The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tourniquet currently auditioning for a vocalist

+16
cailen
exo
Temple of Blood
Superjuice
deathisgain
sentient 6
Hardcore Christian
bjorn agin
Kerrick
ThomasEversole
crucifyd
stevegarveyfan
strangerhoncho
Machine Fish
TheOldMan2084
Airola
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Tourniquet currently auditioning for a vocalist Empty Tourniquet currently auditioning for a vocalist

Post by Airola Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:03 pm

Ted wrote this on Facebook a couple of hours ago:

The Tourniquet lead vocalist position is now open for auditions. Although we have a few excellent singers in mind, we first would like to see who might be out there. It’s interesting that several very well known bands have done the same – most recently Stone Temple Pilots.
We’re open to either a vocalist or a vocalist/guitarist (think Michael Sweet, Dave Mustaine, etc.). Also, the ability to sing and do some thrash vocals is a big plus, but not required.
To audition, choose and download from https://tourniquet.bandcamp.com two to four tracks to sing over instrumental “voiceless” versions – at least one each from Antiseptic Bloodbath and Onward to Freedom. Then upload your video audition to YouTube on the “unlisted” setting. Email the link to tourniqt@aol.com and we’ll check it out. If you were in an established band and have footage on YouTube and are interested, send us a link. The next Tourniquet album will be a great showcase for the right vocalist – and we look forward to future live shows - now let’s hear what you got! - Ted

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Tourniquet currently auditioning for a vocalist Empty Re: Tourniquet currently auditioning for a vocalist

Post by TheOldMan2084 Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:39 am

Hope the find the right guy (or gal). I'm really interested to see how Tourniquet will sound without Luke Easter. I wasn't really a fan of Onward To Freedom so if that's the direction Ted will be going, I may have to get off here. 

I hear Guy Ritter isn't doing anything these days... lol!
TheOldMan2084
TheOldMan2084
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Tourniquet currently auditioning for a vocalist Empty Re: Tourniquet currently auditioning for a vocalist

Post by Machine Fish Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:15 am

I'm personally looking forward to someone new. A new vocalist/guitarist would really be awesome.
Machine Fish
Machine Fish
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://linktr.ee/nathanKmcwilliams

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:38 pm

Stand-out thrash metal vocalists with any personality are extremely tough to come by, but I hope for the best!  Maybe I'll finally be able to become a fan again.

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegarveyfan Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:14 am

Yeahhhhh, I wonder if Guy Ritter could return to the fold.  I think that would be asking too much, but man oh man.  If that were to happen, I would throw away all my other CDs and just listen to this one.  Guy possesses one of my favorite metal voices of all time.
stevegarveyfan
stevegarveyfan
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:33 am

stevegarveyfan wrote:Guy possesses one of my favorite metal voices of all time.

...this
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:13 pm

I'm half tempted to do an audition exclusively with the most brutal black metal vocals I can.

The only thing more rewarding than the thought of getting a Tourniquet currently auditioning for a vocalist 0k6Hy1I_sfYv1tkIhIz7 from normal music listeners, is the thought of getting a Tourniquet currently auditioning for a vocalist 0k6Hy1I_sfYv1tkIhIz7 from normal metalheads. AAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:20 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:I'm half tempted to do an audition exclusively with the most brutal black metal vocals I can.

The only thing more rewarding than the thought of getting a Tourniquet currently auditioning for a vocalist 0k6Hy1I_sfYv1tkIhIz7 from normal music listeners, is the thought of getting a Tourniquet currently auditioning for a vocalist 0k6Hy1I_sfYv1tkIhIz7 from normal metalheads.  AAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Tourniquet currently auditioning for a vocalist Giphy

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by bjorn agin Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:51 am

Tourniquet has always been about having a mix of clean and brutal vocal delivery. Whoever takes up the reins next would need to deliver that. So Thomas, if you can fill that bill, go for it.

Of course the band traditionally has used two singers to accomplish the mix with Guy and Gary and then later Luke and Aaron.
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:34 pm

bjorn agin wrote:Tourniquet has always been about having a mix of clean and brutal vocal delivery. Whoever takes up the reins next would need to deliver that. So Thomas, if you can fill that bill, go for it.

Nah. If I did it, it would be 100% the harshest black metal vocals I could muster.
Black, my heart is.

They'd either love it, or Tourniquet currently auditioning for a vocalist 0k6Hy1I_sfYv1tkIhIz7. Either would be extremely satisfying to me.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Fish Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:00 pm

I'd be up for anything different. The thing I love most about Tourniquet and Ted are that there is all ways something interesting about every album. (to me that is) I even liked Onwards to Freedom. Bringing Marty Friedman in on Stereotaxic Atrocities was amazing.
Machine Fish
Machine Fish
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://linktr.ee/nathanKmcwilliams

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:56 am

If you like Onward to Freedom but are not partial to the vocals, check out the voiceless version, really good:

https://tourniquet.bandcamp.com/album/onward-to-freedom-voiceless
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:45 pm

TheOldMan2084 wrote:I hear Guy Ritter isn't doing anything these days...
Man, that's my one wish, is for him to come back and do just one more album!
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:07 pm

Whoever they get, I hope its a more traditional metal styled vocalist rather than a " core " vocalist.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by bjorn agin Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:32 pm

sentient 6 wrote:Whoever they get, I hope its a more traditional metal styled vocalist rather than a " core " vocalist.

This.

It'd be great to find a vocalist that has some range.
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:49 pm

bjorn agin wrote:

..one can only hope.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:07 pm

Maybe Les Carlsen can fill in again. Very Happy
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:45 pm

deathisgain wrote:Maybe Les Carlsen can fill in again. Very Happy

I'd be down with that.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:57 pm

I love Les Carlsen, he's made for Bloodgood, but he was totally wrong for the Tourniquet version of the Intense Live Series. It's on the list of ruined-for-me-because-of-the-vocals records along with Inhabit and Non-existent by LS...
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:03 pm

crucifyd wrote:
stevegarveyfan wrote:Guy possesseD one of my favorite metal voices of all time.

...this
Fixed. I doubt if Guy could bring it anymore.  When was the last time he even recorded? Quit living in a pipe dream.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:50 pm

crucifyd wrote:If you like Onward to Freedom but are not partial to the vocals, check out the voiceless version, really good:

https://tourniquet.bandcamp.com/album/onward-to-freedom-voiceless

Interesting.  I see they also have Antiseptic Bloodbath without vocals.  Not sure if the music is interesting enough anymore without any vocals, but I'll have to give them each a listen and see.

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:59 pm

Listening to these without vocals, I'm also made aware of my other two pet peeves with latter-day Tourniquet:  a lack of different guitar tones, and the same slow to mid-tempos for just about every song.  The thing that gave early Tourniquet so much energy was the incredible variety of tones and tempos.  They were full of surprises.  Now they're just kinda like smooth jazz thrash or elevator music thrash.  Musically adept, but boring and predictable most of the time. 

I guess it's good as background music when I want to write or concentrate and don't want the music distracting me at all.

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TheOldMan2084 Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:23 am

"Elevator Music Thrash" is the name of my next band.  Laughing
TheOldMan2084
TheOldMan2084
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:40 am

crucifyd wrote:I love Les Carlsen, he's made for Bloodgood, but he was totally wrong for the Tourniquet version of the Intense Live Series. It's on the list of ruined-for-me-because-of-the-vocals records along with Inhabit and Non-existent by LS...

I actually loved the Intense Live Tourniquet album with Les. But I was jesting.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:18 pm

bjorn agin wrote:
sentient 6 wrote:Whoever they get, I hope its a more traditional metal styled vocalist rather than a " core " vocalist.

This.

Those certainly don't grow on trees!  Especially ones that play guitar well enough to play for Tourniquet.

I think it's pretty safe to say that whoever they get will not get to write much at all or get paid so it makes you wonder why someone would want to do it.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next