The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deliverance crowdfunding old-school thrash album

+36
Troublezone
Galations6.7
kethdredd
Sir Shred A Lot
stevegarveyfan
ludey7
eatbugs
jimmypbrownii
FreeRangeBeliever
alldatndensum
arttieTHE1manparty
MikeInFla
average joe
Follower of Jesus
grandeped
crucifyd
mr.electric40
bjorn agin
New Creation
deathisgain
exact33
ReckonedDead
bigtreads
Pershing1134
cailen
Lex Metalis
Temple of Blood
metaldude
jeffcorpse
bodachi
strangerhoncho
Hardcore Christian
lhversaw
My Awesome Timothy
Black Rider
Airola
40 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Deliverance crowdfunding old-school thrash album Empty Deliverance crowdfunding old-school thrash album

Post by Airola Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:36 am

This video was posted on Jimmy's Youtube channel. There's no link to the Indiegogo-project yet, at least that I know of, but I guess it will come up later.
Jimmy Brown and Jim Chaffin is saying on the video that they are going to record an old-school thrash album for people who've been into them since the Greetings of Death days and they are going to crowdfund it on Indiegogo.

If the tune that's heard in the background of that video is an example of what is coming, I think we might be in for a treat.

EDIT:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/deliverance-2017-music#/
There's the link to the Indiegogo campaign in case someone interested misses it in the later posts.

Last edited by Airola on Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Airola
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Deliverance crowdfunding old-school thrash album Empty Re: Deliverance crowdfunding old-school thrash album

Post by Black Rider Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:17 pm

That would be cool.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Deliverance crowdfunding old-school thrash album Empty Re: Deliverance crowdfunding old-school thrash album

Post by My Awesome Timothy Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:40 pm

Really excited for this!!!
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by lhversaw Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:24 pm

I have known about this upcoming album for a while now.  I will back this once the link goes up
lhversaw
lhversaw
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:37 pm

lhversaw wrote:I have known about this upcoming album for a while now.  I will back this once the link goes up

Yeah, I think Jimmy has talked about it at least a couple of times before in his Youtube videos. But as far as I know, this is the first time he has confirmed the overall style of the album. I recall him and George Ochoa saying they were doing some thrash songs and I think Ochoa even went so far to say the new album will be done in the vein of Weapons. But I think Jimmy didn't really confirm that and perhaps even backpedaled a bit. But now it seems official that the album will be full on old-school thrash instead a bit of everything from the history of Deliverance.

Honestly, I'm a bit disappointed that it will be crowdfunded and especially that it will be crowdfunded on Indiegogo. It means there is a possibility that it will never get enough funding and I think Indiegogo is inferior to Kickstarter and it's probably going to be harder to get people on Indiegogo than what it is to get people on Kickstarter.
But I will hope the best. I'm very excited of this project. If the clip playing in the background of that video is a sample of what's to come, it really gets my hopes quite high. The faster thrash riff has a bit of the same sharp edge to it what the best thrash riffs on Weapons and What a Joke have.

Airola
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:21 pm

Airola wrote:Honestly, I'm a bit disappointed that it will be crowdfunded and especially that it will be crowdfunded on Indiegogo. It means there is a possibility that it will never get enough funding and I think Indiegogo is inferior to Kickstarter and it's probably going to be harder to get people on Indiegogo than what it is to get people on Kickstarter.
Indiegogo gives you the money even i you dont make the goal, Destroy The Runner last year only raised 6k of a 15k goal and made an EP

Decyfer Down didnt make their initial goal on KickStarter and had to try again with a lower goal

The Letter Black are also on KickStarter and are 5k away from their goal with 7 days left, they may have to try again as well

As for the new music, Im excited it gets me pretty giddy that I could be hearing new tunes similar to Weapons and What A Joke bounce

Hope this gets off the ground soon
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:13 am

Deliverance should have no problem hitting their goal.  Stavesacre and Tourniquet did easily.  It's not a problem for established bands with hardcore fans.

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by bodachi Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:30 am

Deliverance crowdfunding old-school thrash album Serveimage?url=http%3A%2F%2Fvignette2.wikia.nocookie.net%2Fmlp%2Fimages%2F9%2F94%2FShut_up_and_take_my_money
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by bodachi Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:36 am

bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:37 am

In the comments here what Jimmy said:

Fundraiser will be up shortly,... thank you for your continued support, and check our Facebook
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:38 am

Ya beat me to it!

Gosh darn Im broke, looks like I'll have to wait a bit before I contribute to this one!
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffcorpse Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:10 am

Definitely excited for this!
jeffcorpse
jeffcorpse
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:14 pm

Great news! Is George playing on this one?
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:41 pm

metaldude wrote:Great news! Is George playing on this one?
 I believe he is!!!
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:47 am

Is this their third or fourth promised "return to form we mean it this time" release?
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:28 am

metaldude wrote:Great news! Is George playing on this one?

No, he isn't
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by cailen Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:07 pm

I am looking very forward to this release!
cailen
cailen
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing1134 Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:57 am

Bring it!!!
Pershing1134
Pershing1134
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:21 am

I will certainly back it. I love the samples Jimmy played on his youtube chanel.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing1134 Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:35 pm

Almost 1/3 funded. Will definitely be joining this campaign after payday!
Pershing1134
Pershing1134
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:04 am

Unfortunately, there is no package for me, as I want a digital download, signed CD, T-Shirt, picks, sticks, heads, strings and maybe facetime with Deliverance. And maybe, a Vinyl would also be nice, as I have plans for purchasing a vinyl player.

If they had a package with all of this included, I would buy it. Though I can't see how it is possible to make a video call with Jimmy in just 20 minutes. You know, the guy talks a lot. LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:30 am

Thiago-Brazil wrote:Unfortunately, there is no package for me, as I want a digital download, signed CD, T-Shirt, picks, sticks, heads, strings and maybe facetime with Deliverance. And maybe, a Vinyl would also be nice, as I have plans for purchasing a vinyl player.

If they had a package with all of this included, I would buy it. Though I can't see how it is possible to make a video call with Jimmy in just 20 minutes. You know, the guy talks a lot. LOL

You could message them and voice your concerns!!!  lol!
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtreads Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:11 am

woo hoo laid down my $
bigtreads
bigtreads
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by ReckonedDead Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:31 pm

This is great. I will totally kick in some money to hear some new Deliverance.
ReckonedDead
ReckonedDead
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next