The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About Boone's Overstock, Brutal Planet Records, Non Christian Black Metal (and maybe more...)

+15
Luke Easter
KaramKaram
alldatndensum
Airola
Soldier777
StevenCressler
TZ75
Kerrick
deathisgain
MagnusPrime
mothy
Pethead
Follower of Jesus
CrimsonWarrior
Lex Metalis
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

About Boone's Overstock, Brutal Planet Records, Non Christian Black Metal (and maybe more...) - Page 2 Empty Re: About Boone's Overstock, Brutal Planet Records, Non Christian Black Metal (and maybe more...)

Post by TZ75 Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:54 pm

This false gospel woke agenda is sickening. 

If the guy ran a primarily secular business (with a few Christian albums mixed in) there would be no harm or foul… 

But when you are a professed Christian and you start selling satanic albums just to appear “open minded” or progressive, you need to ask yourself where you truly stand. It’s like a pastor handing out satanic bibles. I can’t believe how weak some so-called Christians are. What other religion is promoting their opposition? 

Like someone else said, secular albums are one thing… but blatant satanic albums are another.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, BaleMaster, MagnusPrime, scottmitchell74 and seth like this post

Back to top Go down

About Boone's Overstock, Brutal Planet Records, Non Christian Black Metal (and maybe more...) - Page 2 Empty Re: About Boone's Overstock, Brutal Planet Records, Non Christian Black Metal (and maybe more...)

Post by TZ75 Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:59 pm

I had forgotten about this thread until it just got bumped.

And I still feel the same as I did when I first posted!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:19 am

A lot of Christian metalheads seem to be way too tolerant of legitimately evil music, and put their musical taste over their moral convictions
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Temple of Blood, Pethead, MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:27 am

seth wrote:A lot of Christian metalheads seem to be way too tolerant of legitimately evil music, and put their musical taste over their moral convictions
I do agree overall, although I think we have to be careful mandating other’s convictions (Rom 14; 1 Cor 8 ).
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:34 am

I agree to a point, for example some people’s conscience is violated by listening to any secular music, but something like that falls into the “law of liberty” camp imo (i.e. follow your conscience but don’t try to force it on others). I do think there is a point however where a line is crossed. If a band blatantly glorifies Satan, I don’t see how it can be morally justified to support that band or fill your mind with their music
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, BaleMaster and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:36 am

Once again, I do agree in principle. It’s just hard to define where that line is. (For example, music that glorifies extramarital sex is just as rebellious against God as satanic music is).

I don’t have all the answers, in other words.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

BaleMaster, seth and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:31 am

All secular music has some sinful content. But satanic bands are blasphemous. I think that’s the main difference.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, BaleMaster and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:35 am

Van Halen and Whitesnake = sinful decadence 

Marduk and Behemoth = sin and ultra blasphemy
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, BaleMaster and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:47 am

If we cut out all secular music that flirts with violence and sexuality, that would pretty much eliminate almost everything. Even Rush had some occult stuff going on.  

For me the blasphemous content from satanic bands is more unbearable.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, BaleMaster, scottmitchell74 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:34 am

Well, the Bible sometimes uses blasphemy to refer to any idolatry (Ezek 20:27), so in that sense all unbelievers are blasphemers.

But I look at it this way: I wouldn’t be cool with someone verbally abusing my wife, so why would I be ok with someone doing the same to my God?
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Temple of Blood, BaleMaster, scottmitchell74, seth and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:43 pm

Maybe it’s just me… but I don’t feel spiritual darkness when I hear David Lee Roth or David Coverdale crooning about how attractive some women are (compared to a band telling me to turn my back on God). 

That’s where I’m at. I wouldn’t tell others to do exactly the same… but follow their own conscience. If any music actually causes someone to fall, then cut it out. 

But at the same time, you could listen to John Denver music and still be a degenerate.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:52 pm

I like Slayer. And I know their whole image was a gimmick… but I still use the skip button when needed. It’s very handy! Smile
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:53 pm

I would argue that it’s wise for Christians to avoid consuming any entertainment that glorifies sin. Because we are to fill our minds with that which is pure and good (Philippians 4:8 ). Think of it this way, i’m sure most of us would avoid listening to music which glorified homosexual behavior. Even if music glorifying heterosexual immorality doesn’t make us feel disgusted on the same level as homosexuality, it is morally in a similar category
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

scottmitchell74 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:05 pm

There was a time when Christians weren’t even supposed to listen to metal music. 

Lyrical content aside, just the sound of the music was “evil”. 

That’s why Deliverance wrote: It’s the Beat. And Tourniquet wrote: Besprinkled in Scarlet Horror.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:08 pm

Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:09 pm

True. But such ideas had no base in reality, while it is undeniable that the lyrics of certain songs promote sin. Music by itself conveys no message, but words/lyrics have meaning
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:23 pm

seth wrote:I would argue that it’s wise for Christians to avoid consuming any entertainment that glorifies sin. Because we are to fill our minds with that which is pure and good (Philippians 4:8 ). Think of it this way, i’m sure most of us would avoid listening to music which glorified homosexual behavior. Even if music glorifying heterosexual immorality doesn’t make us feel disgusted on the same level as homosexuality, it is morally in a similar category

The reality is that every Christian musician you know was influenced by a secular artist or band. And they probably still continued to listen to secular music (but very selectively). 

Do you think Ted Kirkpatrick was any less of a believer because he was influenced and listened to bands like Slayer and Carcass? 

I will predict that even people that “thumbs up” biblical references will still (whether in secret ir not) still go play their secular albums. That’s when we use our individual discretion.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:26 pm

TZ75 wrote:
seth wrote:I would argue that it’s wise for Christians to avoid consuming any entertainment that glorifies sin. Because we are to fill our minds with that which is pure and good (Philippians 4:8 ). Think of it this way, i’m sure most of us would avoid listening to music which glorified homosexual behavior. Even if music glorifying heterosexual immorality doesn’t make us feel disgusted on the same level as homosexuality, it is morally in a similar category

The reality is that every Christian musician you know was influenced by a secular artist or band. And they probably still continued to listen to secular music (but very selectively). 

Do you think Ted Kirkpatrick was any less of a believer because he was influenced and listened to bands like Slayer and Carcass? 

I will predict that even people that “thumbs up” biblical references will still (whether in secret ir not) still go play their secular albums. That’s when we use our individual discretion.
Not saying all secular music is bad, I listen to some secular music myself. Also not saying someone who listens to objectionable music isn’t a real believer or anything like that, just saying I think it’s wise for Christians to avoid music that glorifies sin. Not all secular music falls into this category
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:35 pm

seth wrote:True. But such ideas had no base in reality, while it is undeniable that the lyrics of certain songs promote sin. Music by itself conveys no message,  but words/lyrics have meaning

Some could argue that the speed and distortion of very heavy music (Death Metal) will naturally cause a mean or violent reaction. 

Have you heard how plants supposedly love and thrive when exposed to classical music? I think a riff can sound evil or dark without lyrics. When you hear those notes from the song Black Sabbath, do you think of holy things? Music can paint pictures in your mind and make you feel a certain way too. 

I think we all need to use our individual discretion (for all media).
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:02 pm

Agree about individual discretion. The difference I think though is that ominous-sounding riffs don’t inherently convey unholy/sinful meaning, it’s all subjective based on how it is perceived. When I hear doom metal riffs, for example, even if they sound ominous they don’t fill my head with anything sinful. But if someone else did have such a reaction to that type of music, it may be advisable for them to avoid it personally. Lyrics, however, have the potential to be much more explicit and less subjective when they state their meaning outright
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:16 pm

And then there are the less obvious sugarcoated pop songs that sound happy, but have Satan’s influence cleverly disguised.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

seth and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:17 pm

Exactly. Which is why lyrics are the true marker of a song’s meaning
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:20 pm

seth wrote:Exactly. Which is why lyrics are the true marker of a song’s meaning

But my point was that the meaning may be hidden with clever wording (not outright in your face).

The Beatles did it a lot.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

seth likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:23 pm

True
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:25 pm

I can’t confirm if it’s true or not… but supposedly Hotel California has some dark occult or Masonic references. 

Most people that heard it growing up probably thought it was just a nice relaxing Yacht rock song.

Last edited by TZ75 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next