The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's your least favorite album by your favorite band?

+25
Theonymic
Follower of Jesus
StevenCressler
Pethead
seth
Jaybird
stringfellow_hawke
alldatndensum
Opeth3232
Mephibosheth
Grimmo
Pershing1134
arttieTHE1manparty
Hardcore Christian
shekkian
Staybrite
WildWorld
Kerrick
Superjuice
Temple of Blood
TMLMKE
Black Rider
Markus1987
Andreas89
11razorwire
29 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What's your least favorite album by your favorite band? Empty What's your least favorite album by your favorite band?

Post by 11razorwire Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:44 pm

It doesn't necessarily mean you hate the album, but what do you recognize as your favorite band's least desirable release to your ears?

My band being Megadeth, I am into all of their 15 studio albums. However, if I had to chose the weakest link in the chain I'd give the nod to their 9th album: The World Needs a Hero. I like it, but don't love it. I love a few songs, mainly "Dread and the Fugitive Mind" and "Disconnect", but the album as a whole ranks in last place for me in their stellar discography.
11razorwire
11razorwire
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

What's your least favorite album by your favorite band? Empty Re: What's your least favorite album by your favorite band?

Post by Andreas89 Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:10 am

Heh, nice thread. Let's see, I'd say my favourite band is Blind Guardian. There is not one single bad album. But with their third album (Tales from the Twilight World) they made such a giant leap in progress, there is hardly any band who has reached that level, let alone surpassed it. So that would make it a choice between their first two albums, Battalions of Fear and Follow the Blind.

I'd go for Battalions of Fear, it has a great opening track (Majesty) which already gave a vague taste of fantastic things to come, but the rest just isn't up to the level of Follow the Blind.
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

What's your least favorite album by your favorite band? Empty Re: What's your least favorite album by your favorite band?

Post by Markus1987 Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:21 am

Easily Stryper's "Reborn". While not a bad album, it's IMO last in line when I'm listening to  their stuff.
Markus1987
Markus1987
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:57 pm

My favorite band is either Maiden or Megadeth. For 'deth it's Risk, I never listen to it. For Maiden, and i'm not counting the Blaze albums, it's Fear of the Dark.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by TMLMKE Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:32 pm

Scorpions Eye II Eye not as bad as people make it out to be but, Not a typical Scorps album
TMLMKE
TMLMKE
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:27 pm

Risk
Redeemer of Souls
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:24 pm

Test For Echo
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:34 pm

Black Rider wrote:For Maiden, and i'm not counting the Blaze albums, it's Fear of the Dark.

Really?  FOTD is definitely one of their weaker ones... though I still prefer it over No Prayer For The Dying (which would be my choice).  I actually like the two Blaze albums more than those two. Embarassed

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by 11razorwire Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:53 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:Risk
Redeemer of Souls

I know there's a lot of Risk disdain, but R.o.S. kinda surprises me. Everyone's different, but I really like this album. With Judas Priest actually being my 2nd favorite band, I was disappointed in Nostradamus. But it's all good, you've certainly got great taste in bands!
11razorwire
11razorwire
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:46 pm

Cliche, but Turbo. While Out in the Cold and Reckless are undeniably classics, and Rock You All Around the World is a guilty pleasure, the rest of the album doesnt do much for me, not even as a pop metal album.

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:52 am

Queensryche - Dedicated to Chaos. 
An absolute turd of an album, I have heard it in it's entirety (twice) but glad to say I have never paid to own it (and I won't).  A radical departure of a once great progressive metal band....I couldn't be happier that they fired Geoff Tate and brought in a more suitable replacement.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:49 pm

^ I absolutely agree.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:02 pm

As for the Maiden albums I like half of NPFTD a lot and FOTD has about three songs I enjoy. Never could get into Blaze's voice. Eh, all just opinions, it's all good.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by shekkian Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:08 pm

This may be a slightly ironic answer, but Dream Theater's The Astonishing would be my vote. It is definitely NOT a bad album, really a phenomenal album. But it is a departure from the formula they had repeatedly stuck to for most of their career. This one is almost like a Broadway soundtrack, with lots of shorter songs. It requires a different level of attention that I cannot normally deliver.

So after almost a year I have only listened to The Astonishing 2 or 3 times.

shekkian
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:28 pm

Favorite band, thats tough on its own

I'll just do 3 of my top 10 favorite bands

For Today - Immortal is my least favorite, Portraits and Breaker were such phenomenal releases I still count it as my least favorite despite loving a lot of the songs on there

Mortification - Erasing The Goblin, surprisingly its my least played of any of their albums, I like the heavy sound on it, but I bought it at the same time as Brain Cleaner and BC is just a better album with more memorable tracks

As I Lay Dying - Awakened, enough reason why
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by arttieTHE1manparty Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:50 pm

Secular fave:  
Great White
Least favorite album?  "Elation", no question.  No Jack Russell = No Great White for me.

Christian fave:
Deliverance (classic)
Least favorite album:  Assimilation

Disciple (current)
Least Favorite album:  This Might Sting a Little

Arttie
arttieTHE1manparty
arttieTHE1manparty
The Strongest Man In The World

http://www.Glitter2Gutter.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing1134 Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:32 am

Secular: Symphony X - S/T

Christian: Guardian - Almost Home
Pershing1134
Pershing1134
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by arttieTHE1manparty Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:28 am

Pershing1134 wrote:Secular: Symphony X - S/T

Christian: Guardian - Almost Home

Do you not like "Almost Home" at all, or is it just your least fave? I only ask because it had to grow on me, but I really, really like that album now, far more than Buzz or Bottle Rocket.

Arttie
arttieTHE1manparty
arttieTHE1manparty

http://www.Glitter2Gutter.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimmo Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:13 am

RelixIV by Overkill - though I love all their stuff, so it's relative.
Crawl to China by Tourniquet - huge divergence in their sound there.
Grimmo
Grimmo
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:44 pm

Interesting, Relix is one of my faves by them. I agree on TQT though it's grown on me.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mephibosheth Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:59 pm

Maiden. Either Fear of the Dark or Virtual XI
Mephibosheth
Mephibosheth
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Opeth3232 Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:26 pm

Roots Bloody Roots by Sepultura

It was to experimental for me and sounded like every crap nu metal band out there at the time

KFD by WASP
Opeth3232
Opeth3232
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:50 pm

I hated that after some more thoughtful albums Blackie did KFD. Like he had to prove he was bad.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:53 am

Bride - Oddities
Apologetix - You Can't Spell Euprates Without The Eighties
Rose - Crazy Little World
MATW - Dreamland Cafe/First two albums
Third Day - Miracle
Whitecross - Flytrap
Motley Crue - Anything after Dr. Feelgood
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Opeth3232 Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:02 pm

Black Rider wrote:I hated that after some more thoughtful albums Blackie did KFD. Like he had to prove he was bad.
I get what you mean. I was reading an article a few days ago and if I remember correctly Chris Holmes had just returned and Blackie said it was kinda his welcome back album. WASP as a whole has some very thought provoking and introspective songs. The Great Misconceptions Of Me is a song that should be in everyones playlist thats a fan and Headless Children and and and and ok if I get goin I wont stop when it comes to WASP lol
Opeth3232
Opeth3232
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next