The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Believer - old school thrash live show!!

+5
petrafan007
Friday13th
Black Rider
Airola
FreeRangeBeliever
9 posters

Go down

Believer - old school thrash live show!!  Empty Believer - old school thrash live show!!

Post by FreeRangeBeliever Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:07 am

Wow! Watched this yesterday...
So awesome to see them play thrash again...
Seeing a few old classics in there too - eg Sanity Obsure, Tormented,Wisdom's call..
And Kurt's vocals sound fantastic at times...

Enjoy!
FreeRangeBeliever
FreeRangeBeliever
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Believer - old school thrash live show!!  Empty Re: Believer - old school thrash live show!!

Post by Airola Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:37 am

Oh my! :O

This was awesome!
Man, Joey Daub and Kurt Bachman are MACHINES..

It's great to see ANY new live show material from them but it's even better that they are fully embracing their FAST THRASH skills here. Every song in this set is at least partly super fast thrash - yes, even all the songs here that were picked from their last two albums are the fast songs in those albums.

Here's the set list:

The Need for Conflict (from Gabriel 2006)
Ego Machine (from Transhuman 2011)
Tormented (from Extraction from Mortality 1989)
Wisdom's Call (from Sanity Obscure 1990)
Sanity Obscure (from Sanity Obscure 1990)
Re-Animation (a Sacrifice cover from 1987)
Medwton (from Gabriel 2006)

I loved the whole set. Amazing stuff! Fantastic choices from the new albums too. Everytime I pick certain songs to listen from Gabriel and Transhuman they include these songs played in this show.

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Believer - old school thrash live show!!  Empty Re: Believer - old school thrash live show!!

Post by FreeRangeBeliever Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:44 am

Yes, loved the song selection... There are still some great faster songs on Gabriel and Transhuman...  the whole set was great!! I was headbanging like the old days again...lol
As I said, Kurt's vocals sounded great!! You could tell the crowd was loving it..
Hope they play more shows like this.
FreeRangeBeliever
FreeRangeBeliever
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:25 am

Nice set.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:08 pm

"Sanity Obscure" never gets old. Dang, Kurt sounds the exact same!
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by petrafan007 Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:33 pm

It was worth the $20 admission price and a 3 hour drive. That's me standing in the bottom center-right. That's also me yelling nerdy and obnoxious things such as, "Play mindsteps, it's so brutal!" and "I'm too fat for this shirt---goal shirt" (reference to the free Believer shirts they were giving out...I got an XL shirt but my size is 2XL). Good times.

petrafan007
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by bassdude Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:02 pm

I remember seeing them at Cornerstone in '91, I think....they don't sound much different here, so big props for still being able to pull off your material live.
I hate when bands sound great recorded, but suck at live shows.
bassdude
bassdude
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by FreeRangeBeliever Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:36 am

petrafan007 wrote:It was worth the $20 admission price and a 3 hour drive. That's me standing in the bottom center-right. That's also me yelling nerdy and obnoxious things such as, "Play mindsteps, it's so brutal!" and "I'm too fat for this shirt---goal shirt" (reference to the free Believer shirts they were giving out...I got an XL shirt but my size is 2XL). Good times.

Yes, I heard your ''Play mindsteps" comment.. Laughing
Good song off a great album....but they were playing mainly old school thrash and any newish tracks were of the faster type.
FreeRangeBeliever
FreeRangeBeliever
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigeon Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:16 am

That was amazing. I've watched it twice already. The band was very tight and Kurt's vocals and guitars were spot on. Unbelievable live performance for music that fast and technical.
Wigeon
Wigeon
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:36 pm

That's pretty awesome ! They sound great live !
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:08 pm

Good show!  Thanks for sharing!

Needs more old songs though.  And none from Dimensions?
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:31 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:Good show!  Thanks for sharing!

Needs more old songs though.  And none from Dimensions?

I recall there is only one fast song in Dimensions: Singularity.
I guess they could've played that one though but I really love both songs from Gabriel so I wouldn't have wanted them to replace either of them with Singularity. Maybe if they would've left out the cover song they could've include that in this set. But then again, that cover was killer too!

Anyways, what an amazing show this was... Tourniquet is my all time favorite band so I hate to say that Tourniquet hasn't had this good live show since 90's and compared to this show they have been really sloppy as a live band.. This Believer show kinda set a standard to what old thrash bands should still be able to do.

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:00 am

Anyways, what an amazing show this was... Tourniquet is my all time favorite band so I hate to say that Tourniquet hasn't had this good live show since 90's and compared to this show they have been really sloppy as a live band.. This Believer show kinda set a standard to what old thrash bands should still be able to do.

Agreed!
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by FreeRangeBeliever Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:22 am

Wigeon wrote:That was amazing. I've watched it twice already. The band was very tight and Kurt's vocals and guitars were spot on. Unbelievable live performance for music that fast and technical.

Yeah, I've watched it twice too...and will watch again.
Kurt's vocals were in great form...some people can't stand his style but i love it... 
I especially loved seeing the track Tormented live ...always loved the lyrics to that..and they really mean alot to me as I'm going
through a tough time in life right now.
FreeRangeBeliever
FreeRangeBeliever
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:37 pm

FreeRangeBeliever wrote:
Wigeon wrote:That was amazing. I've watched it twice already. The band was very tight and Kurt's vocals and guitars were spot on. Unbelievable live performance for music that fast and technical.

Yeah, I've watched it twice too...and will watch again.
Kurt's vocals were in great form...some people can't stand his style but i love it... 
I especially loved seeing the track Tormented live ...always loved the lyrics to that..and they really mean alot to me as I'm going
through a tough time in life right now.

Yeah, I liked Kurt's vocals in the original three albums but I've loved the singing style he's had since Gabriel. It's surprisingly high-pitched compared to the old vocals and they could be bad but there's something very special in the way he belts out the vocals. It's as if letting it go and belting out the vocals in that style removes whatever imaginary barries he might normally have in his vocal delivery.

He doesn't try to sound like something. He doesn't imitate anyone. He just lets himself sound the way he sounds. Not only his guitar playing is phenomenal but he can also sing at the same time and not lose even an ounce of charisma while doing that.

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:54 pm

He doesn't imitate anyone.

You sure?  Everyone has their influences.  How about the guys from Sacrifice and Destruction?
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:38 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
He doesn't imitate anyone.

You sure?  Everyone has their influences.  How about the guys from Sacrifice and Destruction?

I thought to mention he sounds like the vocalist for Destruction sounds (or used to sound - not sure what they sound like now), but I still don't think he is trying to imitate him. I think it's perhaps because his harsh vocals have been completely different in every album until Gabriel and Transhuman. Or maybe it's because that kind of a sound isn't used very often and that makes it feel it comes more from what he would naturally sound.

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down