The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ripper Owens to be the main vocalist for Tourniquet's Gazing at Medusa

+8
Temple of Blood
deathisgain
FreeRangeBeliever
bjorn agin
Frozen Fire
Bahana
metaldude
Airola
12 posters

Go down

Ripper Owens to be the main vocalist for Tourniquet's Gazing at Medusa Empty Ripper Owens to be the main vocalist for Tourniquet's Gazing at Medusa

Post by Airola Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:02 am

Not kidding.
Ted just announced it. He'll be doing the vocals for the rest of the album.

I wonder if he'll be doing some live shows too. Would be really cool to see him sing some Guy Ritter classics!

While this news is pretty hilarious in that Owens seems to be the ultimate band-to-band session singer and it's funny to see him end up in Tourniquet, it's still really cool as he is pretty phenomenal vocalist. I'm sure the songs in the new album will now have some fierce vocals.

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Ripper Owens to be the main vocalist for Tourniquet's Gazing at Medusa Empty Re: Ripper Owens to be the main vocalist for Tourniquet's Gazing at Medusa

Post by metaldude Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:19 am

I like Ripper's voice. I'm intrigued.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Ripper Owens to be the main vocalist for Tourniquet's Gazing at Medusa Empty Re: Ripper Owens to be the main vocalist for Tourniquet's Gazing at Medusa

Post by Bahana Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:37 am

Onward To Gazing at Medusa
Bahana
Bahana
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:41 pm

Bahana wrote:Onward To Gazing at Medusa
I said some of what I felt in the other thread but this sums up my feelings on the band aspect.

For the band: I'm disappointed this is really sounding like a classic solo album with all-star guests and Aaron. I'm also disappointed that they probably won't be touring like this. What are the chances Tim is in the band? He's a singer for hire. What are the chances anyone will ever sing or be able to sing these songs if they ever got a lead vocalist? Who would they find to even come close to these powerhouse vocals they've got? If you put the last three Ted/Tourniquet albums together you get, what ironically has often been associated with their sound, Frankenstein. It's pieces parts.

For the album: I think the album will actually be good, potentially amazing. I'm hoping for the best. Even if Tim means the sound isn't going to be all that familiar, I'm glad there is a consistent vocalist. Funny, I was hoping somehow Aaron could pull off all the vocals and they could surprise us with a thrash album. Now I'm thinking lots of classic metal stuff like the title track.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by bjorn agin Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:27 am

This just confirms that Tourniquet is no longer a band. It is a studio project assembled together with session musicians.
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by FreeRangeBeliever Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:31 am

bjorn agin wrote:This just confirms that Tourniquet is no longer a band. It is a studio project assembled together with session musicians.

Yep!
FreeRangeBeliever
FreeRangeBeliever
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:49 am

If it jams, it jams.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:05 am

bjorn agin wrote:This just confirms that Tourniquet is no longer a band. It is a studio project assembled together with session musicians.

That's better than getting a local band of inferior players.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:30 pm

I don't care too much but if true it's weird they have a guy who mocks Christianity as lead vocalist.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:03 pm

Black Rider wrote:I don't care too much but if true it's weird they have a guy who mocks Christianity as lead vocalist.

When did Tim Owens mock Christianity?
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:09 pm

When he was doing Charred Walls of the Damned he and Richard Christy would mock those who believed in the Bible.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:25 pm

Black Rider wrote:When he was doing Charred Walls of the Damned he and Richard Christy would mock those who believed in the Bible.

Oh, thanks.  I never heard that.

Christy I'm not too surprised about although he is an outspoken Stryper fan.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by metalh Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:14 pm

Pretty killer line-up. I second this thought: If it jams, it jams.

I don't know why you deny

I, I know the light is burning dim and dying in you
I know the pain that lies within
I feel it too

-Collapsing by Demon Hunter
metalh
metalh

Back to top Go down

Post by cailen Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:41 am

Temple of Blood wrote:

That's better than getting a local band of inferior players.

This!
cailen
cailen
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessrox Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:22 pm

Ripper is killer.....Ted Kirkpatrick is the heart and soul of Tourniquet. Really looking forward to this one.
Jessrox
Jessrox
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down