The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

STRYPER NEW ALBUM - Coming out in September

+22
Airola
deathisgain
My Awesome Timothy
Soldier777
CCRockShow
Deadpool
Follower of Jesus
heck
BaleMaster
Andreas89
bodachi
alldatndensum
Frozen Fire
Temple of Blood
MikeInFla
eatbugs
TZ75
Constantine
Staybrite
Black Rider
Sir Shred A Lot
KaramKaram
26 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

STRYPER NEW ALBUM - Coming out in September - Page 3 Empty Re: STRYPER NEW ALBUM - Coming out in September

Post by eatbugs Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:28 am

More thoughts:
Make Love Great Again could be a major social anthem if metal was a more popular genre.  Even then, if marketed properly it could be a influential within the right circles.

The least excellent song is Middle Finger Messiah.  No, it's not controversial (it's not the title track to GDE), but it doesn't catch me.  The chorus is catchy but meaningless without the context of the verses.

It's one we will look back as a sign of the times.  The phrase "make ____ great again" and the masks the band are wearing will always conjure up memories of this time in history.  Good for Stryper for being socially relevant.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

STRYPER NEW ALBUM - Coming out in September - Page 3 Empty Re: STRYPER NEW ALBUM - Coming out in September

Post by Temple of Blood Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:09 pm

Check out the Blabbermouth comment section for their album review that blasted Stryper's faith.  It's great to see metal fans overwhelmingly disapprove of attacking a band for their beliefs.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:08 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:Check out the Blabbermouth comment section for their album review that blasted Stryper's faith.  It's great to see metal fans overwhelmingly disapprove of attacking a band for their beliefs.

Except the way that most of them are attacking the guy and cursing him out. Especially when they are addressing some one about matters of faith.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:51 pm

Andreas89 wrote:Although I'm not a Stryper fan, NMHTP is one of my favourite christian metal albums, and one of my personal highlights of last decade in general. Because of that I was a bit too careless and bought Fallen as soon as I could. Turned out to be a hit or miss album. The singles of GDE couldn't convince me, so I didn't bother with that one.

Are you me!?

I'm not really an actual fan either, but I love a lot of their earlier stuff. I love To Hell with the Devil and In God We Trust.

But I went through the new albums pretty much exactly the same way you did. I really love NMHTP, I was blown away when it first came out. Maybe only one or two weaker moments but even those were quite ok. One of the strongest Christian metal albums ever. And just like you I immediately got Fallen when it came out. Yahweh was extremely promising, but the rest of the album was more a disappointment than a great followup album. Yahweh was great and then there were a few tracks near the end that were great, but the rest was very mediocre. And I chose to skip GDE for pretty much the same reasons as you (although I actually liked the chorus of Take It to the Cross, lol). And even later when I listened to the full album on Youtube, I think there was only one or two tracks worth listening.

I guess I'll check the new album out at some point though.

Airola
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:11 pm

I have finally gotten to listen to it all the way through.  This is solid listen, but nothing is grabbing me on the first pass like the album "Fallen" did.  That is pretty much the best thing Stryper ever did with "To Hell With The Devil" running a very close second for me.  It will take a couple more listens to see what stands out the most.

I have to agree with FoJ on wondering if Oz played any solos on this at all.  None of the solos sound like his tone which was always more tinny than Michael's.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:19 pm

The test for me with this album and any other, in terms of true greatness, is that eventually every song "has its day." If I slowly start having each and every song grow and become a favorite then it's something special. It's a good sign when I didn't like the title track and now it's all I want to listen to. If that keeps happening with each song then I know I have something personally special. Fallen was actually as close as I came with the last few, though each of the last 4 have been that way to some degree.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:11 pm

bodachi wrote:
BaleMaster wrote:...The credits and inner sleeve photos are teh shibby!  Cool

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope mine are okay when it arrives.

I thought shibby was a good thing?

Back to top Go down

Post by primemover777 Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:06 pm

This is a great album and I wasn't expecting this as the last 2 we're just OK. This new one grabbed me right off the bat and I can't stop listening to it. "Make love great again," "Divider," "For God & Rock and Roll." are stand outs so far, but every song is really really good. I never expected this album to be that good, but it is.
primemover777
primemover777
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Follower of Jesus and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:24 am

Bought4Life wrote:
bodachi wrote:

It is.  Bodachi mistranslated.   Laughing
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:32 am

This one might be a grower. First couple songs listened to were kind of meh but listening to more and there's some good stuff with Invitation Only and How to Fly being very good songs.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:19 pm

I am on the first listening right now.

I am truly impressed with some songs and mostly with some solos. Even the Devil Believes is great and it has a great solo.

But for the other songs, I felt it is more of the same. Don't get me wrong, I think Michael is impressively creative, mostly because he writes himself all the Stryper songs.

But you know, Stryper is going to release a new album, someone will say it is their best to date, and so on...

Back to top Go down

Post by bodachi Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:42 am

BaleMaster wrote:
Bought4Life wrote:
bodachi wrote:

It is.  Bodachi mistranslated.   Laughing
"Mistranslated"? Could be, I am a native English speaker. Not sure what the heck "teh shibby" is, but it sounds less than ideal.
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:14 am

Lighten up, Francis.  "Teh shibby"=  afro
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Opeth3232 Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:20 pm

alldatndensum wrote:We're playing Bingo?  Man, I gotta go get grandma!   lol!
I thought she got ran over by a reindeer?  Laughing
Opeth3232
Opeth3232
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Opeth3232 Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:28 pm

Not a bad one for Stryper. They definitely played it safe theres no power metalish leanings no thrash cords just good safe keep the Quite Riot Skid Row fans happy melodic metal. For the record Temple Of Blood kicks ass
Opeth3232
Opeth3232
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:15 pm

I'm still waiting to receive my red vinyl and CD from band camp but I heard all of the album from you tuve the listening party Tuesday evening. I've bene a fan od Stryper since 1985 during the Soldiers era and every album always 1 or 2 songs that I don't like or is a filler (Together Forever, It's Up 2 U, Come to the Everlife, Eclipse of the Sun, Mercy Over Blame, etc). 

The last 4 albums including Even the Devil Believes are quite good. The new album is slightly better than the previous 3. I wasn't a fan of How to Fly at first but its growing on me and it has a cathy groove. It reminds me of a Million Pieces by The Newsboys. The ballad is ok, not great. I'm not an of Middle Figner Messiah. It's not because of the title but the muisc. I think this may grow on me. It kind of reminds me of The Reign form IGWT and The Devil Doesn't Live Here from the last album. 

Liking 9 out of 11 songs is not bad. That's an 8.1/10. as a minor thing is NMHTP and Fallen had 12 songs  where they each included a cover. The last 2 had 11. It would be cool if there were covers on the last 2 albums to round them out to 12 songs for each album.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:05 pm

I got the new album. I like it! 

It’s the best of the recent stuff!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Ammocas and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:45 pm

TZ75 wrote:I got the new album. I like it! 

It’s the best of the recent stuff!
I agree wholeheartedly! I do like their last four or five albums but this one is their best of those. Not a bad song on here! My favorite song right now is “How To Fly”....I love the lyrics and the vibe.
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by primemover777 Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:07 am

Central Illinois loves Stryper, so my friends all got together and decided to talk about the new album.

primemover777
primemover777
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:17 pm

I love the album, but I do like some of the songs from Fallen and NMHTP better than anything on this one. However, there are songs on both of those releases that I don't care for too much, while ETDB is a more even experience.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:55 am

Well, that was a bummer.

The album was off to a pretty good start but a few songs in I just got bored. I'm beginning to think that No More Hell to Pay was an exception. Man I love that album...
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:32 pm

I proudly shared my copy with my coworker. He was blown away too.
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3