The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And the disappointment of the year is... [Song, album, band, situation...]

+10
Black Rider
Pro-Zak
Kerrick
mothy
Hardcore Christian
Constantine
alldatndensum
deathisgain
My Awesome Timothy
Lex Metalis
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

And the disappointment of the year is... [Song, album, band, situation...] Empty And the disappointment of the year is... [Song, album, band, situation...]

Post by Lex Metalis Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:17 am

Well, to me is the loss of faith from some bands... This always makes me fell bad.
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

And the disappointment of the year is... [Song, album, band, situation...] Empty Re: And the disappointment of the year is... [Song, album, band, situation...]

Post by My Awesome Timothy Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:08 pm

Preordering from a band most of us used to love featuring members of a band from the late 80’s and 90’s over 18 months ago, and not getting ANYTHING apart from excuses or ignoring messages or just passing the buck!  Really disappointed that ‘Christians’ behave like this..... $67 down the drain.  Won’t be supporting them anymore I’m afraid.  Crying or Very sad
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

And the disappointment of the year is... [Song, album, band, situation...] Empty Re: And the disappointment of the year is... [Song, album, band, situation...]

Post by deathisgain Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:16 pm

Me not releasing my album. ;( Razz
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:52 pm

Mine would be waiting for months for music from a favorite artist that is still not released by the promised time.  It may be months before the album comes out despite reaching the Kickstarter campaign reaching its goal some time back.  I hate overly drawn out pledge drives when the artist can't stay on their schedule.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:54 am

My Awesome Timothy wrote:Preordering from a band most of us used to love featuring members of a band from the late 80’s and 90’s over 18 months ago, and not getting ANYTHING apart from excuses or ignoring messages or just passing the buck!  Really disappointed that ‘Christians’ behave like this..... $67 down the drain.  Won’t be supporting them anymore I’m afraid.  Crying or Very sad

Possession?
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:25 am

Speaking of Kickstarter-related nightmares, anyone familiar with Fleming & John?  I realize they're not metal at all, but I've been a fan of this band since 1995 and come April, it will have been 5 YEARS since their campaign ended to fund a new album!  Are you kidding me?  Thankfully I only contributed $20 for a CD which appears now to be a total waste.  I mean, I could have used that same money to pre-order the Intense Defense reissue!  On the bright side though, at least there's still the possibility of Guy Ritter, Gary Lenaire, Erik Mendez, Victor Macias and Ted Kirkpatrick getting together to record a proper follow up to "Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance"!  Maybe a snowball DOES have a chance in hell, which just might by the way, freeze over!  2020 is looking good!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:58 pm

Biggest disappointment of the year is the lack of fiances to fix the car, or buy presents or just get the stuff needed to do some holiday baking thats my biggest disappointment  well that and my novel fizzled  out on me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:09 pm

Well besides the fact that my health issues have not been miraculously cured and other related things, I am disappointed that reissues cost so much, and that they are not often available digitally at a lower price point.  

Also I am disappointed that no company has yet (to my knowledge) produced a really good yet affordable Bluetooth speaker.  The vast majority are decent but not great, especially lacking in bass.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:32 pm

Yeah, for me it was definitely Gideon going the route they did, of not only not being Christians anymore
but making an album full of vile language,............ just because
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:50 pm

Constantine wrote:Well besides the fact that my health issues have not been miraculously cured and other related things, I am disappointed that reissues cost so much, and that they are not often available digitally at a lower price point.  

Also I am disappointed that no company has yet (to my knowledge) produced a really good yet affordable Bluetooth speaker.  The vast majority are decent but not great, especially lacking in bass.
"I am disappointed that reissues cost so much, and that they are not often available digitally at a lower price point."

Amen to that, sometimes not digitally available at all, vinyl is readily available though (which I still dont understand the obsession. Being someone born on the edge of it I thought they were a pain in the (you know what).
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:54 pm

deathisgain wrote:Me not releasing my album. ;( Razz

This too is my biggest disappointment.   Razz

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:22 pm

Kerrick wrote:

Give me your address, and I'll send you a Little Orphan Annie decoder ring with a secret message.
deathisgain
deathisgain

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:31 pm

Nada wrote:Speaking of Kickstarter-related nightmares, anyone familiar with Fleming & John?  I realize they're not metal at all, but I've been a fan of this band since 1995 and come April, it will have been 5 YEARS since their campaign ended to fund a new album!  Are you kidding me?  Thankfully I only contributed $20 for a CD which appears now to be a total waste.  I mean, I could have used that same money to pre-order the Intense Defense reissue!  On the bright side though, at least there's still the possibility of Guy Ritter, Gary Lenaire, Erik Mendez, Victor Macias and Ted Kirkpatrick getting together to record a proper follow up to "Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance"!  Maybe a snowball DOES have a chance in hell, which just might by the way, freeze over!  2020 is looking good!

As much as artists hated labels, this is one of the reasons they were good. They cracked the whip on artist. I usually defend the artist, as most of them have day jobs and families and such and their time is limited. Add to that the fact that they will bust their butts for a couple of people to buy their album (in the Christian market) and I can understand why they drag their feet. I am the same way. Kerrick will testify to that! That being said, if I had people put their hard earned money into my campaign, you can bet I would do all I could do to make them happy and deliver in a reasonable amount of time. It's just poor conduct unbecoming of a Christian to take people's money, and not deliver or even communicate what is going on. It's unacceptable.
deathisgain
deathisgain

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:33 pm

Hardcore Christian wrote:Yeah, for me it was definitely Gideon going the route they did, of not only not being Christians anymore
but making an album full of vile language,............ just because

They no longer in the Army?

Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:47 pm

Wrong Gideon.  lol!
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:06 pm

I totally agree.  My friends and I were vinyl collectors back in the day.   

We have discussed this and agree that we have no desire to ever collect vinyl again for reasons such as:

- Records are heavy
- Records take up a lot of space
- Records are delicate and need to be cared for
- We hated the snap, crackle, and pop sounds 
- We hate it when they skip
- CD's, and even digital, have more dynamic range in general
- New vinyl is like $25-$35 a pop!

Yeah, the big pictures are cool. 

Yeah, a big lyric sheet is nice. 

But to us, it isn't worth it at this point in life.

In fact, we have been selling off all of our vinyl on Ebay.

I would like to know more about who collects vinyl now, i.e. the demographics.....is it mostly Boomers and Generation X longing for nostalgia, or is it younger folks wanting to see what the fuss was about?   I would be curious to know more about what is driving this latest obsession for vinyl.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:16 pm

^^ Totally agree Ive read articles on it and alot of the musicians interviewed  from the analog era dont get it, they love the new digital recording methods. Also why would you take a digitally engineered record then put it on analog media. Home is where I listen to the least amount of music so why would I wnat to get something I cant use anywhere else.

Sorry RANT over. I know there is alot of people that love the new vinyl craze
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:27 pm

deathisgain wrote:
That being said, if I had people put their hard earned money into my campaign, you can bet I would do all I could do to make them happy and deliver in a reasonable amount of time. It's just poor conduct unbecoming of a Christian to take people's money, and not deliver or even communicate what is going on. It's unacceptable.

Couldn't agree more.  Good customer service should be paramount, especially when you are a Christian. I remember when I was a new Christian and I got ripped off by a supposedly Christian music mail order company called "Number 1 Son."   I couldn't believe it, it was so disillusioning and unexpected.   They took my $100 and never delivered my product despite repeated inquires and empty promises. 

Others had the same experience.   Eventually the guy who ran it died.   He was apparently some kind of flaky ne'er do well.  I would have liked to give him a good shellacking back then. 

That's why I like the fact that sites like Ebay and Amazon will give buyers a chance to leave seller ratings. Or there is Twitter, Google Reviews, FB, etc.  The internet is not perfect but it has given us a platform for holding people to some degree of  accountability.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus1987 Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:29 pm

LexMetalis wrote:Well, to me is the loss of faith from some bands... This always makes me fell bad.

I agree with you, bro.
Markus1987
Markus1987
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:41 pm

deathisgain wrote:
Nada wrote:Speaking of Kickstarter-related nightmares, anyone familiar with Fleming & John?  I realize they're not metal at all, but I've been a fan of this band since 1995 and come April, it will have been 5 YEARS since their campaign ended to fund a new album!  Are you kidding me?  Thankfully I only contributed $20 for a CD which appears now to be a total waste.  I mean, I could have used that same money to pre-order the Intense Defense reissue!  On the bright side though, at least there's still the possibility of Guy Ritter, Gary Lenaire, Erik Mendez, Victor Macias and Ted Kirkpatrick getting together to record a proper follow up to "Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance"!  Maybe a snowball DOES have a chance in hell, which just might by the way, freeze over!  2020 is looking good!

As much as artists hated labels, this is one of the reasons they were good. They cracked the whip on artist. I usually defend the artist, as most of them have day jobs and families and such and their time is limited. Add to that the fact that they will bust their butts for a couple of people to buy their album (in the Christian market) and I can understand why they drag their feet. I am the same way. Kerrick will testify to that! That being said, if I had people put their hard earned money into my campaign, you can bet I would do all I could do to make them happy and deliver in a reasonable amount of time. It's just poor conduct unbecoming of a Christian to take people's money, and not deliver or even communicate what is going on. It's unacceptable.

Agreed!

So what you're saying is that if I mailed you a check for the CD... then you'd finish it?  I can probably squeeze that out of our budget; just let me know your address.  Smile

(p.s. since Warpriest 2019 isn't gonna happen, you could still make it in time for my birthday on January 5th!  Very Happy )

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:28 pm

Bands shouldn't accept kickstarter or pre-order money until all the tracks are at least recorded, if not mixed and mastered.

For me to buy something on vinyl, it has to be something I consider really exceptional.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:55 pm

Kerrick wrote:

Tritto! Razz
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:13 pm

Kerrick wrote:
deathisgain wrote:

Agreed!

So what you're saying is that if I mailed you a check for the CD... then you'd finish it?  I can probably squeeze that out of our budget; just let me know your address.  Smile

(p.s. since Warpriest 2019 isn't gonna happen, you could still make it in time for my birthday on January 5th!  Very Happy )

I would not want to steal food out of Gloria's mouth. Plus, you pack heat. Razz
deathisgain
deathisgain

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:31 pm

That should be extra motivation!  Twisted Evil

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:59 am

Hmm, disappointment of the year... In terms of albums, I'd say the self-titled debut album by Warrior Path. I should've learned by now that Greek heavy/power metal is only really good on very rare occasions (another example of this mediocrity would be Diviner, but I didn't fall for them this year). On the upside, it taught me the simple yet important lesson that in case of any album: listen first, buy second.

Other than that, I'd say I'm pretty disappointed about Gloriam Dei and Northern Flame still not having released their albums...
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next