The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Building your CD collection....largest in your area....

+26
oldschooldoom
MikeInFla
Markus1987
Remnant_Militia
Gandalf the White
Blake
MadKraken
Hardcore Christian
Athanasius
shekkian
Zymologist
metaldude
bjorn agin
Throne of thorns
strangerhoncho
Deepfriar
Tombie
Pershing1134
WildWorld
Friday13th
d@v!d
eatbugs
alldatndensum
Parched Earth
Staybrite
Soldier777
30 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Building your CD collection....largest in your area.... Empty Building your CD collection....largest in your area....

Post by Soldier777 Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:24 pm

It seems like most people in this forum have a substantial Christian rock and metal collection ranging from 50 to thousands of records, CDs and maybe even cassettes and other related products. I am wondering to the best of your knowledge do you think you have one of the largest collections in your city, town or neighbourhood or among your circle of friends in your area? 

In my area, I think I have one of the larger collections. I have around 300 of  CDs, DVDs or BluRays, 90% being CDs and a few cassettes. I have a Petra book, a Michael Sweet book, a Stryper To Hell With the Devil black and white banner 3 feet by 5 feet, buttons of Joshua and Stryper, X-Sinner stickers, Petra and Michael Sweet Shirts and I have 2 Stryper shirts on order and I'm thinking of ordering a Stryper shirt .

There are 2 people that I can think if that have a substantial collection of both nonchristian and Christian music but I am not sure how much of it is Christian. My focus here is Christian music ranging from rock to heavy metal.

When compared to some of the members here, my collection is small. If I were to have every CD on my music list, my collection would be in the range of 375-400 CDs. To me it is not about the quantity of CDs but the quality - I buy what I will listen to.

Another question I have is do any of you sometimes have multiple orders placed at the same time? Right now I have 3: Roxx Productions for Deliverance Stay of Execution remastered and Once Dead, 2 Stryper shirts from the Stryper website and Idle Cure Inside Out and Eclipse, Halo and Fear not. Eventually I am going to be ordering the new Stryper live CD and Saint Warriors of the Son and Broad is the Gate. I am also in the process of hammering out a deal with another vendor that I a mix of a trade and a purchase.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by Soldier777 on Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Building your CD collection....largest in your area.... Empty Re: Building your CD collection....largest in your area....

Post by Staybrite Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:58 pm

At around a mere 500 cds I certainly have the largest collection among the local circle of people I know....all they all think I am some kind of freak.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Building your CD collection....largest in your area.... Empty Re: Building your CD collection....largest in your area....

Post by Parched Earth Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:10 pm

Over 1000 CDs.  But probably less than 200 are Christian metal.  I certainly have the most CDs in my circle of friends, but I know there are those with more.  I met a guy who had several thousand, and that was about 15 years ago.  I can't imagine what he has now.  I get an average of 1 CD a week and have for about 20 years.
Parched Earth
Parched Earth
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:31 pm

I have over 1000 CDs and 99.99% of it is Christian rock and metal.  However, I am about to start paring down the coolection and get rid of some of the stuff that never gets played or that I just cannot remember anything about.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:00 am

If you spend your time on a site like this you are probably serious about your music and have "one of the largest collections" in your circle of friends.  I do.  I know people with more overall but not Christian music. 

Mine is about 1300 (depending on how you count them) and it's probably 80% Christian and 20% Christian-friendly/Christians-in-a-band/mistaken-for-Christian/falsely-marketed-as-Christian.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:04 am

I will likely win the smallest collection. I probably have less than 20 Ch metal-hard rock albums.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:20 am

I have about 300 CD's but probably only like 50 of them are "Christian." Thosr 50 probably take more than their share of listening time, though.
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:32 am

I never counted, but i probably have over 450 (i actually have a bigger collection of cassette tapes). Only a handful of them are Christian metal though

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing1134 Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:05 am

Well, my collection is 35 years old and contains close to 3000 items, consisting mostly of CDs, cassettes and a few albums. It's a blend of Christian and secular music

And that's not including my DVDs, videos, shirts, magazines, posters, photos, etc. Cool

Yeah...I need to get a life...
Pershing1134
Pershing1134
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Tombie Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:47 am

I have nearly 6,000 Albums which about 75% are Christian but I think Scott and Dale are the biggest collectors in the CMR circle...
Tombie
Tombie
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.deadtoselfradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:34 am

If I could find someone in my area with a similar collection I'd have a new best friend. Maybe I'm just pretentious but I feel like I'm the only person in my city who has some of the extreme Christian metal that I have. I don't live in a major city but only a step down. We have four or five McD's if that gives you a picture.
Deepfriar
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:29 am

I used to have quite a bit but over the last couple of years I've down sized and pretty much gone digital with music and books. I'm talking a total of several thousand down to under 20, and what I have left is stuff that can't be replaced digitally, at least that I have found. The reason is I don't like clutter and that's what I considered having a massive collection sitting around to be, once the digital versions became widely available my physical collection was obsolete. I would consider myself though to have been exposed to more metal than most people in my area, I'm sure there are a few that have been around more, I mean we have 700,000 people here, I've just not met them. But very few have heard of Marduk let alone seen them live, just as an example

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:06 am

Pershing1134 wrote:Yeah...I need to get a life...

Who needs a life when you have metal? Twisted Evil

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:59 am

I used to have 3000 or so CDs, but sold them all when I moved 14 years ago.  Now I have 10,000 digital albums.  Much easier to manage and transport.

How would you even know what other people in your area have?  I never knew any Christian metal or even metal fans other than 2-3 people, but obviously there are hundreds of thousands of metal fans in the world.  Unless you've been in every person's house, this is a ridiculous question.

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Throne of thorns Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:12 am

Soldier777 wrote:It seems like most people in this forum have a substantial Christian rock and metal collection ranging from 50 to thousands of records, CDs and maybe even cassettes and other related products. I am wondering to the best of your knowledge do you think you have one of the largest collections in your city, town or neighbourhood or among your circle of friends in your area? 

In my area, I think I have one of the larger collections. I have around 300 of  CDs, DVDs or BluRays, 90% being CDs and a few cassettes. I have a Petra book, a Michael Sweet book, a Stryper To Hell With the Devil black and white banner 3 feet by 5 feet, buttons of Joshua and Stryper, X-Sinner stickers, Petra and Michael Sweet Shirts and I have 2 Stryper shirts on order and I'm thinking of ordering a Stryper shirt .

There are 2 people that I can think if that have a substantial collection of both nonchristian and Christian music but I am not sure how much of it is Christian. My focus here is Christian music ranging from rock to heavy metal.

When compared to some of the members here, my collection is small. If I were to have every CD on my music list, my collection would be in the range of 375-400 CDs. To me it is not about the quantity of CDs but the quality - I buy what I will listen to.

Another question I have is do any of you sometimes have multiple orders placed at the same time? Right now I have 3: Roxx Productions for Deliverance Stay of Execution remastered and Once Dead, 2 Stryper shirts from the Stryper website and Idle Cure Inside Out and Eclipse, Halo and Fear not. Eventually I am going to be ordering the new Stryper live CD and Saint Warriors of the Son and Broad is the Gate. I am also in the process of hammering out a deal with another vendor that I a mix of a trade and a purchase.

Any thoughts?
To me it is not about the quantity of CDs but the quality - I buy what I will listen to.

Great statement. Some people will buy anything and some of us only care about what actually matters most.
Throne of thorns
Throne of thorns
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by bjorn agin Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:31 am

Between my wife's collection (she got a good chunk of hers from when she was in radio and attended GMA week a couple times) and mine I'd say we have 400-500 CD's.

I gotta be honest, I'm at the point where I feel like I'm topping out on CD collecting. I've got a handful of new or soon to be released CD's I want to get. But gone are the days of the long list of CD's on my want list.
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:54 pm

Throne of thorns wrote:
Some people will buy anything and some of us only care about what actually matters most.

Some people are collectors (just like someone would collect coins or stamps), if they're in the financial situation to do that, God bless!  I have CDs I only listen to about once in five years, I never know if/when any of them will get listened to again, but I like to have them and I try never to buy anything I don't reasonably think I'll like.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:27 am

I have around 1500 cd's of which around 100 are christian..
I have around 500 vinyl albums of which 11 are christian..
I have around 150 cassettes of which 60 are Christian..

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:16 am

Between cds, cassettes, and digital, I'm between 900 and 1000 albums. About half is Christian, although that half is almost all I listen to. Among my circles, I definitely have the largest collection. Some of my friends consider me to be obsessed with metal. I just don't like anything else.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Zymologist Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:36 am

I think I have a bit over 400 CDs, probably about half of which is Christian. Numerically not super impressive (especially given present company), but I do own some real gems. The only people I know with even comparable CD collections are on sites like this.

Zymologist
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:38 pm

Zymologist wrote:I think I have a bit over 400 CDs, probably about half of which is Christian. Numerically not super impressive (especially given present company), but I do own some real gems. The only people I know with even comparable CD collections are on sites like this.

I can vouch for him. He specializes in the obscure.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by shekkian Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:18 pm

Probably between 1100 and 1200 cd's, +95% secular

shekkian
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Athanasius Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:37 pm

My collection is quite small by the standards of people here I see.  I'm not sure what the exact number is, but I'm guesstimating around 250 ..... maybe 275 tops.  Of those, less than 10 are metal and only one is Christian.

If you count digital, it would be much larger.  By the time I started getting into metal, I'd mostly stopped buying CD's, and by the time I started listening to Christian music, it had become even more seldom.  Nowadays the only time I buy CD's is when I can't find it in digital, or when it's a special edition with something not included on the digital, or when I pick them up cheap somewhere like a garage sale or a thrift shop.  My collection basically just gathers dust, and I should probably consider doing away with it.
Athanasius
Athanasius
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:55 pm

I have around 600
of which around
500 are CDs
80 or so Casettes
and like 15 - 20 DVDs/VHS
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MadKraken Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:57 am

I try to keep a narrow collector's domain, doing mainly Christian death, black, and grindcore. I have almost 80 CDs under that umbrella, which I thought was a lot until I started reading this thread, lol. I have a few friends with fairly sizable Christian metalcore libraries, but none that are into the more traditional metal genres (which pains me sometimes).
MadKraken
MadKraken
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next