The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unorthodox Christian Metal Opinions

+24
Grindboy
Follower of Jesus
Raegoul
alldatndensum
Friday13th
ThomasEversole
petrafan007
Dustofyears
TZ75
mothy
Superjuice
Temple of Blood
Frozen Fire
My Awesome Timothy
Black Rider
Kerrick
Constantine
Airola
crucifyd
MagnusPrime
eatbugs
BaleMaster
bodachi
Pethead
28 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Unorthodox Christian Metal Opinions - Page 2 Empty Re: Unorthodox Christian Metal Opinions

Post by Temple of Blood Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:42 am

Constantine wrote:
Stop The Bleeding = Best Tourniquet album

I thought everyone knew this!

I also think IGWT > THWTD
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Pethead and Ammocas like this post

Back to top Go down

Unorthodox Christian Metal Opinions - Page 2 Empty Re: Unorthodox Christian Metal Opinions

Post by Pethead Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:10 am

I like Atomic Arena and State of Control about the same. Although, that could be because I despise Heaven or Nothing.

I don’t know that I’d put Wicked Generation as the best SW album (Obsessions is probably my favorite), but I agree that Rebellion is the weakest of the first four (and I would say their whole catalogue). I don’t think they have a bad album, though.

Holy Soldier’s first two albums have some awesome tunes as well as some I don’t care for. So I’ve never found those albums as consistently great as many seem to. Great band, of course.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:47 pm

Pethead wrote:I like Atomic Arena and State of Control about the same. 
I would say I also like them both the same even though they are different.  They would be my favorites of the B.C. catalog because they both have an abundance of those ringing, distortion-laden chords which I like to hear.   I like that sound much better than the generally more staccato riffs of "Rattle Your Cage."
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Black Rider, Pethead and Ammocas like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:04 pm

Black Rider wrote:You guys are crazy thinking IGWT is better then THWTD but I do think Against the Law is as good as THWTD. 
Also, Dale Thompson's voice is shot and he's been living off the past.
Agreed on Stryper comments. ATL is as good as THWTD but in a different way, I guess.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:09 pm

I know I am probably going to be fired of this community for these comments, but still:

Stryper's MBP > Stryper's NMHTP
Stryper's Reborn > Stryper's GDE

Stryper's Fallen Album is their best of the entire decade by a far cry.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:07 pm

You crazy, MBp I'd nowhere close to NMHTP which is the best they've done the last decade.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:09 pm

Michael Sweet's Ten is better than the recent Stryper albums.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Staybrite and TZ75 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:17 pm

I’d rank them:
NMHtP
GDE
Fallen
EtDB
MbP

They all range from good to fantastic.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Black Rider and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:52 pm

Blackball > Precious Death

Stavesacre > The Crucified

Aside from the rap part in "A Little Slumber," River Disturbance is nearly a flawless album.

Avian is the best thing Lance King ever did.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:46 pm

I think River Deliverance (along with Camelot in Smithereens) is very underrated. However, I’m not a fan of Map on RD.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

gunz1977 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:25 pm

River Disturbance is good but not as good as Stay. I like Stavesacre, a lot, but if The Crucified had done more like the Pillars album, it'd be no contest.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Ammocas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:23 pm

River Disturbance is pretty good and I don't mind the rap song at all.  But I find Camelot In Smithereens to be as dull as dishwater except for maybe 2 songs.

Stavesacre VS. Crucified?   They are both so different.   That said I would rather listen to Stavesacre on an average day.

NMHTP, Fallen, GDE, and "Ten" are great albums.  MBP and Reborn are very weak albums, IMO.

I used to like Sacrament's "Testimony" better than "Haunts," but now I think "Haunts" is brilliant while "Testimony" is just very good.

Philadelphia's "Warlord" is a really good record and unfortunately doesn't seem to get much if any appreciation.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Ammocas and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:11 pm

Constantine wrote: I think "Haunts" is brilliant while "Testimony" is just very good.
Absolutely! Haunts is a masterpiece!
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

gunz1977, mothy, Ammocas, BaleMaster and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:28 am

I cant stand early Stryper, I really only like the last 3 albums.

Never could get into Tourniquet due to the vocal deliveries by both Guy and Gary (sorry guys)

Still dont understand new Living Sacrifice being labeled as Metalcore (went back and listened to Non Existent and if you put Bruce on vocals it could have been a later album)
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:18 am

mothy wrote:I cant stand early Stryper, I really only like the last 3 albums.

Never could get into Tourniquet due to the vocal deliveries by both Guy and Gary (sorry guys)

Still dont understand new Living Sacrifice being labeled as Metalcore (went back and listened to Non Existent and if you put Bruce on vocals it could have been a later album)
I have a good friend who loves thrash but is not a fan of Guy’s vocals. As such, he pretty much just likes the Luke stuff, specifically Where Moth and Rust Destroy. I myself prefer Luke’s vocals, especially when he’s doing clean singing (his work on Vanishing Lessons is awesome), but I don’t mind Guy and Gary. Plus I think the music on the first three is incredible.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:09 pm

Pethead wrote:

I have a good friend who loves thrash but is not a fan of Guy’s vocals. As such, he pretty much just likes the Luke stuff, specifically Where Moth and Rust Destroy. I myself prefer Luke’s vocals, especially when he’s doing clean singing (his work on Vanishing Lessons is awesome), but I don’t mind Guy and Gary. Plus I think the music on the first three is incredible.
Agreed the music on the 1st 3 is top notch but the vocals just put me of too much to listen very often which makes me sad.

For me it takes them out of the Christian Thrash "Big" 4

Detritus, Sacrament, Vengeance Rising, Believer probably in that order for me.
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:33 pm

I guess another one I have is

Believers best album is Dimensions.
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Friday13th, gunz1977 and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:07 pm

mothy wrote:I guess another one I have is

I have a hard time deciding between Sanity Obscure and Dimensions. Both are awesome.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Friday13th, Constantine and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:14 pm

Pethead wrote:
mothy wrote:I guess another one I have is

I have a hard time deciding between Sanity Obscure and Dimensions. Both are awesome.
For me its the complexity of Dimensions that just grabs me from the start.
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:15 pm

Pethead wrote:I think River Deliverance (along with Camelot in Smithereens) is very underrated. However, I’m not a fan of Map on RD.
Yeah, Map is not a song I seek out individually to listen to, but it fits in the scheme of the album and I get a chuckle out of it.  I think Jimmy was going for a Rage for Order type of thing with River where every song is different and he does a lot of experimentation.  Like Rage it starts with a rocker then goes into all kinds of interesting directions and Map fits into that vision.  Jimmy does a lot of vocal stylistics on River and Map is another venture into vocal sounds where it gets a little goofy, but I'm cracking up by the end of the song and am entertained with his indulgence in an experiment gone wild.  The album in itself is production perfection with a beautifully crisp drum and bass sound.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, Ammocas and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:38 pm

I can see that (about Map). 

I don’t know how controversial this is, but Silence Screams is Rez’s best album.

Now this one is controversial: Hostage>Awaiting Your Reply.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:03 pm

I have a hard time picking a favorite Rez, DMZ or Civil Rites depending on the mood but Silence Screams is also great as well as Mommy Don't Love Daddy. 
You are super wrong on thinking Hostage is better but I'll let it slide.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:13 pm

Pethead wrote:

Guy has a unique voice. That’s probably why most fans like him. He could shriek like a banshee, sing melodic in the middle or use a low voice. He’s very diverse. But for some, I guess he’s like Blitz from Overkill or Zetro from Exodus. You either love them or the opposite...
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:09 pm

Pethead wrote:

Tough pick, but I give the edge to Sanity Obscure.  I like the guitar tones better, the riffs are a bit more straight-forward and Nonpoint and Dies Irae are awesome.

mothy wrote:Never could get into Tourniquet due to the vocal deliveries by both Guy and Gary (sorry guys)
I have a really hard time with Luke's vocals.  I just struggle to  be able to listen to them for more than a few minutes.
I don't know what it is, but they grate on me for some reason.  Really liked Guy Ritter though.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

mothy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:37 pm

Constantine wrote:
Pethead wrote:

Tough pick, but I give the edge to Sanity Obscure.  I like the guitar tones better, the riffs are a bit more straight-forward and Nonpoint and Dies Irae are awesome.

mothy wrote:Never could get into Tourniquet due to the vocal deliveries by both Guy and Gary (sorry guys)
I have a really hard time with Luke's vocals.  I just struggle to  be able to listen to them for more than a few minutes.
I don't know what it is, but they grate on me for some reason.  Really liked Guy Ritter though.

Luke's performance on Vanishing Lessons was awesome. I wish he had been "allowed" to sing that way on subsequent albums, instead of the "shouting" style he mainly used. His vocals also sounded really thin and dry in the mix on the releases following VL. It was a little better on WMARD though. I like Luke's vocals, I just think his talent was misused in Tourniquet.
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Pethead and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next