The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any other good christian metal forums?

+19
MikeInFla
Temple of Blood
StarPilot
oldschooldoom
Throne of thorns
ThomasEversole
Benny4SR
bjorn agin
Candlemass
Professor_Valconian
exo
Hardcore Christian
alldatndensum
sentient 6
KaramKaram
Kerrick
metaldude
Staybrite
buddypng
23 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Any other good christian metal forums? Empty Any other good christian metal forums?

Post by buddypng Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:37 pm

Just wondering if theres any other good christian metal forums where half the posts are not about Stryper

buddypng
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Any other good christian metal forums? Empty Re: Any other good christian metal forums?

Post by Guest Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:09 pm

Can't tell if you are being sarcastic or are serious...

If you are being serious, then really take a look at the threads on the first page. Yeah, there are 4 or 5 threads about Stryper. That's a small fraction. I personally have started threads about Stairway, NancyJo Mann, Worldview, GX Project, Sacred Warrior/ King James and Irish...

There's actually a pretty good mix of topics..

As for Stryper...if you find a Christian metal forum that DOESN'T talk a lot about Stryper then it probably isn't a very good one,

Michael is very active with giving people something to talk about... lol

And Stryper is getting ready to release a new album, so the news, artwork and samples of that album are expected to be topics. They are, after all, the most successful and most popular Christian metal band ever.

Back to top Go down

Any other good christian metal forums? Empty Re: Any other good christian metal forums?

Post by Staybrite Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:34 am

NoOneIsHere wrote:As for Stryper...if you find a Christian metal forum that DOESN'T talk a lot about Stryper then it probably isn't a very good one,...

I was thinking the same thing.

I'm willing to bet there are half-a-dozen Facebook groups dedicated to Christian metalcore that ignore Stryper...should be an easy search.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:49 am

Staybrite wrote:
NoOneIsHere wrote:As for Stryper...if you find a Christian metal forum that DOESN'T talk a lot about Stryper then it probably isn't a very good one,...

I'm willing to bet there are half-a-dozen Facebook groups dedicated to Christian metalcore that ignore Stryper...should be an easy search.

C'mon guys. That's right up there with those who say real Christians only use the King James Bible. Is Stryper a good band?...yes. Legends...yes. Mandatory...no.

Besides, we all know the only mandatory band in Christian metal is Theocracy. Razz
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:51 am

lol! Rock on 1

Haha I was just cranking Mirror Of Souls on my way to work this morning.  Metal 1

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:01 am

metaldude wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

C'mon guys. That's right up there with those who say real Christians only use the King James Bible. Is Stryper a good band?...yes. Legends...yes. Mandatory...no.

Besides, we all know the only mandatory band in Christian metal is Theocracy. Razz

Mandatory = Yes....    Twisted Evil

You can't have a forum that talks Christian metal w/o Stryper unless that forum stays away from that entire style of metal / rock (like Staybrite said).

But we are all missing the point...

What is really mandatory for ANY music group is....MORE COWBELL

Any other good christian metal forums? Will-f10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:04 am

OK..in all honesty though....

if someone wants to talk about bands other than those that are currently being talked about in the forum, the answer is simple.

START YOUR OWN THREAD ABOUT WHATEVER BAND YOU WANT

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:51 am

NoOneIsHere wrote:OK..in all honesty though....

if someone wants to talk about bands other than those that are currently being talked about in the forum, the answer is simple.

START YOUR OWN THREAD ABOUT WHATEVER BAND YOU WANT

Or start your own forum and ban any discussion of Stryper.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:53 am

metaldude wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

And here I thought the only mandatory band was Tourniquet.  Guess you learn something new every day.  lol!
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:03 pm

That is not fair... about a month ago there was no Stryper thread on page one.

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:37 pm

Buddypng hmmmmm!
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:39 pm

NoOneIsHere wrote:As for Stryper...if you find a Christian metal forum that DOESN'T talk a lot about Stryper then it probably isn't a very good one,

Honestly, other than in the secular section, we really shouldn't be talking about Stryper in Christian metal forums. After all, they are not a Christian metal band.

( oh you baad sentient.....baad sentient Embarassed )What a Face
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:44 pm

metaldude wrote:

...word ta ya mutha.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:00 pm

I am one of the only few who just doesn't care for Theocracy.  I'd rather have the Stryper talk!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:57 pm

alldatndensum wrote:I am one of the only few who just doesn't care for Theocracy.
Me also
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:52 am

KaramKaram wrote:Buddypng hmmmmm!
Buddy's been around forums for years.  He just doesn't chime in a lot over here.

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:06 am

..and yet he feels the need to take a shot at the forum anyway..

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:48 am

Or he was just legitimately asking a question, since we don't exactly cater to certain heavier/more extreme tastes around here.  You're making waaaaay too big a fuss about of the fact that he's a little sarcastic about our Christian Metal area seeming a little Stryper-centric, which it can seem.  It's not really that big of a deal.

Yeah, he could start a new thread about a band he digs......but if he's looking for discussion about bands along the lines of say.....Vomitorial Corpulence, or Usynlig Tumult, it's not really gonna see much action, because MOST of our crowd isn't really into those styles in a big enough way for it to go anywhere.  Even tamer stuff like Extol.....they're a pretty notable name, but they tend to not attract all that many posts, even with a fairly recent CD and DVD release.  

Not one single person here has actually tried to help the dude out with suggesting another forum to check out.....I wish I could be the first to suggest a place, but I'm not exactly in the loop on such things anymore.

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:11 am

I didn't give out any names because all it takes is Googling the words Christian Metal and Forum to give a whole page of results. That's about the extent of other forums that I know, and I figured he could do that himself. I figured CHM wouldn't be up to his liking if he didn't like CMR's flow.

Honestly, I really didn't take it as a genuine plea for help, but more as a jab at the Stryper conversations. If he really wanted help, I would have thought he would be getting into the conversation here, not to mention give us some names of genres or bands he is looking for. Again, I could be wrong.

And I really for the life of me will never understand how people think there is too much Stryper talk. The whole thing about a forum is that the conversations are started by the people for the people  Razz, so if there are a lot of Stryper threads then that is obviously what a lot of people want to talk about.

Last edited by NoOneIsHere on Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:15 am

I also thought my initial response to him was sincere and simply informative about what he is going to find out there and that it really isn't as Stryper oriented as he thinks, that it's just due to the new album info coming out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor_Valconian Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:10 am

alldatndensum wrote:I am one of the only few who just doesn't care for Theocracy.  I'd rather have the Stryper talk!

Alldat, I didn't realize you were schizophrenic. That's good to know. It informs how I should be praying for you. Very Happy

Here's what I want you to do, go listen to Absolution Day right now and repent of your sins.
Professor_Valconian
Professor_Valconian
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Location : In a meeting of the Society who puts things on top of other things

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:29 am

There are no other Christian rock/metal forums that are even near as active as this one, in fact, they barely have a pulse...
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:28 am

exo wrote:
KaramKaram wrote:Buddypng hmmmmm!
Buddy's been around forums for years.  He just doesn't chime in a lot over 
Thanks for the info exo
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bjorn agin Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:43 pm

Sounds like people are just a wee bit overly sensitive here.

I took his original post as a legitimate question. The responses to his post make the rest of us look paranoid or something.

So a few suggestions..

Christian Hard Music
http://www.christianhardmusic.com/

Firestream
http://firestream.freeforums.org/
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:46 pm

Firestream is about as dead as they come, in terms of forum activity.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next