The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

STRYPER NEW ALBUM - Coming out in September

+22
Airola
deathisgain
My Awesome Timothy
Soldier777
CCRockShow
Deadpool
Follower of Jesus
heck
BaleMaster
Andreas89
bodachi
alldatndensum
Frozen Fire
Temple of Blood
MikeInFla
eatbugs
TZ75
Constantine
Staybrite
Black Rider
Sir Shred A Lot
KaramKaram
26 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

STRYPER NEW ALBUM - Coming out in September - Page 2 Empty Re: STRYPER NEW ALBUM - Coming out in September

Post by Black Rider Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:33 pm

Other then NMHTP, Mike's last solo album was better then their recent stuff imo.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

STRYPER NEW ALBUM - Coming out in September - Page 2 Empty Re: STRYPER NEW ALBUM - Coming out in September

Post by KaramKaram Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:05 pm

Bought4Life wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:I guess I'll be the dissenter here.

I don't think they've done anything good since IGWT and I don't believe this will be good either.  Bands don't bounce back after 4 or 5 mediocre albums.

I just hope Oz gets better.

They haven't had "4 or 5 mediocre albums".

You may not like them, heck, everyone has different tastes when it comes to what they do or don't like. But kinda rude to say that you don't think it will be "good either".

I mean, I don't like your band, at all. But I am not going to sit here and say your albums are mediocre or when you announce a new album say "Yeah, well it won't be good either".

BINGO!
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:11 pm

We're playing Bingo?  Man, I gotta go get grandma!   lol!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:47 pm

bodachi wrote:I think the working title is "**** Sin In The **** With A 15-Pound ****".
(If previous album titles give us any clues)

Oh man, I love your sense of humor.  lol!
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by heck Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:16 am

There’s nothing better than the creative process when a band FIRST gets together. The early stuff is almost always the best. I love the guitar sound and inspired songs in Yellow and Black Attack. And my all time favorite Stryper tune is The Rock That Makes Me Roll. It’s been hit or miss since then, for me. Even THWTD had skippable tracks.

heck
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:09 pm

Stryper is as good now as ever. I think NMHTP and Fallen were both brilliant. GDE a bit less so, but still at times compelling. I think there's a nostalgia to the old albums that keeps them in very high regard for fans. There's nothing wrong with that, but it keeps some fans from being able to recognize when a band might be even better than their hayday. This is one of those times.

I'm anxious to hear the new material with Perry Richardson on board. I have a feeling that this new album will be Stryper's heaviest album to date, by far. Perry is a thrash fan, and Mike Sweet has hinted that they're trending heavier. I'm really anxious to hear the new stuff.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:25 am

Follower of Jesus wrote:Stryper is as good now as ever. I think NMHTP and Fallen were both brilliant. GDE a bit less so, but still at times compelling. I think there's a nostalgia to the old albums that keeps them in very high regard for fans. There's nothing wrong with that, but it keeps some fans from being able to recognize when a band might be even better than their hayday. This is one of those times.

I'm anxious to hear the new material with Perry Richardson on board. I have a feeling that this new album will be Stryper's heaviest album to date, by far. Perry is a thrash fan, and Mike Sweet has hinted that they're trending heavier. I'm really anxious to hear the new stuff.

I've been a fan since the original YAB cassette came out in '84 (along with Saint's Warriors of the Son and Messiah Prophet's Rock The Flock, what a year..lol), and I think Michael's voice sounds better now than ever.

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadpool Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:29 pm

Bought4Life wrote:

I've been a fan since the original YAB cassette came out in '84 (along with Saint's Warriors of the Son and Messiah Prophet's Rock The Flock, what a year..lol), and I think Michael's voice sounds better now than ever.
Me as well, same story!

Anyway, I am of the opinion that the last 3 Stryper albums have out shined their "classic" material believe it or not (with the possible exception of ATL--man that album slays).  

I'm a fanboy of that original material, but I think that the current stuff owns it and so I'm quite excited for another release and will order it sight unseen. If they can keep the quality up, in another album or two they will have been the first band (from my point of view) to have had a extended break up, come back, and out matched their previous incarnation's entire body of work (considered canon by many) with a new set of albums. Again, this is just in my little world, but that's how it's been for me as a Stryper fan in these last few years. I would put any of the last three records up against any of the older stuff and I think that they AT LEAST match, if not better those albums.

Deadpool
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by CCRockShow Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:29 pm

Have to say I’m excited. I have thoroughly enjoyed the last three, although NMHTP is probably my favorite of those. Looking forward to some good, hard, in-your-face music.
CCRockShow
CCRockShow
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:25 am

What impresses me about the last three is how consistently good they are and how it leads us to all have different opinions.  Some (like me) think NMHTP was the best, some like Fallen, and some like GDE.  There is no clear cut "best" with the other two not being as good.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by CCRockShow Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:35 am

Agreed. And for what it’s worth, NMHTP has, IMHO, one of the best album covers of any recited ever.
CCRockShow
CCRockShow
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:37 pm

With Stryper being my favorite band followed by Impellitteri and Petra (especially the 1981 to 1993 period), I'm really looking forward to the new Stryper album. Their new material rivals their 80's classic period, especially from Second Coming to current. I'm looking forward to this album and the last 2 Michael Sweet albums are great too. The views expressed above are wide ranging and varies. It's interesting to read the opinions expressed above.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

CCRockShow likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:02 pm

Got a surprise when I got home, my yellow vinyl has arrived.  Am just spinning it now!
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:46 pm

Have spun this album just once and am                                        very impressed.  Lyrically it’s fantastic and the guitar work is on another level.  I may go
out on a limb and say that this potentially could be the best album Stryper has ever done.  Hope everyone gets to hear the album soon to formulate their own opinions.
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by heck Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:26 pm

Goto stryper.com to sign up for a live listen with the band. Cool idea. Under ten bucks.

heck
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:41 am

Wow.  This album officially drops in a couple of days! Been so busy working that I lost track of the time.   Laughing
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:42 pm

Wonder how many of you are going to say this is STRYPER’s best album?  

It’s a great album, maybe their best..... need to listen a few more times before I make that claim!  I will say it’s better than NMHTP, Fallen and GDE though.
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:00 pm

Mine came today. Definitely has the most 80's feel of any of the material since the return. I like that they weren't trying to be "heavy" or over the top. As such, this album feels natural and fresh. There's not a bad song here. No more recycled Sabbath/Priest/ACDC riffs either! I kept waiting for the album to hit a clunker, especially after This I Pray which tripped the pace as a solid acoustic ballad but slowed the album a bit. I worried if they'd stumble on the way to a closing barn burner. Nope. One solid song after another all the way to the end.

I definitely understand this being in a conversation about their best. Maybe. 

Happy it came early rather than preorders which show up 5 days late.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:28 am

So, yeah, this is easily Stryper's best album  since their comeback, and quite possibly their best ever. This album is just phenomenal. Right away, songs like "Let Him In", "Divider", and "Invitation Only" make impressions on me. I'm not a big fan of Stryper's ballads. I'm not sure why; it's just what it is. However, I really like "This I Pray". 

I'm sure I'll have a more nuanced view of the album once I really get to know it. But none of their other albums have grabbed me this much right out of the gate on first listen.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

primemover777 and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:48 am

Added the download this morning. Really good stuff, Maynard!
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:43 am

It shreds!
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:32 pm

Yeah, this is really good stuff.  After one listen it's too soon to tell if it's my #1 favorite, but it's going to be top 3 at least.

I agree with Follower of Jesus on Stryper ballads, but I think I know why: I'm not a fan of piano ballads and not a fan of rock voices trying to sing pretty and soft (think "All of Me").  "This I Pray" is not like that though, and that's why I like it (maybe I'm just getting old too).

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

primemover777, mothy and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:15 pm

After several listens thru it “How to Fly” is also becoming a favorite. It had to grow on me a little bit, though.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:50 am

My physical disc arrived last night.  The credits and inner sleeve photos are teh shibby!  Cool
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by bodachi Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:14 am

BaleMaster wrote:...The credits and inner sleeve photos are teh shibby!  Cool

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope mine are okay when it arrives.
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next