The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roger Dale Martin - "STATE OF VENGEANCE RISING ADDRESS"

+20
Opeth3232
Drawnsword
strangerhoncho
Constantine
jeffcorpse
Dustofyears
crucifyd
Son of Nun
Galations6.7
Soldier777
alldatndensum
TZ75
eatbugs
bodachi
jaydeecrawson
mothy
Temple of Blood
Fundy
Black Rider
Lex Metalis
24 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Roger Dale Martin - "STATE OF VENGEANCE RISING  ADDRESS" - Page 4 Empty Re: Roger Dale Martin - "STATE OF VENGEANCE RISING ADDRESS"

Post by Temple of Blood Fri May 13, 2022 10:47 am

I noticed that no other ex-member of any other band does this.

I don't see Marty Fridman or Dave Ellefson selling their own version of Megadeth t-shirts.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

TZ75 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Roger Dale Martin - "STATE OF VENGEANCE RISING  ADDRESS" - Page 4 Empty Re: Roger Dale Martin - "STATE OF VENGEANCE RISING ADDRESS"

Post by TZ75 Fri May 13, 2022 6:50 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:I noticed that no other ex-member of any other band does this.

I don't see Marty Fridman or Dave Ellefson selling their own version of Megadeth t-shirts.

Marty Friedman and Chris Poland haven’t… but Ellefson has used the Megadeth stylized font for the logo of his namesake solo band. And maybe certain types of his coffee are named after Megadeth songs. 

As far as RDM goes… it appears to be an attempt to make money off a defunct band. And he wasn’t even a prominent songwriter. I’m not sure he even wrote anything. Several months ago he tried to ask if there was any interest in a new Vengeance or “Once Dead” album. I assume he has nothing going on and Vengeance is his bread and butter. Makes you wonder what the real motivation is to revive the band? Money from merch seems to be the goal. Non-authentic Christian music is pointless.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri May 13, 2022 7:13 pm

It’s funny… I don’t even think RDM is a metal guy in real life. I think he likes country and blues rock. Die Happy would make more sense.  Razz
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Fri May 13, 2022 11:11 pm

Roger had a very unique voice that sounded like nothing else in the thrash or death metal genre or any genre for that matter. It was his voice on top of the raw bone speed up deep purple thrash and bluesy riffs and solos that made Vengeance rising what they were. No one can replicate what roger had on those albums nor the magic of Vengeance rising captured in that time capsule all those years ago. Hate to be a downer but that's my reckons.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Opeth3232 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sat May 14, 2022 6:57 am

Dustofyears wrote:Roger had a very unique voice that sounded like nothing else in the thrash or death metal genre or any genre for that matter. It was his voice on top of the raw bone speed up deep purple thrash and bluesy riffs and solos that made Vengeance rising what they were. No one can replicate what roger had on those albums nor the magic of Vengeance rising captured in that time capsule all those years ago. Hate to be a downer but that's my reckons.

You are correct. Roger Martinez had a very unique voice. I think I’m one of the few that actually liked his Destruction Comes vocals the best.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Raegoul likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Raegoul Sat May 14, 2022 1:13 pm

TZ75 wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:Roger had a very unique voice that sounded like nothing else in the thrash or death metal genre or any genre for that matter. It was his voice on top of the raw bone speed up deep purple thrash and bluesy riffs and solos that made Vengeance rising what they were. No one can replicate what roger had on those albums nor the magic of Vengeance rising captured in that time capsule all those years ago. Hate to be a downer but that's my reckons.

You are correct. Roger Martinez had a very unique voice. I think I’m one of the few that actually liked his Destruction Comes vocals the best.
I am a Destruction Comes stan too. Underrated album.
Raegoul
Raegoul
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

TZ75 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sat May 14, 2022 5:03 pm

Raegoul wrote:
TZ75 wrote:

I admit the rhythm guitar is a bit loosely played, but the riffs are still memorable in my opinion. Roger’s vocals are not completely growled, more in the vein of crossover thrash. And Chris Hyde’s drumming is excellent!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Raegoul likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Raegoul Sat May 14, 2022 11:21 pm

TZ75 wrote:
Raegoul wrote:
TZ75 wrote:

I admit the rhythm guitar is a bit loosely played, but the riffs are still memorable in my opinion. Roger’s vocals are not completely growled, more in the vein of crossover thrash. And Chris Hyde’s drumming is excellent!
I would describe the vocals as Mike Muir on steroids. Many people find the album monotone but I find it coherent. 

On topic, this RDM logo is ugly and ruins the merch for me. I copped the Destruction Comes shirt instead. Cool
Raegoul
Raegoul
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

TZ75 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun May 15, 2022 1:05 am

Raegoul wrote:
TZ75 wrote:
Raegoul wrote:
TZ75 wrote:

I would describe the vocals as Mike Muir on steroids. Many people find the album monotone but I find it coherent. 

On topic, this RDM logo is ugly and ruins the merch for me. I copped the Destruction Comes shirt instead. Cool

Yeah, I can see the Muir comparison (early ST). 

The RDM logo is indeed an eyesore! Lol
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Raegoul likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Mon May 16, 2022 5:31 am

TZ75 wrote:

It's my fav too. Destruction comes is a masterpiece by mistake and by urgency- and you can feel that in it. I love it for all the reasons people hate it- the thin guitar sound, the dry production, the barking vocals, the repetition and long winded leads to fill it out. it's unrepentant and unapologetic for existing. And those reasons people hate it is what makes it a masterpiece in my book. Also it paints a picture in my head of some guy lost of his mind, alone in a hot wind desert, barking mad and surrounded by bones of the dead that wandered alone to the same place before him. As you can see, I could ramble on and on about that album, but I'll spare you, just this once!
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Opeth3232, TZ75 and Raegoul like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon May 16, 2022 8:00 am

His vocals on DC and RutE are significantly better to my ears than those on the first two, even though the music on the first two is excellent.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Dustofyears likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon May 16, 2022 10:23 am

Dustofyears wrote:
TZ75 wrote:

It's my fav too. Destruction comes is a masterpiece by mistake and by urgency- and you can feel that in it. I love it for all the reasons people hate it- the thin guitar sound, the dry production, the barking vocals, the repetition and long winded leads to fill it out. it's unrepentant and unapologetic for existing. And those reasons people hate it is what makes it a masterpiece in my book. Also it paints a picture in my head of some guy lost of his mind, alone in a hot wind desert, barking mad and surrounded by bones of the dead that wandered alone to the same place before him. As you can see, I could ramble on and on about that album, but I'll spare you, just this once!

The crazy vocals and the drums are my favorite features on the album. But I’m one that also thinks the “less is more” approach is better sometimes. The riffs are simple and often repeat on a loop like Iommi does on Zero the Hero. I love it!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4