The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deliverance crowdfunding old-school thrash album

+36
Troublezone
Galations6.7
kethdredd
Sir Shred A Lot
stevegarveyfan
ludey7
eatbugs
jimmypbrownii
FreeRangeBeliever
alldatndensum
arttieTHE1manparty
MikeInFla
average joe
Follower of Jesus
grandeped
crucifyd
mr.electric40
bjorn agin
New Creation
deathisgain
exact33
ReckonedDead
bigtreads
Pershing1134
cailen
Lex Metalis
Temple of Blood
metaldude
jeffcorpse
bodachi
strangerhoncho
Hardcore Christian
lhversaw
My Awesome Timothy
Black Rider
Airola
40 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Deliverance crowdfunding old-school thrash album - Page 5 Empty Re: Deliverance crowdfunding old-school thrash album

Post by average joe Thu 2 Mar 2017 - 7:51

Let's just throw everybody out since we are talking about guitarists known for playing thrash.  How about Mike Didanato and Ian Arkley. Question

Last edited by average joe on Thu 2 Mar 2017 - 9:52; edited 1 time in total

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Deliverance crowdfunding old-school thrash album - Page 5 Empty Re: Deliverance crowdfunding old-school thrash album

Post by average joe Thu 2 Mar 2017 - 9:38

"We have some news about who will be playing lead guitar! But I can't tell you yet. You will for sure know who he is though." \m/ - Jim Chaffin

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 2 Mar 2017 - 11:51

Erik Mendez and Gary Lenaire, played with Victor Macias. It is a good guess.

But also, when Jim says "you will know who he is..." make me think of a guy that is more famous, maybe that comes from mainstream metal scene.

I don't know, I don't know...
(But If I had to bet in someone, Minier)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Shred A Lot Thu 2 Mar 2017 - 14:29

Deliverance crowdfunding old-school thrash album - Page 5 Dave-Mustaine1

Since we're just throwing anything out there...

Sir Shred A Lot
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Fri 3 Mar 2017 - 12:03

GO JIMMY
GO JIMMY
GO JIMMY
GO JIMMY
GO JIMMY
PREACH IT, PREACH IT LOUD, PREACH IT CLEAR

New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Fri 3 Mar 2017 - 12:03

We are now 2/3 the way there!
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Fri 3 Mar 2017 - 12:07

I just realized that the green vinyl package I ordered does not list a digital download. Does anyone know if the digital download comes with the vinyl?
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Fri 3 Mar 2017 - 12:55

New Creation wrote:

Great video Jimmy!
Thanks for sharing this Adam!

I understand being squeamish about crowdfunding, there have been enough horror stories about people not getting the product (even by "Christians") to make someone nervous.  This isn't a new business model though and everything I have ever funded has been delivered (always late, but I got it).  But "unethical"?!?  scratch 

I'm glad I was able to back this and I'm looking forward to it.  Will there be a crowdfund, Facebook page or somewhere to follow Eraserhead?

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by cailen Sat 4 Mar 2017 - 1:39

When you are in a band and you want to make an album,

the bandmembers and maybe or the record company or the owner of the studio

needs or has to pay for:

- Instruments (guitars, drums,...)
- Equipment for the instruments (Effects for distortion ...,
   Boxes, Speakers, cables, strings ...)

- Studiotime, rent for the rooms,
- Producer
- Studioequipment
- Recordingequipment
- Software and hardware for recording...

- The design / designer of the cover
- Bandphotos / photographer
- Design of the inlay / booklet ...

- Pressing / manufactoring of the physical cd or vinyl

- iTunes, amazon ... if you want to offer your music for
  download

...and so on...

guys these are thousands of dollars that have to be invested
       before you even have a product.

And who pays these bills?

The musicians do this because of their love for the art and music and for the fans for sure. But it is also a buisness because of the things said before.

When you give something like music, money, love, whatever else to the people you should also get something in return.

We are used to pay. That´s how it works.

Lot of people think that you become very rich in the music industry.

I know bands that tour the whole word many many weeks
and sell thousands of CDs that have not become very rich.

Metal buisness is not the buisness of people like Britney Spears or Michael Jackson.
cailen
cailen
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 5 Mar 2017 - 15:29

Wow! What a great video! I couldn't agree more with Jimmy. It was a right in your face answer, without being rude.

Everything I could say it is already in the video. The only information I can add is that Jimmy, Jim and Victor are undoubtedly gifted musicians. They are putting their talent and their time in this project and this lonely fact already make a crowdfunding project justifiable.

Fortuntely, while we have a small group making bad judment on people's intentions, more than 200 guys helped this project to get 70% funded.

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Mon 6 Mar 2017 - 10:09

I just don't do these kinds of things. I've never done a crowdfunding project ever. When I saw this, I just figured I'd buy when it came out.

UNTIL...

I watched that video above where JPB addresses some nasty emails. He makes his case so compellingly in that short video that I just went and backed the project. I am excited for this, and I was willing to spend the money anyway. His passion for the art really shines through. The little snippet at the beginning sure sounds good too!!
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 6 Mar 2017 - 10:23

Follower of Jesus wrote:I just don't do these kinds of things. I've never done a crowdfunding project ever. When I saw this, I just figured I'd buy when it came out.

UNTIL...

I watched that video above where JPB addresses some nasty emails. He makes his case so compellingly in that short video that I just went and backed the project. I am excited for this, and I was willing to spend the money anyway. His passion for the art really shines through. The little snippet at the beginning sure sounds good too!!
\O/\O/\O/\O/

Really nice attitude, bro.

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe Tue 7 Mar 2017 - 22:44

Okay Deliverance fans, here is the campaign schedule of release. In other words, this is when you can expect your new stuff to be delivered and everything in between. By the end of March: Bass and Drum tracks complete, Rhythm guitar to have started. Middle of April : Rhythm guitars done! Vocals have started. By the end of April : Leads finalized! All tracks are complete and the mixing process begins. Beginning of May: Mix finished and tracks are shipped off to be mastered.Early May: Finalized product is sent for CD & Vinyl production. Late to end of May( beginning of June? ) : Download codes will be sent and all Perks will be shipped & fulfilled. - Jim Chaffin

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by kethdredd Wed 8 Mar 2017 - 15:21

I'd love to know where they are getting a 1 month turnaround on vinyl.  I'm guessing they haven't researched that yet.

kethdredd
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe Thu 9 Mar 2017 - 10:10

Since we are speculating on the guitarist, I figured I would throw out some fitting album titles as well.

1. Pulling Down of Strongholds
2. Return to Form
3. No Joke

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Thu 9 Mar 2017 - 10:15

4. High Places
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe Sat 11 Mar 2017 - 7:54

97% funded with 16 hours left.  That's what happens when you give the people what they want.

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Galations6.7 Sat 11 Mar 2017 - 8:05

I think the t-shirt art is fabulous. It's one of the reasons I bought "The Whole Enchilada" package
Galations6.7
Galations6.7
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by arttieTHE1manparty Sat 11 Mar 2017 - 11:28

I think they'll make it...

Arttie
arttieTHE1manparty
arttieTHE1manparty
The Strongest Man In The World
The Strongest Man In The World

http://www.Glitter2Gutter.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Shred A Lot Sat 11 Mar 2017 - 12:09

arttieTHE1manparty wrote:I think they'll make it...

Arttie

Yep, they have made it. Somebody did the $1000 guitar.

Sir Shred A Lot
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by bodachi Sat 11 Mar 2017 - 12:22

BOOYA 101%!
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Sat 11 Mar 2017 - 16:53

We did it!
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Sat 11 Mar 2017 - 19:58

Well, we did our job. Jimmy, Jim, Victor, and Guitarist to be named later... get to work!   Very Happy
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Sun 12 Mar 2017 - 5:32

metaldude wrote:Well, we did our job. Jimmy, Jim, Victor, and Guitarist to be named later... get to work!   Very Happy

Thumbs up   Metal 1
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmypbrownii Sun 12 Mar 2017 - 6:03

Hey Guys...

THANKS SO MUCH for helping spread the word!!!

I was so blown away to see we reached 105%!!!

Like I said, there goes my country album out the window... ;-)

This is going to be a long time coming album!!! Can't wait for Tuesday... The boys are flying in... Then Wednesday the process begins........

Deliverance in Alabama... If somebody would've told me this when I was recording the first album in 1989, I would've laughed and said "not in this lifetime"...

LOL... Never say Never... Which goes to say "the thrash days of Deliverance are gone"...

Never say Never... :-)

We will be doing FB live throughout the recording process... 

Thank you ALL again... We will see you soon...

JPBII

jimmypbrownii
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next