The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

User's Age

+13
Black Rider
Dustofyears
Raegoul
Sevenoneself
alldatndensum
Sullivan
Ammocas
TZ75
BaleMaster
Pethead
seth
StevenCressler
Pro-Zak
17 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

User's Age - Page 4 Empty Re: User's Age

Post by Raegoul Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:21 am

Wonders were often used to legitimize leaders like Moses or prophets like Elijah, and of course Jesus and the Apostles before the entire Scriptures were available. I am extremely weary of miracle stories or dudes even claiming God told them stuff or gave them a word etc. 

Nowadays God speaks to us through his word the Bible, except in circumstances were there are large pockets of unevangelized dudes, e.g. the Muslim world, where Jesus may appear to those guys in dreams etc.
Raegoul
Raegoul
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

deathisgain, _wes, Pethead, Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:28 am

Airola wrote:I wonder how many times people have seen miracles but have thought it was a hallucination or they just saw or remembered things wrong.

The only supernatural kind of a thing I've personally experienced is an out of body experience during a sleep paralysis several times. That's a relatively common experience but the consensus within unbelievers seems to be it's a hallucination type of a thing caused by brain chemicals or whatever.

Can't really say what it really is but one thing I can say for a 100% certainty is that the experience of leaving from your body is real, no matter what it is.

Sleep Paralysis is absolutely terrifying! I used to get that  a whole lot! Just terrifying!

In the good old days they use to think it was an incubus or succubus or demon attacking someone in their sleep. I can tell you, it feels like that! but what it actual is, is the brain waking up during the twilight periods of sleep (just as the brain slips out of consciousness and right before it wakes up) 

So what's happening, is the brain wakes up while the body is still asleep. So essentially you are trapped inside your own sleeping body, because you are your brain. Yeah, just unreal experience.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

_wes, Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:04 am

Dustofyears wrote:
Airola wrote:I wonder how many times people have seen miracles but have thought it was a hallucination or they just saw or remembered things wrong.

The only supernatural kind of a thing I've personally experienced is an out of body experience during a sleep paralysis several times. That's a relatively common experience but the consensus within unbelievers seems to be it's a hallucination type of a thing caused by brain chemicals or whatever.

Can't really say what it really is but one thing I can say for a 100% certainty is that the experience of leaving from your body is real, no matter what it is.

Sleep Paralysis is absolutely terrifying! I used to get that  a whole lot! Just terrifying!

In the good old days they use to think it was an incubus or succubus or demon attacking someone in their sleep. I can tell you, it feels like that! but what it actual is, is the brain waking up during the twilight periods of sleep (just as the brain slips out of consciousness and right before it wakes up) 

So what's happening, is the brain wakes up while the body is still asleep. So essentially you are trapped inside your own sleeping body, because you are your brain. Yeah, just unreal experience.

Yeah I've heard about people seeing things. I never saw those "entities" but I usually heard a lot of whispering around me. And then I would start to float off from my body, but then an extreme sensation of imminent death happens and I've had to put every ounce of willpower I have to get back to my body. People have said the sensation of flying around is fantastic if you just let it happen but the feeling of death has been so extreme and real feeling that I never let it happen. I only floated a bit over my body.

I started to experience those in the 90's before I knew anything about it so it was pretty terrifying.

I'm not sure though if brain-centric view is the correct way to look into it. Correlation doesn't mean causation etc. Nothing in evolution explains any of that. The sensation of being out of where your body is seems absolutely unnecessary and why would a brain even have a natural "function" that allows for a sensation of yourself being not within your body if there is nothing that separates your mind from your body? It's also very weird that people can see same kind of entities in every culture in every part of the world, and have been experiencing that thoughout the human history. Honestly, doesn't that make you got at least a bit "hmmmm..."?

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

scottmitchell74 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:20 am

seth wrote:I have also heard theories that the oxygen content in the atmosphere was different at that time, leading to slower aging. The theory about those people being closer to Adam’s perfect genetics, without the gradual “devolution” of genetic flaws built over time could be onto something as well

When I said that (about Adam’s genetics), I was just guessing. 

I have not studied the subject at all…
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:46 am

I haven’t seen a miracle, but I have experienced a haunted house with demonic activity. 

My friend’s mom’s house had blacked out curtains in a bedroom where no light can enter if they are pulled closed. I happened to be in that room just laying down and looking up toward the ceiling near the door to the room. 

Suddenly there was not only some light entering the room (with the curtains closed) but the light formed a stained glass image of Jesus. Then out of nowhere a demonic face had a knife to the throat of Jesus. 

When I checked to see how the light could have entered or if there was some kind of prism hanging around, it disappeared. 

This memory is still vivid and creeps me out.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears, scottmitchell74 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:33 am

Sleep paralysis is the exact opposite of sleepwalking. When you sleep, your body locks you in place so you don't move while dreaming. Sleepwalking occurs when the lock doesn't happen, so you do move around. Sleep paralysis is when you wake up but the lock doesn't unlock. That's also why you see scary things, because you're kind of still dreaming, even though you're technically awake.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Dustofyears likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:51 am

StevenCressler wrote:Sleep paralysis is when you wake up but the lock doesn't unlock. That's also why you see scary things, because you're kind of still dreaming, even though you're technically awake.

Not exactly. I've never had a sleep paralysis after being asleep and waking up but it has always happened before I fall asleep. Kind of like my body getting into sleeping mode but mind still being awake.

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:51 am

Airola wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:

Yeah I've heard about people seeing things. I never saw those "entities" but I usually heard a lot of whispering around me. And then I would start to float off from my body, but then an extreme sensation of imminent death happens and I've had to put every ounce of willpower I have to get back to my body. People have said the sensation of flying around is fantastic if you just let it happen but the feeling of death has been so extreme and real feeling that I never let it happen. I only floated a bit over my body.

I started to experience those in the 90's before I knew anything about it so it was pretty terrifying.

I'm not sure though if brain-centric view is the correct way to look into it. Correlation doesn't mean causation etc. Nothing in evolution explains any of that. The sensation of being out of where your body is seems absolutely unnecessary and why would a brain even have a natural "function" that allows for a sensation of yourself being not within your body if there is nothing that separates your mind from your body? It's also very weird that people can see same kind of entities in every culture in every part of the world, and have been experiencing that thoughout the human history. Honestly, doesn't that make you got at least a bit "hmmmm..."?

It's quite a trip alright.

Well your brain is momentarily disconnected from your body. It's bit like you are trapped inside a dead body for a period, and your brain just freaks out. yeah I've seen, heard, and felt things, as I'll explain down below. It's just horrifying.

TZ75 wrote:I haven’t seen a miracle, but I have experienced a haunted house with demonic activity. 

My friend’s mom’s house had blacked out curtains in a bedroom where no light can enter if they are pulled closed. I happened to be in that room just laying down and looking up toward the ceiling near the door to the room. 

Suddenly there was not only some light entering the room (with the curtains closed) but the light formed a stained glass image of Jesus. Then out of nowhere a demonic face had a knife to the throat of Jesus. 

When I checked to see how the light could have entered or if there was some kind of prism hanging around, it disappeared. 

This memory is still vivid and creeps me out.

Pretty trippy. I've had dreams that are real bad, probably too graphic to write here. But never seen anything like that or a demon or ghost or something supernatural. Wouldn't mind though. Least I don't think I have...

StevenCressler wrote:Sleep paralysis is the exact opposite of sleepwalking. When you sleep, your body locks you in place so you don't move while dreaming. Sleepwalking occurs when the lock doesn't happen, so you do move around. Sleep paralysis is when you wake up but the lock doesn't unlock. That's also why you see scary things, because you're kind of still dreaming, even though you're technically awake.

Yeah that's right. The brain disconnects from the body. I have have felt something stand over my bed simultaneously hold me down while choking me, have heard breathing in my ears while trapped and frozen and seen a shadow being at the corner of my eye while trapped in bed unable to move. Of course you think you are awake. but your eyes are shut.

When the body finally decides to wake up and connect with the brain, the muscles feel so weak, like you try to lift your arms but they are dead and the gasping starts, as if you have been holding your breath the whole time.

The panic, I think, is the brain freaking out, telling the body to connect with it, and so lucid nightmares are spiked through this time period until the body heeds the brains warning. It's just so weird.

Last edited by Dustofyears on Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:53 am

Airola wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:Sleep paralysis is when you wake up but the lock doesn't unlock. That's also why you see scary things, because you're kind of still dreaming, even though you're technically awake.

Not exactly. I've never had a sleep paralysis after being asleep and waking up but it has always happened before I fall asleep. Kind of like my body getting into sleeping mode but mind still being awake.
That's right. It happens in the twilight periods, either before you finally fall to sleep, or just before you are about to wake up. These are called the twilight periods of sleep. It's also where one can learn to control lucid dreams.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:04 am

I had never thought about that connection. I lucid dream regularly, but have only had sleep paralysis a couple times. Never saw hallucinations or demons, just wasn’t quite awake enough to move and my body felt almost “staticky” if that makes sense. Think I heard unintelligible whispering-like sounds one time when it happened
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:39 am

seth wrote:I had never thought about that connection. I lucid dream regularly, but have only had sleep paralysis a couple times. Never saw hallucinations or demons, just wasn’t quite awake enough to move and my body felt almost “staticky” if that makes sense. Think I heard unintelligible whispering-like sounds one time when it happened

Yes the twilight periods, or portals as they are called if we are talking lucid dreams, are where it all begins. The twilight doors (portals) as explained in the above posts, is where one takes the first step into controlling the lucid dream confined in that state of mind. Most people don't realize that when you dream you can control the outcome. Like if you are being chased say, by an axe murderer, if you are in control of the dream, and realize it's a dream, you can turn to the axe wielding manic and ask him the time, or who the president is, or ask them to read something (they can't read in dreams or tell the time) then they will become confused and fade away. they are sort of like NPC players in a video game. You can fly and do all sorts of stuff lolz. And it's all happening in your brain, but feels real.

Also people in your dream are people you have come across, even if just walking past a stranger, your brain still takes in images of faces and people. They are reflections of reality, in turn becoming, mind mirrors.

Yeah, it sounds like you just managed to escape the worst of the Sleep paralysis grip. Lucky You didn't feel the fullness of it. It is like being in a mental kind of hell.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:04 pm

I mentioned this in another thread, but if I try to break the laws of physics too much in a dream, the mental effort wakes me up. Usually the extent of what I can control is the ability to fly, and invincibility (like the axe murderer example you mentioned, I have had multiple dreams in which I get shot or otherwise attacked but realize I am immune to damage because it’s a dream, so my attackers are helpless. It’s actually kind of fun lol)
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:54 pm

Yeah I was able to control my dreams when I was a kid. I flied a lot.
But at some point I wasn't anymore able to do what I wanted even if I knew I was in a dream. At first it was an invisible barrier that stopped me from flying higher and later it felt like too much gravity was taking me down. I later figured it was probably because I was getting a lot of anxiety and depression in real life. So that mental state entered in my dreams too even when I knew I was dreaming.

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:03 pm

This thread has taken some turns…
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

TZ75, seth and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:37 pm

Referring back to the supernatural, I know a couple people that had been frozen/paralyzed (while awake) like something was sitting on top of them. They described having a hard time breathing. 

This kind of thing has been talked about in many of those “ghost encounters” shows.

I don’t believe that any spiritual forces people encounter are from humans that passed away. I believe all supernatural encounters are either from God’s Angels or Fallen Angels/demons.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:57 pm

That haunted house I was in must have some very dark history to have the manifestations lurking inside it. 

When you buy a used house, you never know who the previous owners were in private, or what kind of life they lived.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:00 pm

TZ75 wrote:Referring back to the supernatural, I know a couple people that had been frozen/paralyzed (while awake) like something was sitting on top of them. They described having a hard time breathing. 

This kind of thing has been talked about in many of those “ghost encounters” shows.

I don’t believe that any spiritual forces people encounter are from humans that passed away. I believe all supernatural encounters are either from God’s Angels or Fallen Angels/demons.
Yep, ghosts are a lie Satan uses to cover up demons
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and TZ75 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:12 pm

Angels and Demons are older than the earth. They have been watching us and know things that no one else would know. Not God’s level of knowledge! But they know enough to fool people. Angels obey God, it’s the demons that deceive. 

If anyone participates in a seance, they are not talking to their dead relatives. It’s an evil spirit that has the dirt on you or your loved ones that passed away.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears, seth and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:47 pm

Pethead wrote:This thread has taken some turns…
What were we talking about again?
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, TZ75 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:14 pm

This is everything but the kitchen sink thread.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:16 pm

I’d really love a farm sink in my kitchen.

Now it’s the everything AND the kitchen sink thread!
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

TZ75 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:17 pm

Let that sink in...
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, TZ75 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:54 pm

Airola wrote:Yeah I was able to control my dreams when I was a kid. I flied a lot.
But at some point I wasn't anymore able to do what I wanted even if I knew I was in a dream. At first it was an invisible barrier that stopped me from flying higher and later it felt like too much gravity was taking me down. I later figured it was probably because I was getting a lot of anxiety and depression in real life. So that mental state entered in my dreams too even when I knew I was dreaming.

Relate to that. As a boy I had recurring dreams about flying too. Usually I'd be standing on a rooftop (but sometimes would be on the ground) and I'd take a leap of faith, drop, then flap my arms like a bird to stay suspended. Often there'd be a group of kids my age on the ground, and for my entertainment, I'd spit on them and call them names. Problem was, my arms would get tired after flapping them for a while, and I'd gradually descend my way back down to earth; to the  reaching, angry hands of these kids I had just spat on from up high and called names. Thankfully I'd wake up before I was mobbed.

Yeah it's hard to say why dreams occur, especially lucid dreams. Could be anxiety, depression, or could just be escape... who knows...

TZ75 wrote:Referring back to the supernatural, I know a couple people that had been frozen/paralyzed (while awake) like something was sitting on top of them. They described having a hard time breathing. 

Yeah, that's sleep paralysis. It does, indeed, feel as though one is awake and experiencing it. That's what I thought too, that I was being attacked by demons or some malevolent entity, until I learned more about it years later. It's super interesting topic. It's not hard to see why back in the day they blamed everything on a demon, or a witch, or Satan, or some kind of mysterious supernatural scapegoat, and usually the cause of mass hysteria, or to fill the gaps of the unknown, and they just didn't have the science or understanding back then. And not to mention Christianity was the dominant Religion.

I know you believe in Angels and Demons etc, I don't, as you know, but I love the idea of Angels and demons battling it out, even before the earth was born. Also I have never seen a Ghost but apparently tons of people have lolz... who knows.

Last edited by Dustofyears on Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:56 pm

I may not know why dreams occur, but I'm sure glad!
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:06 pm

For me anyway there’s no negative cause or association with lucid dreaming (anxiety or depression or whatever). Like I said I often quite enjoy when it occurs
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next