The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And the disappointment of the year is... [Song, album, band, situation...]

+10
Black Rider
Pro-Zak
Kerrick
mothy
Hardcore Christian
Constantine
alldatndensum
deathisgain
My Awesome Timothy
Lex Metalis
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

And the disappointment of the year is... [Song, album, band, situation...] - Page 2 Empty Re: And the disappointment of the year is... [Song, album, band, situation...]

Post by mothy Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:30 am

Wow I love Greek power metal, Im surprised that you didnt like the new Diviner
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

And the disappointment of the year is... [Song, album, band, situation...] - Page 2 Empty Re: And the disappointment of the year is... [Song, album, band, situation...]

Post by deathisgain Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:38 pm

Andreas89 wrote:Hmm, disappointment of the year... In terms of albums, I'd say the self-titled debut album by Warrior Path. I should've learned by now that Greek heavy/power metal is only really good on very rare occasions (another example of this mediocrity would be Diviner, but I didn't fall for them this year). On the upside, it taught me the simple yet important lesson that in case of any album: listen first, buy second.

Other than that, I'd say I'm pretty disappointed about Gloriam Dei and Northern Flame still not having released their albums...

I forgot about the new Diviner album. I think I listened to the first song and was like "meh". Which is sad because I absolutely loved the first album.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:13 pm

I was hoping we'd get that new Renascent EP this year but I guess not. Something else to look forward to in 2020 I guess!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:20 pm

I think I agree with the OP .... weak, sell-out, worldly (ex)-"Christian" bands and their lyrics is always my biggest disappointment.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:37 pm

What am I missing, is there a band specifically in mind with that comment?
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:58 pm

mothy wrote:What am I missing, is there a band specifically in mind with that comment?

Biggest one IMHO is Believer, but they are plentiful.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:01 pm

I know they are very ambiguous about their faith but has there been something else come out?
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:36 pm

deathisgain wrote:
Nada wrote:Speaking of Kickstarter-related nightmares, anyone familiar with Fleming & John?  I realize they're not metal at all, but I've been a fan of this band since 1995 and come April, it will have been 5 YEARS since their campaign ended to fund a new album!  Are you kidding me?  Thankfully I only contributed $20 for a CD which appears now to be a total waste.  I mean, I could have used that same money to pre-order the Intense Defense reissue!  On the bright side though, at least there's still the possibility of Guy Ritter, Gary Lenaire, Erik Mendez, Victor Macias and Ted Kirkpatrick getting together to record a proper follow up to "Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance"!  Maybe a snowball DOES have a chance in hell, which just might by the way, freeze over!  2020 is looking good!

As much as artists hated labels, this is one of the reasons they were good. They cracked the whip on artist. I usually defend the artist, as most of them have day jobs and families and such and their time is limited. Add to that the fact that they will bust their butts for a couple of people to buy their album (in the Christian market) and I can understand why they drag their feet. I am the same way. Kerrick will testify to that! That being said, if I had people put their hard earned money into my campaign, you can bet I would do all I could do to make them happy and deliver in a reasonable amount of time. It's just poor conduct unbecoming of a Christian to take people's money, and not deliver or even communicate what is going on. It's unacceptable.

After 5 years, you should consider yourself ripped off and move on.  I get that bands work day jobs and have lives.  I also know from being an indie artist that you find the time to do what you love to do.  Five years is totally unacceptable after the campaign ends.  You should be asking for your money back from Fleming & John as it would appear that they have no intention of releasing that album.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:00 am

mothy wrote:Wow I love Greek power metal, Im surprised that you didnt like the new Diviner
I have big issues with Greek pm. It's almost always the same: the first minute sounds great, but nothing really changes after that. At first I liked Diviner's debut, but at some point I realized that except for Kingdom Come, all other songs sounded the same to a much larger extent than normal euro power.
And that's exactly my main problem with Greek power. It's not as melodic as other euro power, and it's more repetitive than US power. There are exceptions though, Firewind has two good albums with Forged by Fire and The Premonition, and Innerwish had a good self titled release (but way too long sadly). I did hear good things from Orion's Reign and Wardrum though.
I could go on longer, but I already may have tested Kerrick's patience with my off topic musings.
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:11 am

Andreas89 wrote:I could go on longer, but I already may have tested Kerrick's patience with my off topic musings.

Ha, you go right ahead!  So long as the discussions are good, I'm *usually* not a stickler for keeping them specifically on topic.   Smile

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:13 am

Andreas89 wrote:Other than that, I'd say I'm pretty disappointed about Gloriam Dei and Northern Flame still not having released their albums...

Me too...I was really hoping Gloriam Dei would have released "Midnight Sun" this year.  
A new Northern Flame would be nice too.

Also, generally agree about the Greek power metal - it can sound really nice, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of substance behind much of it.   I feel the same with some of Iced Earth's material.   But that's just my opinion.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2