The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's up with Brutal Planet records?

4 posters

Go down

What's up with Brutal Planet records? Empty What's up with Brutal Planet records?

Post by Black Rider Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:38 pm

I'm out of the loop but they are carrying bands like Witchery now?
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

What's up with Brutal Planet records? Empty Re: What's up with Brutal Planet records?

Post by Lex Metalis Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:45 pm

Brutal Planet is now the secular Side of Retroactivr/Bombworks

As Roxx did with No Life Till Metal and Girder with one that I forget the name

Last edited by Lex Metalis on Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

What's up with Brutal Planet records? Empty Re: What's up with Brutal Planet records?

Post by Black Rider Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:50 pm

I'm just surprised they'd carry a band like Witchery.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Constantine and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:56 am

We discussed a little about this on a tread here
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:42 am

Forgot about that.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddierecords1 Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:33 am

A few thoughts on the topic and I could very well be way off on them, but Matthew has always been cool to me so maybe im looking at it with rose colored glasses.

1. Not defending Witchery at all, they are super lame and tbh seem like a bunch of tryhards, but it seems like they have moved away mostly from the straight satantic stuff and focus more on lame attempts at war based lyrics, some weird salem witch stuff(still bad but not as bad as their previous) and general cookie cutter bland thrash lyrics. Couldbe way wrong on that just an observation and they are still horrible either way and id want nothing to do with them.

2. That album is a reissue licensed from Century Media. Id guess its decently hard to get the rights to anything they put out(major label) so maybe he has to put out whatever they offer him? And its no worth turning down cause im sure he makes alot of money off the nevermore resissues and in rhis moment reissue etc. And he just has to go along with whatever to avoid possibly losing the stuff he wants to put out. He could always say no and stand ground, but thats a personal desicion. But maybe he loves the band and wants to release it. I have no idea lol.

3. While strange and a dilemma, ultimatly id still buy from them if an album from a band i like cause its not the bands fault. I love indycar but im not gonna stop watching cause nbc puts out a show i dont like. Cause its not their fault.

4. The only things ive ever got froms boones is the vol 3 sampler x3 which is free and legends of extreme christian metal for 1.99 so i guess my opinion doesnt matter as weve given the with shipping like $15. Im just bored at work and this gave me something to dp for 5 lol

Maddierecords1
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Hardcore Christian and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:51 am

I was thinking the same thing, about it likely being a contract deal with Century Media. It makes sense since they have been releasing older but still Christian metalcore from them, like Sleeping Giant and As Hell Retreats, but at the same time they just put out Iwrestledabearonce which is by no means a Christian band either. But its the same that it is also a band that has never had their stuff pressed on vinyl before. So I could imagine it being a licensing related deal with him having to re-issue whatever the label tells him. Either way its business for him, so can't blame him for making a living in the music industry.
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down