The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any other good christian metal forums?

+19
MikeInFla
Temple of Blood
StarPilot
oldschooldoom
Throne of thorns
ThomasEversole
Benny4SR
bjorn agin
Candlemass
Professor_Valconian
exo
Hardcore Christian
alldatndensum
sentient 6
KaramKaram
Kerrick
metaldude
Staybrite
buddypng
23 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Any other good christian metal forums? - Page 3 Empty Re: Any other good christian metal forums?

Post by alldatndensum Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:50 am

Professor_Valconian wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:I am one of the only few who just doesn't care for Theocracy.  I'd rather have the Stryper talk!

Alldat, I didn't realize you were schizophrenic. That's good to know. It informs how I should be praying for you. Very Happy

Here's what I want you to do, go listen to Absolution Day right now and repent of your sins.

Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
I'm a schizophrenic
Hey....so am I!!!!!

lol!

When they start writing the majority of their songs in lengths of 5 mins. or less, then I will give them another shot.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Any other good christian metal forums? - Page 3 Empty Re: Any other good christian metal forums?

Post by Professor_Valconian Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:52 am

Alldat, it's also good to know that you are ADD. Your wife must be a saint Razz

As The World Bleeds has 5/10 < 5:30 ... 6/10 < 5:45. Yes they do have some pretty long songs (which I love, but to each their own), but that is not all they do. Even if you don't like long songs, how can you dismiss the writing, the musicianship, Matt's voice and the lyrics (which, to me, are some of the best out there in Christian rock/metal from any era)?

Don't mind me, I just happen to be wearing my Theocracy evangelist hat today.
Professor_Valconian
Professor_Valconian
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Location : In a meeting of the Society who puts things on top of other things

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Benny4SR Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:31 pm

Professor_Valconian wrote:Alldat, it's also good to know that you are ADD. Your wife must be a saint Razz

As The World Bleeds has 5/10 < 5:30 ... 6/10 < 5:45. Yes they do have some pretty long songs (which I love, but to each their own), but that is not all they do. Even if you don't like long songs, how can you dismiss the writing, the musicianship, Matt's voice and the lyrics (which, to me, are some of the best out there in Christian rock/metal from any era)?

Don't mind me, I just happen to be wearing my Theocracy evangelist hat today.

Theocracy is a very good band and everything you're saying here is true, but there is an element to them that seems to be missing that keeps me from REALLY liking them. I can't quite put my finger on what it is though.
As far as Stryper talk goes, I say bring it on! How many other bands from that era, Christian or secular, are making music that rivals that of their heyday?
Benny4SR
Benny4SR
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://fourstarrevival.fourfour.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor_Valconian Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:34 pm

I forgive you Benny. Razz
Professor_Valconian
Professor_Valconian
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:06 pm

I don't find Matt to be the best singer.  He's good, but there are so many I'd rather hear like Michael Sweet or Ken Tamplin.  After about 5 minutes, I am bored no matter who is playing and I want a different song.  There are many great musicians, but I am ready for some bands that know how to do more with....less.  GX Project knows that.  Bloodgood knows that.  Stryper knows that.  Too many bands just seem to try to be overly complex and also seem to just want to do solos as fast as they can.  There's little feeling to that. 

This is probably gonna make me some enemies, but my give a crap has been busted for a LOOOOONG time.  When Theocracy sounds a bit more like they studied at the school of Stryper, then I'm in.  Until then, I will be one of the few who is just scratching their head and saying, "I just don't get it."
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:00 am

The Blackest Light has daily posts, (I think the 5 months its been up, there's only been 3 days where no one posted) zero discussion about Stryper (Nothing against that band, its just really not in context there) and focuses on Christian black metal.

There's also sub forums for other types of metal, spirituality and off topic stuff.
The shoutbox hasn't been an overwhelming hit, but some people take advantage of being able to post as guests.

http://theblackestlight.freeforums.net/
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Throne of thorns Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:58 am

No comment Wink
Throne of thorns
Throne of thorns
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:24 am

I don't understand making a post that just says "No comment."
That's like making a post that says "I'm not going to post."
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Throne of thorns Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:27 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:I don't understand making a post that just says "No comment."
That's the beauty of it.....and for your information I also happen to be a vampire...no lie!
Throne of thorns
Throne of thorns
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:02 am

Theocracy is a great band, but they're not for those who want all their art spoon-fed to them...
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:43 pm

Throne of thorns wrote:
ThomasEversole wrote:I don't understand making a post that just says "No comment."
That's the beauty of it.....and for your information I also happen to be a vampire...no lie!

Hey that's cool. Would you recommend vampirism to other people?
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor_Valconian Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:45 pm

Candlemass wrote:Theocracy is a great band, but they're not for those who want all their art spoon-fed to them...

I don't really understand what this means. It sounds rather insulting, but I'm not sure whether Theocracy is being insulted ... or those who like the band are being insulted ... or both. Maybe none of the above and I'm just thick-headed.  scratch
Professor_Valconian
Professor_Valconian
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:28 pm

Too many bands just seem to try to be overly complex and also seem to just want to do solos as fast as they can.  There's little feeling to that. 

...check this out and tell me theres no feeling here. Smile

sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor_Valconian Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:45 pm

It's no use sentient. That song is nearly 7 minutes long, so alldat is going to give it a pass. Keep in mind that when he attends a performance of Handel's Messiah at Christmas he gets up and walks out at the 5 minute mark.

Now where is that smiley showing someone's leg being pulled?
Professor_Valconian
Professor_Valconian
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:43 pm

What happened to the author of this thread?
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by StarPilot Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:46 pm

It's interesting that someone would think Michael Sweet is a better singer than Matt.  That's just crazy talk to me, but to each his own.  Matt's voice is much more pure and he doesn't sound like he's shouting while he's singing like Michael does.  I like Stryper but don't love them like I do Theocracy.  Glad there are so many options in Christian rock/metal these days so we all can find our favorites.
StarPilot
StarPilot
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:17 pm

StarPilot wrote:It's interesting that someone would think Michael Sweet is a better singer than Matt.  That's just crazy talk to me, but to each his own.  Matt's voice is much more pure and he doesn't sound like he's shouting while he's singing like Michael does.  I like Stryper but don't love them like I do Theocracy.  Glad there are so many options in Christian rock/metal these days so we all can find our favorites.

I agree. Plus, as far as " christian " lyrics ( and as a lyricist in general )go, I perfer Matts way way over Michaels. Plus, despite what has been said it does seem that Theocracy had some influence on the new Styper tune. I could be wrong, but I don't recall Stryper ever really using the chorus and those time change/break downs before. Sometimes a " new " dog can teach a old dog new tricks.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:42 pm

I think there is a 0% chance that theocracy has or ever will influence stryper.

It's hard to pinpoint a musical technique that theocracy created that hadn't been done decades before.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:24 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:I think there is a 0% chance that theocracy has or ever will influence stryper.

It's hard to pinpoint a musical technique that theocracy created that hadn't been done decades before.

I understand that about Theocracy influences.

Honestly, other than Stryper, Theocracy is a pretty popular band around here. I find it unreasonable that Michael has never " checked out " a band that is almost as popular as his. I would think he would want to see what all the fuss was about.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:08 pm

Just because you think they hung the moon doesn't mean they are influencing a band who's sold a thousand times more albums worldwide.

I'm not saying he's never checked them out.  I don't know. But I can definitely see why he might not give a rip about their music. I think he pretty much said this before around here.

Any orchestration could've been influenced by any number of bands. Or by the simple idea of hey why don't we layer some parts. I don't see that theocracy has a lock on anything.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:22 am

I believe the influence came from the outside writer and that is why it sounds different than anything they have ever done. This doesn't mean it's a bad song because it isn't, it's awesome but a bit different than anything they have ever done. I do believe Michael has said he hasn't heard Theocracy or that he already stated it had no influence on the song.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:43 am

StarPilot wrote:It's interesting that someone would think Michael Sweet is a better singer than Matt.  That's just crazy talk to me, but to each his own.  Matt's voice is much more pure and he doesn't sound like he's shouting while he's singing like Michael does.  I like Stryper but don't love them like I do Theocracy.  Glad there are so many options in Christian rock/metal these days so we all can find our favorites.
Funny, I think the opposite in regards to who's a better singer. I really like Michael's voice. Bless Matt, he does a great job, but I think he's at his natural limits. I think he composes a bit beyond his abilities. I'm exactly with you in regards to band likes. For various reasons, I like Theocracy's music much more than Stryper's.
sentient 6 wrote:

I agree. Plus, as far as " christian " lyrics ( and as a lyricist in general )go, I perfer Matts way way over Michaels. Plus, despite what has been said it does seem that Theocracy had some influence on the new Styper tune. I could be wrong, but I don't recall Stryper ever really using the chorus and those time change/break downs before. Sometimes a " new " dog can teach a old dog new tricks.
They may have influenced it, but who knows what it was, maybe a little of them, maybe a little of others.
Temple of Blood wrote:I think there is a 0% chance that theocracy has or ever will influence stryper.

I'd give it more than 0%, but I doubt there was direct inspiration.
MikeInFla wrote:I believe the influence came from the outside writer and that is why it sounds different than anything they have ever done. This doesn't mean it's a bad song because it isn't, it's awesome but a bit different than anything they have ever done. I do believe Michael has said he hasn't heard Theocracy or that he already stated it had no influence on the song.
Michael posted a question 3 years ago about taking Theocracy on tour with them. I doubt there is much of anyone's music that he hasn't heard. Regardless of the inspiration, I'm glad he isn't hesitant to produce a broader style of Stryper music.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:56 pm

sentient 6 wrote:
 Too many bands just seem to try to be overly complex and also seem to just want to do solos as fast as they can.  There's little feeling to that. 

...check this out and tell me theres no feeling here. Smile

Parts of it I like and some of it just sounds out of place to me.  To each, his own.  I still just don't get the hype.

As far as the "spoon-fed" crack goes, I'll take that as a compliment considering the sourcelol!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Throne of thorns Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:30 am

ThomasEversole wrote:
Throne of thorns wrote:

Hey that's cool. Would you recommend vampirism to other people?
If you like racing across the sea under a full blood red moon once a year and want to live forever....then yes!
Throne of thorns
Throne of thorns
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Benny4SR Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:56 am

Professor_Valconian wrote:I forgive you Benny. Razz

But I agreed with everything you said! lol!
Benny4SR
Benny4SR
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://fourstarrevival.fourfour.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next