The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

User's Age

+13
Black Rider
Dustofyears
Raegoul
Sevenoneself
alldatndensum
Sullivan
Ammocas
TZ75
BaleMaster
Pethead
seth
StevenCressler
Pro-Zak
17 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

User's Age - Page 5 Empty Re: User's Age

Post by StevenCressler Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:11 pm

seth wrote:For me anyway there’s no negative cause or association with lucid dreaming (anxiety or depression or whatever). Like I said I often quite enjoy when it occurs
It certainly sounds fun, and is from the few times I have... I wish it happenned more to me
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Dustofyears and seth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:15 pm

Yeah, just stay right away from the Paralysis end of things and you'll be fine.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by _wes Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:42 pm

I guess I'm a bit late to the game - and honestly haven't been around a great deal lately, but here I am.  Smile. Nice to meet you Dust.  

OP - yeah, getting old sucks, and I feel it now more than when I was in my 40's - and running a bunch due to military requirements, and way more active.  Now I'm 56 and it hurts lol - and time is certainly a factor here.  I have things I want to do, and then things I should do - and things I must do.  Exercise has become a should - and it doesn't often make the cut.  I'm working on that - and with my upcoming military retirement - maybe that'll change.   

Miracles - well, where to start.  Have I personally witnessed a miracle?  No.  Does that shake my faith?  No.  Have I seen the result of miracles - the consequences on a person - yes.  

A couple thoughts here:  First - Jesus referred to what he was offering to us as humans, as faith.  Faith means believing without seeing.  Now - there are a plethora of examples of written anecdotes in terms of evidence of those who experienced miracles.  I haven't.  

But how weak a faith is, if you require direct experience to validate the faith.  Again - I have a physical heart.  I have experienced the results of it - I can feel the effects of it - I have faith that it's a heart, and not a metal machine inside my chest running on Lithium batteries that only last 75 years, but an actual flesh heart.  That's faith.  
Then again - a metal heart would be pretty. . . metal \m/ \m/.  In philosophy, Descartes made an argument for skepticism, arguing that you can't be certain that you aren't being decieved by a malevolent demon.  Further, it was argued in a famous thought experiment - how do you know you're not a brain in a vat - being fed impluses directly into your brain giving you what you believe to be physical experiences, as they are all just electrical impulses - how can you be certain?  Perhaps we're all in the matrix - still plugged in, even if the steak tastes real.

I'm good with faith.  And I believe in miracles - and other things I can't experience directly.  Like oxygen.  Smile

Thanks!
_wes
_wes
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Location : Burke, VA - > Panama City, FL - > Montgomery, AL > Panama City FL (Lynn H aven) > DC > Dayton, OH > Huntsville, AL

MagnusPrime, seth and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:27 pm

Are you saying that love is like...
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content