The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tourniquet's new vocalist? (Deen Castronovo in at least one song)

+10
bjorn agin
sentient 6
Wigeon
Bahana
Black Rider
Superjuice
timekeeper
mothy
Temple of Blood
Airola
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tourniquet's new vocalist? (Deen Castronovo in at least one song) Empty Tourniquet's new vocalist? (Deen Castronovo in at least one song)

Post by Airola Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:31 am

Ted just told DEEN CASTRONOVO has finished vocals for the title track.

Not sure if he is going to only sing in that song or if he is the main vocalist for the new album.

This is what Ted wrote:
"Listening back to the vocals my good friend and brother in faith Deen Castronovo just recorded for the crazy title track of the upcoming Tourniquet album. Six words: Amazing - he just totally killed it! Trust me - this guy knows metal, playing with everyone from Ozzy to Fear Factory. Of course we know he's a world class drummer - one of my faves - but he's also a phenomenal singer. Plus no problem doing both at the same time. Tourniquet's new vocalist? (Deen Castronovo in at least one song) 1f60e Check him out with Journey singing one of their classics: https://youtu.be/-gomgFZsG-0

EDIT:
The title for the Kickstarter update is "Title track vocalist..." so I guess he is only in the title track.
Maybe this album will have several guest vocalists as Onward to Freedom. That would be quite disappointing. I'd really love if the new album would have only one or two vocalists. Deen sounds fantastic though!

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Tourniquet's new vocalist? (Deen Castronovo in at least one song) Empty Re: Tourniquet's new vocalist? (Deen Castronovo in at least one song)

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:05 am

He is an amazing singer.  I don't think he ever played for Fear Factory though.

I think he's confused and thinking G/Z/R, who did have the vocalist from Fear Factory on the first album.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Tourniquet's new vocalist? (Deen Castronovo in at least one song) Empty Re: Tourniquet's new vocalist? (Deen Castronovo in at least one song)

Post by Airola Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:12 am

According to Wikipedia he has played drums in one Fear Factory song (Soul Hacker on Genexus)

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:12 am

mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:14 am

Man its impressive to belt out that Journey song and have the stamina to play at the same time
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by timekeeper Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:36 pm

I can't remember how many times I watched this video by Deen back in the day, and how great I thought it was.  It was quite good for the style and I was a fan of his early work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI258DBLA-U

Last edited by timekeeper on Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
timekeeper
timekeeper
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:48 pm

I always thought of Deen as the drummer on the Cacophony albums (and other Shrapnel releases) until last year and didn't even know he could sing.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:47 pm

Guy from Journey playing with TQT. Weird. 
Was hoping the new album would have one singer.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:26 am

timekeeper wrote:I can't remember how many times I watched this video by Deen back in the day, and how great I thought it was.  It was quite good for the style and I was a fan of this early work:

Wow.  Why don't I have the second Joey Taffola album?  Going to remedy that some day.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Bahana Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:48 am

I hope he doesn't have as many guest musicians as last time. Will Aaron do some more shouting vocals? We'll see...
Bahana
Bahana
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:24 pm

I would also prefer this album to have a single vocalist. It doesn't seem like it is going to happen, though.

My guess is that Ted couldn't find the singer with all the abilities he wished.

Back to top Go down

Post by timekeeper Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:08 pm

Superjuice wrote:
timekeeper wrote:I can't remember how many times I watched this video by Deen back in the day, and how great I thought it was.  It was quite good for the style and I was a fan of this early work:

Wow.  Why don't I have the second Joey Taffola album?  Going to remedy that some day.
It's good stuff.
timekeeper
timekeeper
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:07 pm

Superjuice wrote:

It has some of the best bass guitar playing you'll ever hear.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigeon Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:03 am

I'm sure it will sound great, but this is not a good sign IMO. It sounds to me like we are going to be getting another Ted solo album with multiple singers. Not really what I signed up for. Oh well. They had a good run.
Wigeon
Wigeon
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:48 pm

.....I don't care who Ted gets or who sings on the songs....as long as it not " core. "

....I actually think Matt Smith and Tourniquet would sound pretty good together Smile
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by bjorn agin Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:07 pm

I'll reserve my judgement until the new album comes out, but after Antiseptic Bloodbath came out I kind of felt like Ted & Co. should call it a day. I haven't been excited about Tourniquet in years.
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Bahana Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:36 am

Looks like Chris Poland will be playing some leads. 

Tourniquet's new vocalist? (Deen Castronovo in at least one song) Bw7YgeZ
Bahana
Bahana
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:56 am

Guys, I guess we should keep the info sent to Backers only for the backers... Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Bahana Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:17 pm

Ted posted that picture on Facebook. It's for everyone.
Bahana
Bahana
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Livna Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:15 pm

I’m sure that the tunes would be cool but TQT is not the same band that put out Stop The Bleeding and Psycho Surgery
Livna
Livna
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigeon Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:22 pm

Livna wrote:I’m sure that the tunes would be cool but TQT is not the same band that put out Stop The Bleeding and Psycho Surgery

Rolling Eyes Uhm, that was almost 30 years ago dude.
Wigeon
Wigeon
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Livna Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:58 pm

Sure but maybe it’s time to change the name
Livna
Livna
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Bahana Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:51 pm

Livna wrote:Sure but maybe it’s time to change the name
Ted & Friends  Laughing
Bahana
Bahana
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:46 am

Ted and Friends would fit as the sound has completely changed.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:50 pm

I am surprised that anyone truly expects a band to sound exactly the same after 30 years.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next