The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Website Building Mania!

5 posters

Go down

Website Building Mania! Empty Website Building Mania!

Post by ThomasEversole Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:31 am

Ok, the subject is a little extravagant, but I wanted to create a thread about websites you guys have made in the past.  It can be either dormant or dead - no obligation to post links; you can just tell us about it. 

I'm not talking about social media either - no no no.  This is in regards to sites built from scratch, blogs, etc. that aren't about you, but what you made.  Maybe you helped someone else build a website.  Since I'm sure there are a fair number of artists, hobbiests, talented people here - you may have had a blog or website selling something you made that is no longer your current project.

I'll start, and I think I've got a few weird ones.  These used to have domain names, but now just live in subfolders of my main domain name (ankouawaits.com), but can still be accessed if you know the URL.

Dakr Gremmil Mastering - A very crude page with a form regarding the audio mastering I used to do for people.  The form goes to an email that I no longer check.  :/
I'd still do some audio mastering for a forum mate or friend that needed help with it though.
_

Website Building Mania! Grimbanner1
GRIM Website
- Decorated for GRIM Vespers, when that came out in 2013.  Has a biography and other stuff about the project in general.
_

Website Building Mania! Tfokbanner
The Field of Kings
- Here's one of the strange ones.  I made a PSP Homebrew game, that also works in smartphone browsers (works great in Opera).  Its a weird point and click RPG made from Javascript.  Took 5 months to make with over 4000 images.  The object is exploration and killing this evil, and enemy encounters, you have to tap them in their "weak spot" (head, shoulder, tail, etc.) before they kill you.  I made the music for it too, if you like weird harpsichord-ish vampire sounding video game music.  (I say that because Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance was a huge influence in this piece I made)

There's also a video of the gameplay if you guys want to see. 
Spoiler:
_

Website Building Mania! Skullbanner
The Skull Necklace
- Ok, this one is weird too.  I wanted to make these clay skull necklaces and sell them.  I sold one and it was a flop, so I took down the domain name.  The site still works, as far as accepting payments I think?  ...but I wouldn't recommend trying to buy something from it.  I still have the necklaces I made, but I'm pretty sure there's zero interest in them.  LOL
_

Now you guys post your stuff!!!!!  Very Happy
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Website Building Mania! Empty Re: Website Building Mania!

Post by alldatndensum Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:21 am

I had built at one time a website for the community theater I was a member of.  We had cast photos of different shows, a page where we dressed in our current show's costumes to advertise the latest production, and even a way you could prebuy tickets to get in.  Back then, I used Homestead and programmed everything with a WYSIWYG format as I have no working HTML or other programming experience. 

I also did the Mission Of One website that I need to pull down as I am not really doing that right now.  I need to build a new one for my current blues project and just add a Mission Of One page to add to it.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:49 am

Back in 2004 I needed to build a website for a church that I pastored. Not knowing anything about web design, I did a quick search and found that you can design a website using Microsoft Word.

So, I created a bunch of different pages of Word with text and I inserted photos in various places on the pages. Saved them as .htm or .html (can't remember) and uploaded them to the host and then somehow linked them altogether.

I can't believe that actually worked! I remember later on viewing the source code of those pages and that was one convoluted mess!
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:49 am

I have a few pages promoting my stuff. It's been a long time since I've hard coded anything. All my stuff is done with WordPress now.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:28 am

Pages I have built:

Metal Blessing Radio - I officially took this site down back in February this year, fully designed the site from the ground up, it wasn't a very complicated site but It was around since 2008, the last version that I did built was in effect since about 2012 though I think.

Metal Blessing Radio Podcasts - This was a separate site on a subdomain (podcasts.metalblessingradio.com) where I posted recordings of my live shows as podcasts to be sent to iTunes. Again this was taken down shortly after the main MBR site

White Noise Radio - This site was also officially taken down early this year. This was my Christian dubstep radio station. It was still in its infancy when all the bad radio changes came down the pipe so it was a shame it had to go. Maybe one day I will bring it back as a podcast.

Eat. Compute. Love - This site was an IT tech blog I ran for about 2 years. I simply posted fixes and step by step guides to fixing various computer issues. I also posted some gaming and movie related stuff as well and even a few recipes. The name meant that the site talks about computers, food and other things that I like, hence Eat Compute Love, an obvious play on Eat Pray Love. To be honest the only reason I even started this site was to experiment with google adsense and try to make ad revenue. It took me 2 years to make $100 from ads, and at that point I wasn't posting content hardly ever.

Christian Grindcore - This site never actually launched. It was intended to become an all-encompassing wiki for Christian Grindcore. I also had considered doing something similar to what Grindcore Karaoke does.

Reanimated Radio - Now I did NOT build or design this site, someone else did but I now manage it

I had a few other sites when I was younger but these were sites that didn't have a domain and were with free site builders like Homestead etc which may not exist anymore.

Free Christian Metal - Ok this wasn't the name, but I actually don't remember what it was called. All I remember was it sometime between 2002 and maybe 2004, and I knew God was calling me to ministry in the Christian metal scene, but I had not yet figured out in what way. So I started a small site that had a "featured album" that changed whenever I felt like it. The main part of the site was that I had a section called "Free Music" that basically explained to users that if they were interested in Christian metal to email me and I would mail them a free mix CD of Christian metal. This was undoubtedly illegal, at the time I was oblivious though. I sent out a lot of CDs, sometimes international. It got expensive pretty quick.

ZQuest Games - When I was in highschool there was a game engine out there called ZQuest and it was basically a replica of the original Legend of Zelda on NES, with ZQuest you could construct your own custom game based on the textures and graphics of Zelda, you could also edit and create sprites. I had a page showcasing my games I was designing, none of which I ever finished, it was fun for a time though. I was working on my own Zelda campaign called "The Lost Beach" (kinda dumb name), I also was working on making a Mega Man game with the Zelda engine, which was proving pretty difficult. I think one day I just got tired of it and stopped.

I have two other sites related to Reanimated Radio now but we can call those "Internal use only" so I wont link them here.
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:28 am

Pretty interesting guys.  I code from scratch, which explains why all my websites look so similar.  LOL
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:01 am

ThomasEversole wrote:Pretty interesting guys.  I code from scratch, which explains why all my websites look so similar.  LOL

yeah the MBR site was done from scratch, now I've come to enjoy the power and flexibility of hosted Wordpress. Great thing with Wordpress is if you want you can edit the code and add what you want, which I have done a few times for Reanimated.
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:42 am

Blake wrote:Great thing with Wordpress is if you want you can edit the code and add what you want, which I have done a few times for Reanimated.

You can edit the code and add what you want from scratch too. LOL
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down