The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rank the Skillet albums

2 posters

Go down

Rank the Skillet albums Empty Rank the Skillet albums

Post by StevenCressler Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:06 am

"Why do you like Skillet so much Mad " - Black Rider

Now you can't say it becuase I already did Wink

12. Invincible
I know everyone thinks I love electronic because of Assimilation... but this album is really boring. Aside from The Fire Breathes, that song is miles above anything else on the album.
11. Ardent Worship
Boring for the most part, but decent. Sounds like Air1.
10. Hey You, I Love Your Soul
A lot of the songs are boring here, but overall there is more good songs here than the ones below. Locked in a Cage is the best here.
9. Skillet
Kind of underrated tbh. I Can and Paint are my favorite songs here. Interesting genre, good melodies... but several songs are still boring.
8. Alien Youth
This was when they started getting good. Kill Me, Heal Me and Rippin' Me Off started them in a much heavier direction, and Earth Invasion has a great chorus, being my fav on the album.
7. Victorious
This is one of their more generic alt rock albums, though at least they do have a symphonic song (the title track). Save Me is really good, but Reach is for sure my fav here. (Also Legendary is overrated.)
6. Unleashed
Feel Invincible is overrated. The album has some bangers, such as The Resistance and Saviors of the World. I Want to Live is a classic symphonic Skillet song. However, this was when they really made the switch to generic alt rock.
5. Dominion
The best of the recent generic alt rock trilogy. Beyond Incredible is a great song. The title track has probably their most "metal" solo. Still Air1 music, but much heavier.
4. Rise
The top 4 are obvious imo. This album is full of good songs. What I Believe is one of my favorite songs ever. But this album also has many boring songs. Still really good though.
3. Awake
Aside from the big three on here (Awake & Alive, Monster, and Hero) this song has some of their best lyrics, such as Lucy and Sometimes. Some meh songs though.
2. Comatose
Their most symphonic album, which I love. The title track is my favorite from them. Chock full of great tracks. Rebirthing and Whispers are the other best ones.
1. Collide
No questions here. Their heaviest by far. The title track is possibly the most important song to my life, as it helped a lot during my depression. Other songs like Fingernails (my direct fav here), Imperfection, and Energy hit so hard for some reason. Open Wounds is the definition of a good angst song. For a band marked by inconsistency for me, this album is very consistent. Even the ballads are good, way above the boring ballads on their other albums.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Back to top Go down

Rank the Skillet albums Empty Re: Rank the Skillet albums

Post by Pethead Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:49 am

Your top 3 are mine too.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet