that it the first of a potential three record series New Mad At the World coming our way 1f642Smile
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

New Mad At the World coming our way Empty Re: New Mad At the World coming our way

Post by alldatndensum Sun May 21, 2017 11:03 pm

I hope that it isn't pure new wave like the first two albums.  I hope they bring a rock record even if it has other elements to it like Rose's new album does.  I would be quite happy with a rock project even if it isn't "Boomerang" or "Through The Forest".  I'd even be alright if it were a rock project like "Ferris Wheel".  It was eclectic, but that is still a good record.

If it is like "Dreamland Cafe", then I won't be excited at all.  Blah, blah, blah......
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

New Mad At the World coming our way Empty Re: New Mad At the World coming our way

Post by timekeeper Mon May 22, 2017 8:33 am

I'm excited either way - one of my favorites in the scene.
timekeeper
timekeeper
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Mon May 22, 2017 1:14 pm

I like the new wave minus the bogus British accent.  I may support this, unlike some band I know I will like I'm just not sure with this one.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Mon May 22, 2017 2:43 pm

I wasn't a big fan of their first two albums....or their last two either.  But I really liked their alt-rock period in the middle.  I would certainly be interested if the music will be in that vein.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TheOldMan2084 Mon May 22, 2017 6:28 pm

Very happy to hear them getting back together. I don't care whether it's the europop or rock. I hope I have some cash to back it!
TheOldMan2084
TheOldMan2084
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue May 23, 2017 7:19 am

Staybrite wrote:I wasn't a big fan of their first two albums....or their last two either.  But I really liked their alt-rock period in the middle.  I would certainly be interested if the music will be in that vein.

You didn't like "Ferris Wheel"?  There were some really good rockers on there.  What "Ferris Wheel" was is an alt-rock project mixed with the Beatles and some of their new wave sound, too.  I remastered this for my own collection and it shines.  While not as much of a favorite as "Boomerang", "Seasons Of Love", and "Through The Forest", I still spin this every time I play the others mentioned.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Tue May 23, 2017 3:32 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:I wasn't a big fan of their first two albums....or their last two either.  But I really liked their alt-rock period in the middle.  I would certainly be interested if the music will be in that vein.

You didn't like "Ferris Wheel"?  There were some really good rockers on there.  What "Ferris Wheel" was is an alt-rock project mixed with the Beatles and some of their new wave sound, too.  I remastered this for my own collection and it shines.  While not as much of a favorite as "Boomerang", "Seasons Of Love", and "Through The Forest", I still spin this every time I play the others mentioned.

I liked about half of "Ferris Wheel" and that was it.  But it still pales compared to "Boomerang" "Seasons" & "TTF".
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 23, 2017 9:31 pm

Really enjoy the two I have, Boomerang and Through The Forest. 

The new Rose is amazing as well. I'd be apt to support this.

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Tue May 23, 2017 9:35 pm

Randy posted this today.

I wanted to give you guys an update on our soon to be Mad at the world kickstarter campaign. Depending on your support M.A.T.W. will be releasing a series of 3 records spanning from the first release, a synth pop record along the lines of Depeche Mode/kraftwerk. pending the success of our first campaign the second release will cover the sound and influences of the next 2 M.A.T.W records. The third and final of the series (this will be the third campaign) will be an all out M.A.T.W. rock record. I've received a lot of messages over the past few years for a M.A.T.W reunion, a big percentage of our fans found us in the techno/synth realm, so thats where it will start again. For my fellow head bangers out there, you will need to support the first 2 in the series of 3, to get to that point. As you know my brother and in keeping with tradition of the first record will do this together, the song writing will be 50/50, we will collaborate, and sing and perform off each others music. With the proper support the next 2 campaigns will have some of the rest of our MATW member playing on it- which is awesome. What I didn't want to do is a MATW greatest's hit's record - we have all ready done that, we wanted to do something new, fresh, something unexpected thats what we used to be famous for. it took a lot of convincing to get Roger to want to do another MATW record, but I reminded him what it was like to record, and write together, and how the topics of suicide have actually sadly enough increased and the world that we wrote the early MATW songs in has changed drastically for the worse. So, it's the perfect time to be Mad At The World again. If Mad At The World has touched your life in any or all of the years we recorded records, then lets see what he have to say now - trust me we have a lot to sing about - Thanks Roger, and Randy Rose - Please Share This Everywhere.
deathisgain
deathisgain

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed May 24, 2017 7:11 am

And my interest is gone.  I don't want a synth-pop album from anyone and won't give to this.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing1134 Wed May 24, 2017 12:58 pm

Will consider supporting...just don't want to see only phase one happen, then it all fall apart.

Been burned before....
Pershing1134
Pershing1134
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Wed May 24, 2017 1:24 pm

Pershing1134 wrote:Will consider supporting...just don't want to see only phase one happen, then it all fall apart.

Good point.

Personally I like Flowers In the Rain and would support more music like this (finances allowing).  

So, what do people like alldat do who like some MATW phases but not others?

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed May 24, 2017 5:00 pm

Well, I am going to sit out the first couple.  Until they make an album in a style I am interested in, I don't feel I should throw my money behind it.  I owned the first two MATW albums and got rid of them as there were not enough songs on there I liked to warrant keeping them.  Thus, I don't need the first two albums Randy spoke of doing.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by FreeRangeBeliever Thu May 25, 2017 12:42 am

Well..I'm in the minority but i most want an album of them done in the early synth sound by them..The first 2 albums have plenty of great songs (except for the cheesy ballads)....Flowers in the Rain was a great mix of synth and rock in the Cult style).... Seasons of Love and Through the Forest also had some great songs...so an album in that style would be good too.
As I have always loved both metal and electronica since the 70s I'm a fan of both eras of MATW...I just didn't get into Ferris Wheel - that was painful
FreeRangeBeliever
FreeRangeBeliever
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Thu May 25, 2017 1:42 am

Kind of annoying to have to support the first one in order to get the 2nd one, but I guess it's smart on their part.  I can always sell it off on eBay later.  I'll do whatever it takes, just need some new rockin' MATW!

strangerhoncho
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu May 25, 2017 8:15 am

That is one thing that is bothering me about this and even more making me not want to get involved.

For my fellow head bangers out there, you will need to support the first 2 in the series of 3, to get to that point.

So they really expect us to support two projects we DON'T want to get the one we do.  Um......I don't think so.  Add to that the time that it took to get "Song For The Ritually Abused" out (months past the promised date) and some rewards (t-shirts) still haven't gone out, it could be 4-5 years before you ever see that rock project if then.  To me, this just seems like a bad business plan on their behalf.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Thu May 25, 2017 5:36 pm

alldatndensum wrote:Add to that the time that it took to get "Song For The Ritually Abused" out (months past the promised date) and some rewards (t-shirts) still haven't gone out, it could be 4-5 years before you ever see that rock project if then.  To me, this just seems like a bad business plan on their behalf.

Yup.  What Kickstarter-type album has ever been on time?

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:09 pm

Crazy.....  

Vinyl $25
Cd $16

Wait for it.....

Vinyl & Cd $75

mmmmmmm!!!! No, just NO!!!

Just ordered the vinyl on its own, looking forward to hearing some more Mad At The World!!!

Here is the link.....

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1260509704/mad-at-the-world-the-new-record?ref=project_share
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:47 am

eatbugs wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:Add to that the time that it took to get "Song For The Ritually Abused" out (months past the promised date) and some rewards (t-shirts) still haven't gone out, it could be 4-5 years before you ever see that rock project if then.  To me, this just seems like a bad business plan on their behalf.

John Schlitt
John Elefante
Bloodgood
Disciple

Those come to mind right off the top of my head.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:20 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
eatbugs wrote:

John Schlitt
John Elefante
Bloodgood
Disciple

Those come to mind right off the top of my head.

How many of those had the recording done before the crowdfunding started?  I believe Bloodgood and Disciple did (I recall Disciple calling the crowdfunding campaign a "preorder").  Demon Hunter was the same way.  Of the many I've personally supported only Demon Hunter and Disciple came on time.  This includes reissues where there was no studio time needed (77's).

I don't "like" crowdfunding either but I accept it as "the way it is" in the music business right now.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:13 pm

If enough fans start bailing out on it, then crowdfunding dies.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:09 pm

I didn't give to this campaign. Has there been updates on this?
deathisgain
deathisgain

Back to top Go down

Post by Tombie Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:53 pm

It just released last night: https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/madattheworld1
Tombie
Tombie
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.deadtoselfradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tombie Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:53 pm

It's not metal or even rock but I really enjoy it...
Tombie
Tombie
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.deadtoselfradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum