The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recently Watched Movies

+33
Driven
metaldude
WildWorld
Kerrick
Fundy
BearDad
Markus1987
PlaceOfASkull
srguenther
Nocturnal Servant
My Awesome Timothy
MikeInFla
Professor_Valconian
Athanasius
ChosenNightwolf
Andreas89
oldschooldoom
Hardcore Christian
KaramKaram
Staybrite
deathisgain
Machine Fish
New Creation
ThomasEversole
Peter who was Vaak
d@v!d
Superjuice
messiaen77
L8T
alldatndensum
TMLMKE
Deepfriar
sadvader
37 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Recently Watched Movies - Page 31 Empty Re: Recently Watched Movies

Post by New Creation Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:40 pm

Hardcore Christian wrote:
Kerrick wrote:^That's a fun one.  The sequels aren't as good but they're all still pretty enjoyable.
Dude I agree so far, just watched Lethal Weapon 2 and it was more comedic, I enjoyed the comedy, but the first movie was overall just better, the plot had a few annoying bits as well

Either way excited to watch 3 and 4

Watched an episode of the new TV show as well, I liked it a lot, gonna binge watch that after the movies Smile

All 4 are fantastic.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:13 pm

metaldude wrote:The Shack

This book/movie got brought up the other night at a family dinner and the conversation quickly turned a bit tense due to some of the more controversial aspects of it and the author (universalism, the Second Commandment, God's true character vs what was portrayed in the story, etc.).

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:45 pm

Kerrick wrote:
metaldude wrote:The Shack

This book/movie got brought up the other night at a family dinner and the conversation quickly turned a bit tense due to some of the more controversial aspects of it and the author (universalism, the Second Commandment, God's true character vs what was portrayed in the story, etc.).

I had no pre-determined opinions before seeing this movie. I had one person tell me the book is depressing. Another told me it was a good story of redemption. Other than that, I knew nothing. To be quite honest, I don't understand where the controversy lies.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:46 pm

The controversy lies with the "theology" of The Shack.  A bunch of folks got their feathers rustled when God the Father was depicted as a large black woman which, while obviously inconsistent with Scripture and potentially against the Second Commandment, is the least of the issues IMO.  I just did a quick internet search and found a few resources that may be helpful:

http://www.ltw.org/read/articles/2017/03/six-major-problems-with-the-shack

http://defendinginerrancy.com/the-shack-helpful-or-heretical/

https://albertmohler.com/2017/03/06/shack-missing-art-evangelical-discernment/

https://www.movieguide.org/news-articles/thirteen-heresies-in-the-shack.html

https://www.challies.com/book-reviews/the-shack-by-william-p-young/

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:40 pm

I don't want to derail the thread... I'll PM you.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:23 pm

Cool.  Cool

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:18 pm

Thor Ragnarok. By far the best super hero movie in my book. Absolutely loved it.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:29 am

Justice League - Overall I enjoyed this movie.  It isn't the best of the superhero films but isn't the worst.  The villian seems a bit rushed, but that is just to push the characters to join together as a team.  Sadly, you don't get much in the way of origin stories, but WB is trying to use the team up to launch the other films where Marvel/Disney built the stories and then constructed a team.

Thor Ragnarok. By far the best super hero movie in my book. Absolutely loved it.

Both this and Spiderman Homecoming were big letdowns for me.  Thor is now a smartmouthed jokester just all of a sudden?  I would have expected all his jokes from Tony Stark.  It felt forced especially since Thor has been more of the straight-forward get down to business kind of guy thus far.  Also, the funniest bits were already ruined in the trailer.

Spiderman was still wrong despite Marvel getting involved.  Where were Spidey's spider senses?  His reliance on Stark technology over the use of spider senses was more out of character than Tobey Macquire's webs coming out of his wrist (which makes more sense if he is truly genetically infused with spider DNA now).

I am starting to think that Marvel is starting to show signs of "jumping the shark" and wearing itself out.  The storytelling, at least to me, is getting weaker as we go as we see with the new Thor and Spiderman films.  When you leave out imporant character details, hide the identity of major side characters (the quick switch of the young lady to M.J.), and turn serious characters into comedians, it shows they are feeling like they've run out of great ideas.  In a couple of years when they try to sneak in the modern comic book equivalents (Jane Foster as Thor, Riri Williams as Iron Man, and Miles Mprales as Spiderman) to try to be more diverse and shake the audiences up who have grown tired of the genre, I think we will see a stark drop in number of ticket sales as the general populace will not really accept the shift.  I think this is what Marvel is planning since they have stated that there really isn't a Phase 4 for these films.  To really do something new, the big switcheroo is coming as these newer films just lack the luster of their predecessors in my opinion.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:58 am

Actually, I've heard that there will be an animated Spider-Man movie (not sure if it'll be part of the MCU, but likely not) which will star Miles Morales. That might be a way to ease fans into the transition, but I doubt they'll make Miles the new Spidey that soon anyway. Plus, Marvel does have plans for the future with the Black Panther and Captain Marvel films.

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:47 pm

alldatndensum wrote:Both this and Spiderman Homecoming were big letdowns for me.  Thor is now a smartmouthed jokester just all of a sudden?  I would have expected all his jokes from Tony Stark.  It felt forced especially since Thor has been more of the straight-forward get down to business kind of guy thus far.  Also, the funniest bits were already ruined in the trailer.

I didn't see Thor as a jokester as much as being the butt of some jokes. His character has evolved over the movies. If you watch the first one, he was cocky and got taken down for that. He seems like he may have some back a bit in some aspects. And there were plenty of funny bits in that movie. Some were hysterical and had me laughing out loud..
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:31 pm

Well, that's another thing.  I don't expect a comedy all the way through a Marvel hero film.  I expect some comedy.  This one seemed like it existed more to parody the series rather than add to it.  For me, it is my least favorite of all the Avengers films.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:43 pm

This weekend we watched the 1974 version of Murder On The Orient Express.  It's a fun flick.  I'm grateful no one had ever spoiled the ending of it for me which made the finale/review more exciting.  That being said...

SPOILER!!!:

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:31 am

WildWorld wrote:Actually, I've heard that there will be an animated Spider-Man movie (not sure if it'll be part of the MCU, but likely not) which will star Miles Morales. That might be a way to ease fans into the transition, but I doubt they'll make Miles the new Spidey that soon anyway. Plus, Marvel does have plans for the future with the Black Panther and Captain Marvel films.

That would work for younger generations.  However, I don't think that a lot of older fans will like it when they make the transitions.  I am familiar with these characters but not the new generation and therefore feel no connection to them at all.  So, when they do the ol' switcheroo, I am done with the superehero genre.  I might be wrong, but I feel that the movies would be more profitable with the more well known characters in the suits.  But, perhaps diversity for the sake of being PC will prevail.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:23 pm

Dark Tower
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:34 am

metaldude wrote:Dark Tower
Currently working my way through the book series (just finished book 5,so there's only 2 more to go) so i'm planning on checking out this one once I finish the books.

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:08 pm

WildWorld wrote:
metaldude wrote:Dark Tower
Currently working my way through the book series (just finished book 5,so there's only 2 more to go) so i'm planning on checking out this one once I finish the books.

Don't forget the 8th book "The Wind Through the Keyhole".  Not necessary for the overall story line but still a great read.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:15 pm

Loved Justice League!

Just got back from watching it and I can not believe all the critics and people that dont like it!

I loved the chemistry, and I feel that with the Flash and Cyborg we got the just of their origins and now we can move on
I loved the scenes between WW and Batman, it was cool to see them interacting trying to decide on leadership issues

Steppenwolf, I felt was a good villain, we get the motivation behind his actions and we see him as a forerunner for Darkseid

I think Aquaman was my favorite of all the new characters, my favorite scene was definitely with the lasso of truth

The CGI was not that bad or overused IMO

[color=#000000]SPOILERS[/color]:
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:45 am

Hardcore Christian wrote:Loved Justice League!

Just got back from watching it and I can not believe all the critics and people that dont like it!

I loved the chemistry, and I feel that with the Flash and Cyborg we got the just of their origins and now we can move on
I loved the scenes between WW and Batman, it was cool to see them interacting trying to decide on leadership issues

Steppenwolf, I felt was a good villain, we get the motivation behind his actions and we see him as a forerunner for Darkseid

I think Aquaman was my favorite of all the new characters, my favorite scene was definitely with the lasso of truth

The CGI was not that bad or overused IMO

[color=#000000]SPOILERS[/color]:

I enjoyed it!  I didn't think it was as good as the first Avengers movie.  Part of that, though, is that they haven't built up the hype for this movie with individual origin story movies.  Still I thought the movie was fun and did a good job of setting up further films in the franchise.  I felt that the villian was a tad rushed, though.

I do hope that the studio releases a director's cut of this film.  I know that Joss Whedon came in and did some reshoots to make the story a bit lighter.  However, original director Zack Snyder was able to show the film to movie studio executives and they ordered that the movie be kept under two hours.  That means that there was a lot cut out as Snyder's version clocked in at 3 hours.  I hope they release this like they did with Batman Vs. Superman.  The director's cut of that movie made the film seem so different as they did a much better job of explaining why DC's two most popular characters were fighting in the first place.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:12 am

Shot Caller
Miracle on 34th Street
A Cure for Wellness
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:04 pm

metaldude wrote:Shot Caller

I heard this was good.  What did you think of it?  It looked pretty brutal/intense.

Best Buy had Don't Breathe on sale for cheap and I heard it was good so I bought it.  It's pretty decent and quite suspenseful in parts.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:57 pm

Watched Lethal Weapon 3 last night

I liked it better than the second one!

More moments between Murtaugh and Riggs, which is what I think the second one lacked
Also a bit less of Joe Pesci which is a very good thing

I liked the introduction of Rene Russo's character she was a good fresh face to add to the franchise
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:40 pm

Kerrick wrote:
metaldude wrote:Shot Caller

I heard this was good.  What did you think of it?  It looked pretty brutal/intense.

Best Buy had Don't Breathe on sale for cheap and I heard it was good so I bought it.  It's pretty decent and quite suspenseful in parts.

I was pleasantly surprised by Shot Caller. It does get pretty bloody in places, but it's worth checking out. 

I agree with Don't Breathe. I enjoyed that one as well.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:33 pm

^Yeah Shot Caller looked like it might be pretty brutal.  I might watch it if I get the chance though.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:39 am

Transformers: The Last Knight
Arsenic and Old Lace
Hickok
Santa Clause 2
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:15 pm

And finally watched Lethal Weapon 4

I feel it was a lot more tired of a movie, thought it was a solid end to a great franchise, Jet Li was a good villain but the story was kinda meh, and a lot of the past characters didn't have much to do, Chris Rock was solid in it, his scenes with Joe Pesci were pretty hilarious

Would have to be the weakest of the franchise for me
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next