The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rank the Theocracy Albums!

+23
seth
StevenCressler
bgsully
Sevenoneself
Frozen Fire
Snert I
zelote
Friday13th
BringItDown
Ammocas
Joelpz27
Beckster13
the Ceiling
Kerrick
mothy
Staybrite
Follower of Jesus
scottmitchell74
alldatndensum
Black Rider
Fundy
eatbugs
Pethead
27 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Rank the Theocracy Albums!  - Page 4 Empty Re: Rank the Theocracy Albums!

Post by StevenCressler Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:24 pm

Christian Thrash Rules wrote:I love Theocracy, but I haven't listened to their hole discography. Probably cause their albums are not short. But I think I know enough to rank 3 of the 5.

1. As The World Bleeds
The only album I've heard all the way though. I Am, Nailed, The Gift Of Music, Altar To The Unknown God, amazing songs. 10/10 album, hope to get it on vinyl soon.

2. Ghost Ship
Haven't heard the full album but def feels heavier than ATWB. I absolutely love Stir The Embers. 

3. Theocracy
The debut. Hard to believe Matt did this entire thing solo. Amazing songs on here, Ichthus, Serpent's Kiss.

Haven't listened to enough of Mirror Of Souls or Mosaic to rank them. But this band is amazing, would love to see them live. Might become my favorite band soon.
Saving the best for last, I guess?
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:39 pm

Pro-Zak wrote:Their show at the Immortal Festival last year was fantastic, the final encore by popular demand was "Laying the Demon to Rest", and it smoked!  Metal 1
What album do they tend to play the most at Immortal Fest?
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:53 pm

Christian Thrash Rules wrote:I love Theocracy, but I haven't listened to their hole discography. Probably cause their albums are not short. But I think I know enough to rank 3 of the 5.

1. As The World Bleeds
The only album I've heard all the way though. I Am, Nailed, The Gift Of Music, Altar To The Unknown God, amazing songs. 10/10 album, hope to get it on vinyl soon.

2. Ghost Ship
Haven't heard the full album but def feels heavier than ATWB. I absolutely love Stir The Embers. 

3. Theocracy
The debut. Hard to believe Matt did this entire thing solo. Amazing songs on here, Ichthus, Serpent's Kiss.

Haven't listened to enough of Mirror Of Souls or Mosaic to rank them. But this band is amazing, would love to see them live. Might become my favorite band soon.
I listened to Laying The Demon To Rest from Mirror Of Souls and if the whole album is this amazing(which I'm assuming it is) then it would either tie Ghost Ship or be directly below it. Ghost Ship is probably so far a 8.99/10 album and again, assuming the whole MOS album is as good as LTDTR then it would be 8.98/10. Theocracy is a 8.5/10.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:14 pm

Christian Thrash Rules wrote:
Pro-Zak wrote:Their show at the Immortal Festival last year was fantastic, the final encore by popular demand was "Laying the Demon to Rest", and it smoked!  Metal 1
What album do they tend to play the most at Immortal Fest?
I don't remember.
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:21 am

1. As The World Bleeds

2. Ghost Ship

3. Theocracy

I listened to Laying The Demon To Rest from Mirror Of Souls and if the whole album is this amazing(which I'm assuming it is) then it would either tie Ghost Ship or be directly below it. Ghost Ship is probably so far a 8.99/10 album and again, assuming the whole MOS album is as good as LTDTR then it would be 8.98/10. Theocracy is a 8.5/10.
LtDtR is their heaviest song and my second favourite behind Mirror of Souls
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Ammocas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:46 am

StevenCressler wrote:LtDtR is their heaviest song and my second favourite behind Mirror of Souls
Really? I think Stir The Embers from Ghost Ship is their heaviest song.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Opeth3232 Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:56 am

Pethead wrote:It's about time we have a ranking thread on the (un)official house band of the CMR. So let's get to it! 

1. Ghost Ship

Consistently awesome. Some of their best riffs and most memorable hooks (which, for Theocracy, is saying a lot). There isn't a song on here I don't love and I've probably listened to it more than the others combined. 

(VERY SLIGHT GAP. RAZOR THIN.)

2. Mirror of Souls

For a long time, this was top for me. It still is in a very tight race with Ghost Ship. The songs are all awesome with great choruses and there's a good variety of sounds here. The title track is my favorite Theocracy song and Absolution Day is right behind it. A masterpiece. 

(BIGGER GAP)

3. Theocracy

I haven't had this one as long, but it's still excellent. I don't think there's a bad song on it. Great stuff. 

(SLIGHT GAP)

4. As the World Bleeds

I know this will be controversial, but I think this is the weakest primarily because it's the most inconsistent. Half of it is flat-out awesome and among the best of their career. The other half ranges from quite good to skip-button ("The Gift of Music"). It's still leagues ahead of pretty much any other power metal, of course, because it's THEOCRACY. But I think it's the weakest of their works. However, it was actually the first Theocracy I got and it made me a fan, so I certainly like this album! 

Theocracy rules (play on words somewhat intended).
But wait the Gift Of Music is fantastic for its ending lol I mean all of a sudden bam it becomes a thrash song lol. But getting through the cheese first that's the problem lol. I wish they stayed more consistent with the speed in the style of Laying The Demon To Rest other than that they are today's Stryper to some and I get that totally. Good band
Opeth3232
Opeth3232
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:07 am

StevenCressler wrote:LtDtR is their heaviest song and my second favourite behind Mirror of Souls
Really? I think Stir The Embers from Ghost Ship is their heaviest song.
Stir the Embers is rather heavy too but aside from the main riff LtDtR also has a straight-up thrash section in the middle.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:36 pm

I listened more so I think I can rank all of them.

1. As The World Bleeds
Perfect 10/10

2. Ghost Ship
Nearly perfect 9/10

2. Mirror Of Souls
Incredible album 9/10

3. Mosaic
Thrashy, heavy, awesome 8.5/10

4. Theocracy
Didn't need 3 11+ minute songs but other than that amazing 8/10.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:40 am

I am being to think that it just may be possible for "Mosaic" to overtake "Mirror of Souls" for their best album! 😱
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Frozen Fire, Pethead, Ammocas and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4