The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Building your CD collection....largest in your area....

+26
oldschooldoom
MikeInFla
Markus1987
Remnant_Militia
Gandalf the White
Blake
MadKraken
Hardcore Christian
Athanasius
shekkian
Zymologist
metaldude
bjorn agin
Throne of thorns
strangerhoncho
Deepfriar
Tombie
Pershing1134
WildWorld
Friday13th
d@v!d
eatbugs
alldatndensum
Parched Earth
Staybrite
Soldier777
30 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Building your CD collection....largest in your area.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Building your CD collection....largest in your area....

Post by eatbugs Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:48 pm

Verbum Lux wrote:If you count digital, it would be much larger.

I don't see why not.  Music is music whatever format it's in.  I'm not sure what Soldier777's intent was with this thread but if you have full albums (not individual songs) in digital-only format it should count.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Building your CD collection....largest in your area.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Building your CD collection....largest in your area....

Post by Blake Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:35 am

I havent counted my physical CDs in many years so I have no idea, but I have ripped them all to mp3 and looking at my Library directory I have 14,019 tracks in Christian metal, and 300 tracks Christian Dubstep. However many albums that makes I do not know.
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf the White Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:15 pm

Total CD's is probably less than 100. Total albums is probably around 200. Total Christian is around 180, total hard rock/metal is probably about a dozen.
Gandalf the White
Gandalf the White
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:39 pm

240 just counted cds. Most of them are christian metal, but I hahve a few non-christian metal plus a few pop christian bamd that I used to be into years ago (some some third day and audio adrenaline). Plus 18 Dvd's of christian metal plus 4 t-shirts (deliverance, bloodgood, stryper and rob rock) plus at around 50 albuns bought on iTunes. I would rather to have cd's, but buying the mp3 is sooo much cheaper than import cds. Plus a couple of stickers, guitar picks and etc.

It reminded me when I entered the store to buy my first petra cd and noticed that there was lots of christian rock amd metal bands. After staring for almost half an hour, I wish I could have all of those mortification, bride, petra and guardian cds. And fortunately I was able to go so far away from my dreams. Cool memories.

Anyway, and I have been waiting for some orders. New Saint, deliverance rerelease, Ted Kirkpatrick kickstarter project...

Last edited by Thiago-Brazil on Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:53 pm

Soldier777 wrote:In my area, I think I have one of the larger collections. I have around 300 of  CDs, DVDs or BluRays, 90% being CDs and a few cassettes. I have a Petra book, a Michael Sweet book, a Stryper To Hell With the Devil black and white banner 3 feet by 5 feet, buttons of Joshua and Stryper, X-Sinner stickers, Petra and Michael Sweet Shirts and I have 2 Stryper shirts on order and I'm thinking of ordering a Stryper shirt .
Dude, what's the name of Petra's book? Do you have any idea where I could get a physical copy or an e-book?

Back to top Go down

Post by Remnant_Militia Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:34 pm

I think my collection stands at about 500 and something as well. I think about 60% is christian, I'm not sure. I started out with mostly christian albums. I have some hard to find christian rap albums and a couple rare christian metal vinyls (zao - blood and fire, p86 - picket fence, Norma Jean - box set).
Remnant_Militia
Remnant_Militia
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus1987 Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:37 am

I have over 500 cd:s, but it has been a while since I've counted them the last
Markus1987
Markus1987
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:07 am

No idea how many I have but I would say an upwards of several thousand. I started buying CD's in the mid 80's and have kept 90 % of what I bought, rarely trading or selling off. No time to count them all. Lost my cassettes years ago so I have none of those. I think I have around 300 vinyl records too, as my focus lately has been buying and collecting vinyl. I normally only buy CD's now if it is a band I really like (Saint) or if something catches my eye in the $5 bin at Walmart.

As for someone around here who has the most I would have to say Scott Waters. He has tons and TONS of CD's and vinyl.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:57 pm

Just over 28k combined
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by FreeRangeBeliever Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:16 pm

I probably have over 300-400...but don't get many albums anymore...mainly as i get older it doesn't mean as much to me. When i was younger I would obsessively arrange my cds and count them. Now in my 40s i just don't care that much.....I only get 5 to 10 albums a year these days...at most i guess.....
FreeRangeBeliever
FreeRangeBeliever
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Parched Earth Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:47 pm

oldschooldoom wrote:Just over 28k combined

Twenty-eight thousand?!  Whoa.  Where do you store all that?
Parched Earth
Parched Earth
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:08 pm

More than just one place. 

So glad that I decided to go digital years ago.
It was a labor of love transferring my vinyl and tapes to MP3.
Several hard drives to contain the collection.

Now trying to decide about cloud storage too.
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Through The Dark Radio Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:20 am

I'd say oldschooldoom, FishingD and Ultimatum probably have the largest collections of us all.
Through The Dark Radio
Through The Dark Radio
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:23 am

TrogDawn has a very impressive collection too
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Highway Star Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:37 pm

I recently sold off some of mine, but I have around 1300 cds, and 150 on vinyl.
Highway Star
Highway Star
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegarveyfan Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:56 pm

I have around 1,000 CDs and 200-300 demo cassettes.  The cassettes are about 100% Christian metal demos, but of the CDs, probably around 600 are metal.

Although there are probably quite a few people in my area with more music, I would venture to say that I probably have the largest Christian metal collection in my area.
stevegarveyfan
stevegarveyfan
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Through The Dark Radio Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:05 pm

Especially the Christian metal demos Shocked
Through The Dark Radio
Through The Dark Radio
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2