The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's your least favorite album by your favorite band?

+25
Theonymic
Follower of Jesus
StevenCressler
Pethead
seth
Jaybird
stringfellow_hawke
alldatndensum
Opeth3232
Mephibosheth
Grimmo
Pershing1134
arttieTHE1manparty
Hardcore Christian
shekkian
Staybrite
WildWorld
Kerrick
Superjuice
Temple of Blood
TMLMKE
Black Rider
Markus1987
Andreas89
11razorwire
29 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What's your least favorite album by your favorite band? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's your least favorite album by your favorite band?

Post by Black Rider Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:18 pm

Thankfully he didn't stay there.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

What's your least favorite album by your favorite band? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's your least favorite album by your favorite band?

Post by Opeth3232 Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:22 pm

Black Rider wrote:Thankfully he didn't stay there.
Yes he did!
Opeth3232
Opeth3232
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:16 am

Helldorado was MUCH worse than KFD, especially since Blackie said that he was getting "back to his roots" with that album, but even on a musical level it didnt sound anything like old school W.A.S.P.. Unholy Terror (tasteless cover art aside) was a much more worthy comeback (ironically, im listenng to that one right now).

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

arttieTHE1manparty and Opeth3232 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:11 am

As far as him not staying there, i'm referring to his last couple of albums.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by stringfellow_hawke Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:48 pm

Metallica is my favorite band 

St. Anger is my least favorite album.  I don't hate it but it is the one I tend to play the least.  It also has the most filler songs of any of their catalog.
stringfellow_hawke
stringfellow_hawke
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Opeth3232 Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:52 pm

Mortification - Erasing The Goblin, surprisingly its my least played of any of their albums, I like the heavy sound on it, but I bought it at the same time as Brain Cleaner and BC is just a better album with more memorable tracks
Erasing The Goblin wasn't the best better than Triumph Of Mercy though it was the last Mortification album ive bought. Some of the song's were kinda copycats of each other. Speed for speeds sake. What other Mort album's comes closest to the growls Steve used to do?
Opeth3232
Opeth3232
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Opeth3232 Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:54 pm

Opeth3232 wrote:
Black Rider wrote:Thankfully he didn't stay there.
Yes he did!
I didn't mean yes he did as he did stay lol. Wish I noticed this mess up earlier
Opeth3232
Opeth3232
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaybird Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:23 pm

Metallica - Load
I guess I should have picked St. Anger but I've never listened to it all the way through.

I don't give Metallica any flak for changing their musical style on Load, but man the lyrics are just plain stoopid.
Jaybird
Jaybird
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Superjuice likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:47 pm

I think perhaps it's because I bought Load when I was just starting to get into metal [Metallica was my introduction to the genre) and now it's somewhat nostalgic for me... but I actually don't mind that album.  Yeah the lyrics are trash, but I enjoyed it.  I ended up getting rid of all my Metallica CDs years ago because I just got tired of how angry they were all the time haha, but musically that album wasn't all bad IMO.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:32 pm

Theocracy - Ghost Ship (sorry Pethead)
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Kerrick, Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:35 pm

One day you’ll see the light. I have faith.

For me: 

Christian: Petra’s Revival
Secular: Van Halen III
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:39 pm

arttieTHE1manparty wrote:Secular fave:  
Great White
Least favorite album?  "Elation", no question.  No Jack Russell = No Great White for me.

Christian fave:
Deliverance (classic)
Least favorite album:  Assimilation

Disciple (current)
Least Favorite album:  This Might Sting a Little

Arttie
Even though Assimilation is great, not surprised as everyone hates it. But come on... This Might Sting a Little is their best album
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:40 pm

Red - Gone

Several songs on this (including the title track) are too soft, and this album is one of two of theirs with pop influences. A.I. is an amazing song, though.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:43 am

Stryper - least favorite album: tie between Reborn and The Final Battle
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:19 am

Judas Priest: Demolition

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:54 am

I listed a Rush album in the past.  

But as for the Christian scene, I would put Stavesacre - Speakeasy... 

It was just a departure from their first two albums which had more of a hard edge to it and was really riff-focused with Jeff Bellew's tight leads being the main act.  They said they were tired of the Tool comparisons, which was really pretty minimal, so they switched things up.  Speakeasy is actually a great, great album for what it is - not a stinker in the bunch and has some songs I really enjoy and are quite emotionally moving.  The Cure cover is quite killer.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Theonymic Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:39 am

Blut aus Nord - Hallucinogen

Theonymic
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnaliridescence Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:35 pm

It's impossible for me to pick a favorite band. Aurora Borealis has always been high on the list, though. It's interesting because I found them as a secular band around 2007, and then they released their first album with Christian themes "Worldshapers" in 2014, the exact same year I was saved. (The 2011 album mentions "God" but is not Christian proper.)

I would say my least favorites are "Relinquish" and "Timeline" but it's not for any musical reason. It's just because those happened to be released at a kind of dubious point in my life, and listening to them nowadays sort of takes me back to that point. It's honestly okay though; 1) they have a lot of other great music, both secular and Christian. 2) I've gone through this same thing with tons of bands I listened to back then. With prayerful guidance, I am able to still listen to some of it (1 Corinthians 8:4-6) but the overwhelming majority I left behind per His discernment (Proverbs 26:11).

If I had to pick one for purely musical reasons it'd be "Praise the Archaic Lights Embrace" just because the sound quality isn't that good (somehow inferior even to the release that came before it imo)
nocturnaliridescence
nocturnaliridescence
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Nun Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:15 pm

I don't really have a favorite band now, but it was Opeth for me growing up.

It might be controversial, but out of all their albums through Ghost Reveries, Blackwater Park is my least favorite. I feel like it's Opeth by the numbers. It has less individual character than any of the others from that period.

Somehow it got this reputation as their magnum opus and I just don't agree.
Son of Nun
Son of Nun
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

MagnusPrime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:18 pm

I was never a huge Opeth fan, but the albums I gave the most time were Morningrise and My Arms Your Hearse. Demon of the  Fall is my favorite song from them.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Son of Nun likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:33 pm

I guess Antestor is currently my favorite band. All four of their albums are great, but I like Martyrium the least. It is great but stylistically less appealing to me than the other three.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:55 pm

As far as classic metal my favorite band is Deliverance. While Camelot in Smithereens is a good enough album, and Somber Theme is an amazing song, there are so many mid songs on this album that it can't beat the other much better D albums

I know most say Assimilation, but I love that album
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Nun Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:15 pm

Pethead wrote:I was never a huge Opeth fan, but the albums I gave the most time were Morningrise and My Arms Your Hearse. Demon of the  Fall is my favorite song from them.

Those are probably the best two and I have a soft spot for Deliverance since that was my first Metal album.
Son of Nun
Son of Nun
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Aporia Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:14 am

Technical Ecstacy

Aporia
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Superjuice likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Opeth3232 Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:00 pm

KFD by Wasp
Opeth3232
Opeth3232
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next