The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus - What is your local situation?

+35
Contrarian Deist
HenrikB
deathisgain
Samson
Guenther321
BaleMaster
WildWorld
DilemnaNation
TZ75
oldschooldoom
Soldier777
Airola
RegnumIrae
crucifyd
CrimsonWarrior
Frozen Fire
Tobi Elektrik
MetalMusicforJesus99
Grindboy
L8T
Kerrick
Ammocas
New Creation
Snert I
alldatndensum
arttieTHE1manparty
ThomasEversole
Andreas89
eatbugs
Staybrite
Black Rider
Christian metal Horde
MikeInFla
Markus1987
Constantine
39 posters

Page 4 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next

Go down

Coronavirus - What is your local situation? - Page 4 Empty Re: Coronavirus - What is your local situation?

Post by MikeInFla Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:46 am

Our kids are using Google Classroom and Canvas. My wife said most of it is just busy work. My oldest daughter is a senior and she said she wanted to get the entire week done at once but each section is "locked" to where she can't access it until the day it is released. At this point we assume her graduation will be cancelled. And if they extend the school year until June they will have to make arrangements for her to go ahead and graduate because she starts Florida State in June so they would probably overlap. 

My youngest enjoys seeing her friends on the video portion of the classroom. I haven't seen how any of it works because I am still working every day, even with a stay at home order.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus - What is your local situation? - Page 4 Empty Re: Coronavirus - What is your local situation?

Post by Grindboy Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:33 pm

Well, I can make this related “enough” I suppose.  On Monday night I came down with a fever, and particularly as my wife is an ER nurse who could easily have been exposed covid was an immediate thought.  There was abdominal pain also, which kind of just felt like gass pain but instead of going away it got worse.  So first thing Tuesday morning we went in the the ER, certainly not the place we wanted to be but clearly something was wrong, and my wife and the Dr there both thought appendicitis.  When the surgeon looked at the CT scan of my abdomen she said that my appendix had perforated actually 3-5 days prior, which was totally bizarre because I had zero symptoms whatsoever.  But because of the already spread infection, and my body’s already developed a response to it, surgery to remove the infection would have been very traumatic, included removing sections of my intestine, and likely leave me with diarrhea for the rest of my life.  We all agreed that sounded terrible.  So the plan was to treat with heavy IV antibiotics to kill off the infection, and then circle back in about 6 weeks when my intestines etc were no longer inflamed, and talk about surgery to remove the appendix at that point.  So that’s what we did.  The next morning, however, although I seemed to be responding splendidly to the treatment, I randomly awoke with a mostly lost voice.  Which, apparently, made me suspicious enough for covid to bring somebody in to test me.  This also meant that I would be relocated to a unit that was specifically for covid-suspicious patients that required anybody who came into my room to have extra-EXTRA (all nurses etc were already at “extra”) garb, masks, gowns, and precautions.  There was a big oversized dryer vent looking tube in a window sucking out air for negative air pressure, all that jazz.  Anyway, by yesterday morning my test came back negative, and I was recovering well so I was sent home a few hours later, where I seem to continue to progress nicely.  

Whole thing weird, I’d never heard of having your appendix rupture without knowing (???), nor waiting for 6-8 weeks to take it out, but apparently that’s standard treatment for my situation.  Please, I’m not posting for a bunch of drama — it kind of sucks, but it’s ok. . . it obviously will cost us a pretty penny and a bunch of lost work, but we have the blessing of having the money to lose (not wealthy but careful, and plus my wife makes the money really!), so don’t feel like you need to make this into a thread about me or my health.  But there’s not much going on, I thought it was a mildly interesting story, and did pretty well intersect with the covid stuff being in the sort of “quarantine” unit and all that.

So there’s one story from the situation in NH!

Last edited by Grindboy on Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wow, don't know why the font was huge and obnoxious)

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:46 pm

The state of TN is now under a stay at home order and you can be cited for a Class A misdemeanor.  They have hotlines to call so you can rat people it as well.  How much more Orwellian can that get?
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:20 am

Happened to real 1984 this past year.  That's pretty crazy.  Wow.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:24 am

Funny thing, whilst everyone else in my family is mostly confined to home for work and school, my unemployed oldest son is now getting regular work for a demolition firm and getting out most days. Construction is still counted as an essential service.

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:31 am

Erasmus wrote:Funny thing, whilst everyone else in my family is mostly confined to home for work and school, my unemployed oldest son is now getting regular work for a demolition firm and getting out most days. Construction is still counted as an essential service.

If either the school system or the church I pastor decides to stop paying me, I will be going to work.  I've thought about it anyway as I am tired of sitting at home.  I know that both Dollar General and Walmart are hiring.  There are several warehouses hiring right now.  I may just take them up on it just to have something to do.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:48 am

The usual. Lost all civil liberties, economy is crashed and we will no longer be a first world country.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:52 am

alldatndensum wrote:The state of TN is now under a stay at home order and you can be cited for a Class A misdemeanor.  They have hotlines to call so you can rat people it as well.  How much more Orwellian can that get?
It's the same situation in LA with Mayor Carcelli.  He's also set up a snitcher hotline.  If anything, this pandemic has revealed to us who the true fascists are.  Twisted Evil
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:17 pm

I wonder where is ANTIFA during all this?
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:11 pm

So far 23 cases in our county as of this morning and one death.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by L8T Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:31 pm

As of today, 30 fellow employees tested positive, and back to 9 people hospitalized.  I hope that our slow numbers mean that this thing is on the decline.
L8T
L8T
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:55 am

Tiger at Bronx Zoo tests positive for Covid-19.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52177586
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:58 pm

https://youtu.be/9N0mMLBVgSQ

COVID-19 METAL MIX LOLLLLLLL
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:26 pm

Grindboy wrote: So the plan was to treat with heavy IV antibiotics to kill off the infection, and then circle back in about 6 weeks when my intestines etc were no longer inflamed, and talk about surgery to remove the appendix at that point.  So that’s what we did.  The next morning, however, although I seemed to be responding splendidly to the treatment, I randomly awoke with a mostly lost voice.  Which, apparently, made me suspicious enough for covid to bring somebody in to test me.  This also meant that I would be relocated to a unit that was specifically for covid-suspicious patients that required anybody who came into my room to have extra-EXTRA (all nurses etc were already at “extra”) garb, masks, gowns, and precautions.  There was a big oversized dryer vent looking tube in a window sucking out air for negative air pressure, all that jazz.  Anyway, by yesterday morning my test came back negative, and I was recovering well so I was sent home a few hours later, where I seem to continue to progress nicely.  
Grindboy, so sorry to hear this.  I hope this virus situation dies down by the time you have to go into the hospital.  
That would at least provide a safer place for you.  

I am having some medical issues too, different from yours, and may need to get a minor procedure asap.  
Had a tele-visit with my surgeon yesterday.  I am hoping that will not be the case but am taking it day by day right now, and I have my circle of friends praying.  I can certainly add you to my prayer time. 

Black Rider wrote:I wonder where is ANTIFA during all this?
Hopefully staying in their mommy's basements.  Lol.  Have you seen the documentary "Hoaxed"?  
I watched it over the weekend on You Tube, its 2 hours long.  It's excellent.  It exposes fake news and 
what and who is behind it all. Antifa are in it as well.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Otherwise, despite the fact that cases are dying down in my city, the restrictions continue to get worse.  
Now we are no longer allowed to go outside without a face mask.  I was thrown out of 3 supermarkets yesterday for not wearing one.  Since I don't own one, I had to go home and fashion one out of...underwear briefs, Lol!    
The stretchy kind, so I was able to tie 2 sides together.

Also I finally got some disinfectant wipes from Amazon but someone stole the package today from our lobby!   
I am so frustrated.  I really need those.  I also promised some relatives that I would give them some once I got my shipments.
So...it is starting out to be a tough week.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMusicforJesus99 Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:18 am

Figures as of 04/18/2020

In my State:
Total Tested: 54,785
Total Positive Cases:  10,154
Total Deaths: 519

In my County:
Total Tested: 1,139
Total Positive Cases: 130
Total Deaths: 3

The last time I tried to get toilet paper and paper towels there wasn't any.
MetalMusicforJesus99
MetalMusicforJesus99
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:22 am

Tennessee doesn't update their numbers until the afternoon.  However, the morning show host on Supertalk 99.7 has announced that TN is adjusting their death totals.  It will shave nearly half of the COVID deaths from the roles.  

See--we've been saying the numbers were overinflated.

We also have a big state-wide "open the state" rally happening on Monday in Nashville.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMusicforJesus99 Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:24 am

alldatndensum wrote:Tennessee doesn't update their numbers until the afternoon.  However, the morning show host on Supertalk 99.7 has announced that TN is adjusting their death totals.  It will shave nearly half of the COVID deaths from the roles.  

See--we've been saying the numbers were overinflated.

We also have a big state-wide "open the state" rally happening on Monday in Nashville.
I live in Indiana.  Dashboard updated daily at 12:00 PM

I'm currently being paid but I'm not allowed to come to work.
MetalMusicforJesus99
MetalMusicforJesus99
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:09 pm

Did you guys see this? https://disrn.com/news/as-part-of-quarantine-enforcement-california-officials-fill-skate-part-with-74000-pounds-of-sand?fbclid=IwAR1SZUqaj74vpfjfzwaEMClNM191uyENucbFxw7EdspL_ps4k8_lxoey-UQ
We've taken kids out of schools and shut down everything they could do. We're asking for trouble as they get bored.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:53 pm

Well my state continues to be the leader in cases and deaths.   As of today, there have been 229,642 confirmed cases and 13,300 deaths in the state, not counting the deaths of people that can't be directly linked to the covid virus but it may have been involved.

The rate is slowing, thankfully, but the restrictions keep getting more draconian.  Now we cannot go outside without a mask and we cannot enter a supermarket or business without a mask AND gloves.   Parks are all shut down and now they say the beaches and pools will also be closed for the entire summer.

Lines are long and slow at supermarkets and the Post Office.  And I am still having a very difficult time getting supplies delivered like food and especially disinfectant wipes.  I finally scored some on Amazon but the package got stolen on Wednesday and never made it to me.   Things have been very frustrating to say the least.

People are getting fed up throughout the country but the media is painting that as a "right wing revolt against the Democratic mayors and governors."   The mainstream media seems determined into making this crisis erupt into a civil war.  Of course, it's more ratings and more money for them.  The media is also pushing China Government propaganda.   They are a despicable lot.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:27 pm

Imo it's going to get ugly in places that keep the lock down going. Sorry to hear how frustrating it is for you Constantine, praying for you.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:36 pm

^ Thank you so much, sir! I am grateful for prayers. I am also having some unwelcome medical issues right now and that's worrisome as well. It looks like I will need to go in for a procedure soon, which is not good because I should not have needed this particular procedure for another 6 months. Plus it has risks of making my condition worse. Taking each hour at a time right now.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:01 pm

That's rough, keep us updated.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by L8T Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:32 pm

The hospital I work in is a county hospital in the most populated county in our state.  Our top number of covid  patients at one time has appeared to flatten out at 21.  Only 60 some people have been hospitalized in a county of 1.5 + million.  That's pretty low.

50 of my co-workers have tested positive but 37 are already back to work.  I think I had it in February. I had what I thought was a respitory cold, didn't do much for 8 days.  Lots of my co-workers think the same thing about themselves.  They just started testing for anti-bodies but none of us have had that yet.  I don't have any science to back it up, except an Oxford study and now a west coast university (can't remember), but we all just thought we would have had it by now.

So my hospital is now preparing for the second wave when we stop the quarantine.  I hope and pray that the second wave is just a much a dud as the first. 

Just this week Had to start wearing an N95 mask.   Mad  

I hope you all are doing well.

Last edited by L8T on Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cause I Love tiny print)
L8T
L8T
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:32 am

I have learned that if you don't believe everything that CNN and other lamestream media sources tell you and you share that on Facebook, you will have people try to tell you that you hate old people and want people to die.  They will also tell you to go out and live your life but be sure to refuse treatment when you get the virus.  Isn't that wishing someone dead, too?

Because of this, I have suspended my Facebook account.  I just can't people right now.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:32 am

While it's serious, the amount of panic is scary. We've learned all the government needs to do to control us is instill fear and people will line up for the cattle cars. Come quickly Lord Jesus.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next