The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus - What is your local situation?

+35
Contrarian Deist
HenrikB
deathisgain
Samson
Guenther321
BaleMaster
WildWorld
DilemnaNation
TZ75
oldschooldoom
Soldier777
Airola
RegnumIrae
crucifyd
CrimsonWarrior
Frozen Fire
Tobi Elektrik
MetalMusicforJesus99
Grindboy
L8T
Kerrick
Ammocas
New Creation
Snert I
alldatndensum
arttieTHE1manparty
ThomasEversole
Andreas89
eatbugs
Staybrite
Black Rider
Christian metal Horde
MikeInFla
Markus1987
Constantine
39 posters

Page 18 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down

Coronavirus - What is your local situation? - Page 18 Empty Re: Coronavirus - What is your local situation?

Post by ThomasEversole Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:02 am

DilemnaNation wrote:If you choose to keep believing that any of this is real, then go ahead.  I'm certainly not stopping you.

DilemnaNation wrote:You mock what you don't understand instead of taking the time to investigate for yourself.  This is the very definition of ignorance.

DilemnaNation wrote:Your worldview doesn't seem to allow for any conspiratorial "shenanigans" at all, yet you claim to be a believer in Christ. I would suggest that you go back to Genesis and see that the "shenanigans" started in the Garden.

I think I have a better definition of ignorance. Not because of information at all, but because of expectations.
Played out as a conversation,

You know out of all the reading, discussing and national news regarding what's going on with the coronavirus? Yeah, that's all lies. Why? Because one guy, on one forum, who only posts in 1 thread, says it is. What's his proof? Some articles he found, and some interpretations he has of them. How does he know he's right? He never says. Its just a walls of paragraphs making noise, on how his obscure articles he found are right, but all other information that says any different, is wrong. We're ignorant if we doubt what he's said.
He'll also attack people's faith as a Christian too, if they push back to what he's saying.

Wait, so how is he not ignorant for thinking that anyone would believe an anonymous, on one forum, who only posts in 1 thread, over all other experts, local family, friends and news? That's an amazing question, and I can only speculate that its either due to pride, or defect of character.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

alldatndensum, BaleMaster, Guenther321 and DilemnaNation like this post

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus - What is your local situation? - Page 18 Empty Re: Coronavirus - What is your local situation?

Post by Ammocas Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:20 pm

What’s my local situation? Well, I live here in One of the five boroughs of New York City and I work for the city and state of New York. I’m considered an essential worker and in the past few months I have lost my immediate boss and three of my co workers whom I’ve known and worked with for the last 28 years to Covid-19. My wife works in the local Hospital and has been involved first hand with COVID-19 patients and has witnessed death firsthand from this virus. So, when I read about all the conspiracy nonsense please understand how I see it a bit differently. 

Understandably, different parts of the country or world for that matter will not have the high rates of sickness and death as a major city would, but make no mistake .... this is no conspiracy! When you see the sickness and death firsthand you will undoubtedly agree with me. I pray that everyone reading this is safe and healthy and has the Lords mighty protection over them.

I thank God that he has protected my wife and I and both our families and we have not had a positive test yet. Due to our jobs, we have been tested quite a few times and we both recently had the anti body testing done and have come up 100% negative.

There is a lot of crap and nonsense going on with politics and this virus and just life in general but as Christians we must remain strong and confident in Christ. Remember, we are to be a beacon in the darkness of this world...and the only way to peace is through knowing Jesus Christ as our Saviour.
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

WildWorld, Constantine, BaleMaster and Guenther321 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:35 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:I think I have a better definition of ignorance.  Not because of information at all, but because of expectations.
Played out as a conversation,

You know out of all the reading, discussing and national news regarding what's going on with the coronavirus?  Yeah, that's all lies.  Why?  Because one guy, on one forum, who only posts in 1 thread, says it is.  What's his proof?  Some articles he found, and some interpretations he has of them.  How does he know he's right?  He never says.  Its just a walls of paragraphs making noise, on how his obscure articles he found are right, but all other information that says any different, is wrong.  We're ignorant if we doubt what he's said.
He'll also attack people's faith as a Christian too, if they push back to what he's saying.  

Wait, so how is he not ignorant for thinking that anyone would believe an anonymous, on one forum, who only posts in 1 thread, over all other experts, local family, friends and news?  That's an amazing question, and I can only speculate that its either due to pride, or defect of character.

One word: Gnosticism.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

ThomasEversole, BaleMaster and Guenther321 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guenther321 Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:58 am

I like how a certain someone manages to acknowledge certain statements in a post, but ignore the statements in that same post that prove him wrong.....

Guenther321
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:42 am

Ammocas wrote:...in the past few months I have lost my immediate boss and three of my co workers whom I’ve known and worked with for the last 28 years to Covid-19. My wife works in the local Hospital and has been involved first hand with COVID-19 patients and has witnessed death firsthand from this virus. So, when I read about all the conspiracy nonsense please understand how I see it a bit differently. 
Wow, I am so sorry you lost your boss and the co-workers to Covid.  That's sad to hear.

I know people who have lost family members to this virus.  I agree that the pandemic is overblown, being used as a political, weapon, used by Democrat politicians to control and harass people, and was possibly unleashed on us deliberately and with evil intent.  But at the same time I know without a doubt that there is a virus, it is very real, and it is killing people.

These ideas about this virus are not mutually exclusive.  It is possible for there to be a real virus at the same time that said virus can be used for nefarious purposes from all directions.

The people who insist that the "virus is a hoax and doesn't exist" remind me of how I used to be when I was much younger and a newer Christian.  My thinking and reasoning were black and white, legalistic, judgmental, no shades of gray.  If I insisted that something was true about someone else, then in my mind it was true...even if I knew very little about them and nothing about their motives.  But when you are insecure and fearful and want to have a sense of control, these are some of the ways in which you seek that sense of control.   As we mature, we hopefully get past a lot of the black and white thinking and embrace the complexities and nuances of life.  And we hopefully begin to loosen our grip on everything around us and learn to embrace the uncertainties of life, or at least accept that they are there.  There's a lot more I would like to say but will leave it there for now.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:40 am

Back in May my sister-in-law in Georgia tested positive for it and had a rough week and half of great exhaustion with it.

Four weeks ago my grandmother's nursing home had an outbreak. She passed from it on Monday in the hospital. She was unresponsive in the hospital since she had arrived last week. Thankfully my youngest brother was able to suit up and go visit her, sing to her, read the 23rd Psalm to her and tell her how much we loved her. She passed a few hours later.

Currently my brother in Nashville has it and has a headache, lack of taste and smell and tiredness. He is doing well but got it from his mother-in-law in Arizona who is still sick. He is teaching his classes from home as middle school teacher.

Currently we are waiting on test results for my 3 year old and 8 month old preemie. Our three year old daughter's preschool teacher tested positive and our daughter has had some notable cold-like symptoms for about a week and the little one has been really suffering through the same at home being prescribed in inhaler to help him since he's having a really hard time breathing while trying to sleep (the reason I'm currently typing this). I have stayed home from school the past two days myself and will have to be quarantined the next week or so depending on the results of those two's tests along with our older boys. My wife, myself, and the older two are doing well though I was abnormally tired the last few days with mild symptoms. We're hoping we just have a nasty cold around our house otherwise I won't be able to attend my grandmother's service which I am actually supposed to officiate (I'm a pastor and a teacher).
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:47 pm

Frozen Fire wrote:Back in May my sister-in-law in Georgia tested positive for it and had a rough week and half of great exhaustion with it.

Four weeks ago my grandmother's nursing home had an outbreak. She passed from it on Monday in the hospital. She was unresponsive in the hospital since she had arrived last week. Thankfully my youngest brother was able to suit up and go visit her, sing to her, read the 23rd Psalm to her and tell her how much we loved her. She passed a few hours later.

Currently my brother in Nashville has it and has a headache, lack of taste and smell and tiredness. He is doing well but got it from his mother-in-law in Arizona who is still sick. He is teaching his classes from home as middle school teacher.

Currently we are waiting on test results for my 3 year old and 8 month old preemie. Our three year old daughter's preschool teacher tested positive and our daughter has had some notable cold-like symptoms for about a week and the little one has been really suffering through the same at home being prescribed in inhaler to help him since he's having a really hard time breathing while trying to sleep (the reason I'm currently typing this). I have stayed home from school the past two days myself and will have to be quarantined the next week or so depending on the results of those two's tests along with our older boys. My wife, myself, and the older two are doing well though I was abnormally tired the last few days with mild symptoms. We're hoping we just have a nasty cold around our house otherwise I won't be able to attend my grandmother's service which I am actually supposed to officiate (I'm a pastor and a teacher).

So sorry to hear all that. Praying for you and the family.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:20 pm

My parents both tested positive for COVID. I've been keeping fairly close tabs on them, but they both feel ok. They're quite bored though, having to quarantine.

They got this letter from the local health department that is just bizzare. It was basically this formal agreement to sign and return, saying they agreed to follow "quarantine rules", or else the health department would file criminal charges with the court.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:35 pm

deathisgain wrote:
Frozen Fire wrote:Back in May my sister-in-law in Georgia tested positive for it and had a rough week and half of great exhaustion with it.

So sorry to hear all that. Praying for you and the family.

Thank you!

Thankfully my kids tested negative for COVID so I'm back at work. My brother is back tomorrow after 10 days out and is feeling back to normal. My grandmother's service was wonderful! God helped me through and supplied through her faith and the testimony of her life.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:05 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:My parents both tested positive for COVID. I've been keeping fairly close tabs on them, but they both feel ok. They're quite bored though, having to quarantine.

They got this letter from the local health department that is just bizzare. It was basically this formal agreement to sign and return, saying they agreed to follow "quarantine rules", or else the health department would file criminal charges with the court.

The health department in our county here in Tennessee really dropped the ball on us.  Despite being given my wife's cell phone number, they used our old landline they had on file from many years ago.  We don't answer it and only have it because AT&T won't let you have internet without a land line.  They tried to call her once by their own admission.  My wife's former employer told her she needed to be checking in with the health department regularly.  She called them, and they had already closed her case.

I found out today when I went back to the clinic where we both were tested that the health department should have also been calling to check on me while I was in quarantine after having been around my wife.  I had given the clinic my current phone number and made sure they removed my house number from their records.  The health department has sent us no letters and made no calls.

We were supposed to get a letter from the CDC when my wife tested positive.  We received nothing to date, and that was 25 days ago.  And then they wonder why so many Americans trust everything they have been told about this.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:49 am

alldatndensum wrote:The health department in our county here in Tennessee really dropped the ball on us.

alldatndensum wrote:And then they wonder why so many Americans trust everything they have been told about this.

Yeesh.  It seems like approach between health departments isn't consistent at all.  Sorry they all but neglected you and your wife.

I talked to my mom after making my last post here, and was asking more about that letter they got.  It makes even less sense now.  Both my parents, I think, have been talking to the health department by phone, daily, and said the calls were friendly and of course mom and dad agreed to the quarantine rules.  Nothing to them indicated a verbal confirmation wasn't good enough.

THEN they get this letter that's practically a "cease and desist" letter.  I haven't seen it myself, but both my parents made it sound like if they didn't sign it and return it by a certain date (saying they agree to quarantine), that some police officers would drag them out of their home and "quarantine them somewhere else".
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:54 am

Welcome to AmeriKa.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Constantine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:59 am

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of light, it was the season of darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair."

- Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:23 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:that some police officers would drag them out of their home and "quarantine them somewhere else".

Then I talked to someone else, they said that in their state, anyone who doesn't sign "that letter", ends up getting some police officers to come over with ankle bracelets. The track-your-every movement kind.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Samson Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:16 am

ThomasEversole wrote:
ThomasEversole wrote:that some police officers would drag them out of their home and "quarantine them somewhere else".

Then I talked to someone else, they said that in their state, anyone who doesn't sign "that letter", ends up getting some police officers to come over with ankle bracelets. The track-your-every movement kind.

Wonder how they'll be able to do that since they want to "defund the police"
Samson
Samson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Constantine and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:03 am

Tyrant
Tyrant

Constantine and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:46 pm

This is just quarantine which countries have done with any outbreak of disease for centuries. We are doing something similar in Australia with people returning from overseas. It really gets to me that the right wing are making more of this than it deserves and trying to scare people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:34 am

^Well I dunno, I think it's a fair bit more than just quarantine. It's one thing to ask people to quarantine inside their homes... but something else entirely to remove people and their entire families to other locations - with or without their consent - and forcing medical treatment (or longer stays), all without any due process. Also, keep in mind that (AFAIK) these tests are still ripe with false positives because they can't differentiate between covid-19 and the numerous other corona viruses. So it's certain that many perfectly healthy folks are being ripped from their homes and livelihoods for no reason (all at the tax-payers' expense, of course). That sounds pretty tyrannical to me!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:16 pm

I think this is a case of different perspectives. To you in the US this is a gross violation of rights whereas here, in our part of the world, we just say fair enough as long as you treat those in quarantine well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:34 pm

Erasmus, here in America we are in a situation where our freedoms, liberties, and speech have been eroded in recent years, by certain political factions - and those factions promise even more erosion if they win power in November. So yes, I'd say from our perspective when we hear of things like "camps," it sets off alarms because some of them - including the person who ran against Donald Trump - have talked about putting us in forced "re-education camps." These are people who have proven themselves to not be trustworthy or altruistic and so things like this are met with great suspicion.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Kerrick, crucifyd and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:25 pm

Kerrick wrote:^Well I dunno, I think it's a fair bit more than just quarantine.  It's one thing to ask people to quarantine inside their homes... but something else entirely to remove people and their entire families to other locations - with or without their consent - and forcing medical treatment (or longer stays), all without any due process.  Also, keep in mind that (AFAIK) these tests are still ripe with false positives because they can't differentiate between covid-19 and the numerous other corona viruses.  So it's certain that many perfectly healthy folks are being ripped from their homes and livelihoods for no reason (all at the tax-payers' expense, of course).  That sounds pretty tyrannical to me!

Also, remember that the CDC now says that 80% of those who have had the virus wore masks.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/10/12/cdc-study-finds-overwhelming-majority-of-people-getting-coronavirus-wore-masks/

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/pdfs/mm6936a5-H.pdf
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobi Elektrik Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:59 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Also, remember that the CDC now says that 80% of those who have had the virus wore masks.

But who said that those masks are giving any protection to the people who are wearing them? Shocked They are just hampering the air flow to limit the range of your exhaled air...
This study just confirms a very old standard of knowledge.  Suspect

Tobi Elektrik
Tobi Elektrik
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:32 am

Oh joy.  Our corrupt and incompetent politicians told us we are getting another FULL lockdown right after Christmas.  Meanwhile, our tone-deaf, sociopathic governor is holding a $10,000 a plate, celebrity fundraiser for himself while he continues to bankrupt restaurants and small businesses here.

Holding a fundraiser for them probably never crossed his narcissistic mind.

No wonder some of the wealthy are fleeing the state.  They're sick and tired.
Wish I could leave too.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster and Contrarian Deist like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Contrarian Deist Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:04 pm

*The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants*-Thomas Jefferson.

It's about time to to refresh the tree of liberty.

😤🤬☠😪

Fear Factory- freedom or fire.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g5njWqS2e9Q

Contrarian Deist
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:30 am

My school system has gone full remote this week.  I am super bored without my special ed. kids.  As a teacher's aid, I am supposed to be utilized making phone calls to parents of kids who are not logging on for virtual classes or are falling behind while on remote.  However, they haven't asked any of us to do anything, so I am just sitting.  I am thankful to be working and getting paid, but we are seriously wasting tax payer dollars here.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Contrarian Deist likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next