The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random thoughts...

+46
nocturnaliridescence
TopJosh (Josh L.)
Fundy
Krich
scottmitchell74
L8T
Sevenoneself
ChosenNightwolf
Pethead
Son of Nun
Sophia Valentine
Theonymic
Keva
Constantine
Triptyque
Raegoul
Frozen Fire
Dustofyears
TZ75
MagnusPrime
Superjuice
Hidgxx
WildWorld
BaleMaster
Staybrite
Kerrick
Grindboy
CrimsonWarrior
Guenther321
oldschooldoom
Athanasius
Black Rider
New Creation
Rockrz
Snert I
Ammocas
Athonite
Markus1987
Livna
crucifyd
Andreas89
ThomasEversole
alldatndensum
Driven
HenrikB
MikeInFla
50 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Random thoughts... - Page 24 Empty Re: Random thoughts...

Post by Pethead Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:49 pm

Andreas89 wrote:It stinks indeed. Since we're living 600 kilometers away I always kept my distance when this topic was discussed in church, and I was kinda hoping that we'd get back to the Netherlands and find a more biblical church before we'd arrive at this point. It's a mixture of me genuinely not wanting to make a big stink out of it and genuinely caring for the people there and, I hate to admit it, a good dose of cowardice. But today there was a vote and there were five vacancies for elders and only four men available. So I felt I had to inform our designated church elder (who is a few years younger than I am) of our stance in this.

By the way, we're still members there because things are extremely slim pickings in Eastern Germany when it comes to churches. We went to a church plant for a few years but those guys said "the Bible isn't really clear enough to follow" just one too many times.

Yeah, I was wondering how many options you really had where you are. That definitely makes it more difficult.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:12 pm

Grindboy wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:
Black Rider wrote:Imagine a guy like Bird in today's game, it'd be a picnic. And shooting percentage isn't really up, it's that teams take way more threes. It's boring.

💯

Go down the Bird, Magic and MJ youtube rabbit hole and then tell me these people aren't athletic.  

MJ is one of the most athletic athletes ever across all sports.  

Dr J not athletic?
Karl Malone?
Wilt Chamberlain? He's one of Earth's greatest athletes ever.
The Admiral?
Hakeem?
Clyde the Glide?
Pippen?

It's not nostalgia: those guys were utter ballers.

Is this directed at me?

I don't have to go down the youtube rabbit hole, I'm old like you and was there (not Wilt old, but pretty old).

I didn't tell you that Dr. J wasn't athletic, that would be such a stupid argument that it shouldn't even be answered. I didn't say that Robinson wasn't an incredible player, that would also not be worthy of a reply. I happily and obviously agree with your points that there have been outstanding and athletic players through the history of the league. I guess I DO think it's odd that you mention Bird and Magic as athletic, where they really both were successful much, much more on stunning levels of skill and awareness/bbIQ than athleticism, but that's not really a point worth aruguing. 

Bird's my all time favorite player, for what it's worth.

(I also never said shooting percentages are up? Who are you guys arguing with?)
You made the comment about the Uber skilled of today's game is all. No worries, now, get off my lawn.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Grindboy and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:53 pm

Ugh I just did our taxes yesterday.  It's shocking how much money our government takes.   Mad

Tyrant
Tyrant

Black Rider, Pethead, BaleMaster and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:04 pm

Take it and squander it, we're so far from the original intent of the country.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Kerrick, BaleMaster, MagnusPrime and scottmitchell74 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:18 pm

^Yup.  And what's worse is that when they're not wasting it on endless bureaucracy, our tax money is funding all sorts of vile things like abortion and foreign wars, etc.

Tyrant
Tyrant

ThomasEversole, BaleMaster, MagnusPrime and scottmitchell74 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:16 pm

Was looking at the carpets in my house today, it makes me wonder who exactly designs the patterns and such on them, and why they choose to do them in that way.

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:32 pm

Another little Pethead is on the way! Due date is 3 days apart from the first little Pethead.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Black Rider, WildWorld, Kerrick, Andreas89, Ammocas, BaleMaster, MagnusPrime and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Krich Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:38 pm

. wrote:This evening, I had the privilege of venerating the Kursk Root icon.

Wow!  Nothing like a nice evening worshiping mary?

. wrote:Another little Pethead is on the way! Due date is 3 days apart from the first little Pethead.

So what's a pethead anyhow?
Krich
Krich
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:41 pm

Pethead wrote:Another little Pethead is on the way! Due date is 3 days apart from the first little Pethead.

cheers cheers cheers

Congratulations!!!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:47 pm

Kerrick wrote:
Pethead wrote:Another little Pethead is on the way! Due date is 3 days apart from the first little Pethead.

cheers cheers cheers

Congratulations!!!
Congratulations!!! That’s great news!
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:25 am

CONGRATULATIONS!!! So excited for you! My little nephews were visiting this weekend (4 and 6 years old) and I was reminded how awesome it is hanging out and playing with little kids!! That ship has sailed for me so I have to live vicariously through others. All the best, Pethead!
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Kerrick and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:12 pm

Sweet moons of Jupiter, Disney is already developing a live-action remake of Moana.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:43 pm

Pethead wrote:Sweet moons of Jupiter, Disney is already developing a live-action remake of Moana.
My oldest daughter said the same thing last night!! Well, she didn't say "sweet moons of Jupiter", just the female teenage version of that!
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Andreas89 and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:46 am

I decided to make my own beef jerky, today marks my first attempt. You actually can find it in stores here in Europe but it seemed more fun to make it myself. I will start with the oven but maybe I'll actually purchase a smoker in the future.
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Staybrite, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:34 am

My dad used to make his own beef jerky. It was delicious.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Theonymic Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:04 pm

Krich wrote:
. wrote:This evening, I had the privilege of venerating the Kursk Root icon.

Wow!  Nothing like a nice evening worshiping mary?

If you think worship is only about singing and bowing, then I suppose the answer is yes.

Theonymic
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:55 pm

FYI, he was banned some time ago so you won't be getting any responses from him.  Smile

Tyrant
Tyrant

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:48 pm

I've been dealing with nerve damage in my hands from chemotherapy years ago.  Its been gradually getting more bothersome the past year.  My hands are very sensitive to temperature - I need gloves to carry in a gallon of milk from my wife's shopping trip or its too cold for me to stand it.  Its one reason why my music making has grinded to a halt, considering a few minutes of guitar or drums and my hands hurt to much to want to continue.

On a whim, my wife ordered some compression sleeves for me to try.  I figured 'why not' since physical therapy only helped so much and I don't want to keep taking medication for something like this.

Long story short, they work....great?  Way better than I thought they would?  I'm completely baffled (and so is my medical professional wife) as to why 'tight sleeves' only on my forearms, make my hands stop hurting.  (as much)

Hey, I'll take it!  Even if it is just a placebo.   lol!
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Staybrite, Grindboy, Kerrick, Andreas89, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:26 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:I've been dealing with nerve damage in my hands from chemotherapy years ago.  Its been gradually getting more bothersome the past year.  My hands are very sensitive to temperature - I need gloves to carry in a gallon of milk from my wife's shopping trip or its too cold for me to stand it.  Its one reason why my music making has grinded to a halt, considering a few minutes of guitar or drums and my hands hurt to much to want to continue.

On a whim, my wife ordered some compression sleeves for me to try.  I figured 'why not' since physical therapy only helped so much and I don't want to keep taking medication for something like this.

Long story short, they work....great?  Way better than I thought they would?  I'm completely baffled (and so is my medical professional wife) as to why 'tight sleeves' only on my forearms, make my hands stop hurting.  (as much)

Hey, I'll take it!  Even if it is just a placebo.   lol!

I'm so sorry you've had that bother you so much for so long. Is that "neuropathy," kind of constant pins-and-needles/tingly in your extremeties? With cold sensitivity that can make it feel like electricity is shot into your body in an instant if you touch something cold? I was told to expect all of that, and I sure did. I had gloves on top of the fridge for anytime I had to grab anything, couldn't drink even room temperature without feeling like prongs in my throat, stuff like that. My cold sensitivity went away very quickly after my chemo ended though. I do still have the neuropathy in my fingertips and toes, I was told that should go away but would take some time. I feel like it did get better after about 6 months or so to where I still feel it moment by moment but it doesn't really keep me from doing anything anymore, I can even exersize pretty much normally with only minimal actual discomfort. (Been just over 2 years since my treatments completed.) Was yours "supposed" to continue/get worse? That's crazy. I'm glad you're finding help, I know placebo is "real" but I doubt that's what it is -- for all of our understanding of the body, nobody really knows how/why things work the way they do.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

ThomasEversole and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:15 pm

If you don't want to see the new Captain Marvel coming out, you're sexist.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Staybrite, ThomasEversole, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:28 pm

Black Rider wrote:If you don't want to see the new Captain Marvel coming out, you're sexist.
Random thoughts... - Page 24 4cac961b258d0407f8fe0299d15f808de76b27d4
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Staybrite, ThomasEversole and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:30 pm

Wow my sexism must run so deep that I didn't even know there was a new one coming out!  That being said BR... did you just assume Captain Marvel's gender?!?  That makes you a bigot which is now worse than sexist.   Razz

Tyrant
Tyrant

ThomasEversole, Pethead and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:32 pm

Grindboy wrote:I'm so sorry you've had that bother you so much for so long. Is that "neuropathy," kind of constant pins-and-needles/tingly in your extremeties? With cold sensitivity that can make it feel like electricity is shot into your body in an instant if you touch something cold? I was told to expect all of that, and I sure did. I had gloves on top of the fridge for anytime I had to grab anything, couldn't drink even room temperature without feeling like prongs in my throat, stuff like that. My cold sensitivity went away very quickly after my chemo ended though. I do still have the neuropathy in my fingertips and toes, I was told that should go away but would take some time. I feel like it did get better after about 6 months or so to where I still feel it moment by moment but it doesn't really keep me from doing anything anymore, I can even exersize pretty much normally with only minimal actual discomfort. (Been just over 2 years since my treatments completed.) Was yours "supposed" to continue/get worse? That's crazy. I'm glad you're finding help, I know placebo is "real" but I doubt that's what it is -- for all of our understanding of the body, nobody really knows how/why things work the way they do.

It is neuropathy, but I really only feel the 'pins and needles' in my feet.  My hands, the best way I can describe how they can feel sometimes - ever take like a big stick or a baseball bat as a kid, and then hit a tree or a pole as hard as you could, and then that 'impact ache' in your hands afterward?  Its like that.  

During chemotherapy, I couldn't drink anything hot or cold, because it just felt like (I'd imagine) trying to swallow broken glass.  That went away after I was done with chemo though, but I still often resort to gloves to get things out of a freezer or putting food in my pre-heated oven, because the temperature according to my hands, feels way hotter or colder than it actually is. 

The forms I signed before I did my 4 months of IV chemo, was that there could be PERMANENT nerve damage.  (sure seems permanent to me, since I finished chemo early 2016)  My mom's best friend went through her cancer stuff too, and had the same thing to sign.  We've bonded a little over being able to relate to daily hands and feet woes.

I found what Paul had to say in 2nd Corithians 12 to be comforting.  He had a 'thorn in the flesh' to deal with, and while its about anyone's guess on what exactly his issue was, the premise is still there.  God's grace is all I need too, and He can work through weakness.  

Besides, after I 'graduate' from this 'bone mech with meat armor' for a body, I'll have a new body that won't have to deal with pain.  Haha!
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Grindboy and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Theonymic Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:55 pm

Kerrick wrote:FYI, he was banned some time ago so you won't be getting any responses from him.  Smile
Yikes.

Theonymic
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:38 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:
Grindboy wrote:I'm so sorry you've had that bother you so much for so long. Is that "neuropathy," kind of constant pins-and-needles/tingly in your extremeties? With cold sensitivity that can make it feel like electricity is shot into your body in an instant if you touch something cold? I was told to expect all of that, and I sure did. I had gloves on top of the fridge for anytime I had to grab anything, couldn't drink even room temperature without feeling like prongs in my throat, stuff like that. My cold sensitivity went away very quickly after my chemo ended though. I do still have the neuropathy in my fingertips and toes, I was told that should go away but would take some time. I feel like it did get better after about 6 months or so to where I still feel it moment by moment but it doesn't really keep me from doing anything anymore, I can even exersize pretty much normally with only minimal actual discomfort. (Been just over 2 years since my treatments completed.) Was yours "supposed" to continue/get worse? That's crazy. I'm glad you're finding help, I know placebo is "real" but I doubt that's what it is -- for all of our understanding of the body, nobody really knows how/why things work the way they do.

It is neuropathy, but I really only feel the 'pins and needles' in my feet.  My hands, the best way I can describe how they can feel sometimes - ever take like a big stick or a baseball bat as a kid, and then hit a tree or a pole as hard as you could, and then that 'impact ache' in your hands afterward?  Its like that.  

During chemotherapy, I couldn't drink anything hot or cold, because it just felt like (I'd imagine) trying to swallow broken glass.  That went away after I was done with chemo though, but I still often resort to gloves to get things out of a freezer or putting food in my pre-heated oven, because the temperature according to my hands, feels way hotter or colder than it actually is. 

The forms I signed before I did my 4 months of IV chemo, was that there could be PERMANENT nerve damage.  (sure seems permanent to me, since I finished chemo early 2016)  My mom's best friend went through her cancer stuff too, and had the same thing to sign.  We've bonded a little over being able to relate to daily hands and feet woes.

I found what Paul had to say in 2nd Corithians 12 to be comforting.  He had a 'thorn in the flesh' to deal with, and while its about anyone's guess on what exactly his issue was, the premise is still there.  God's grace is all I need too, and He can work through weakness.  

Besides, after I 'graduate' from this 'bone mech with meat armor' for a body, I'll have a new body that won't have to deal with pain.  Haha!

Interesting the similarities and differences. As I think back (seems like a different lifetime even though it hasn't been that long) I guess I could drink room temp within a couple days of each treatment, but hot was never a problem for drinking or touching, it was just cold sensitivity. I know there are a whole bunch of different "chemo" meds that act differently. I don't remember signing things beforehand, but I probably did, idk. I do remember it being mentioned that it was possible nueropathy could be permanent, but it sounded unlikely. And I think they stopped the med that caused that one or two treatments before I finished, even. So maybe it will be permanent or maybe it will still subside/go away, but luckily it's not really restrictive for me. Anyway, back to random thoughts.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

ThomasEversole and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next