The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random thoughts...

+46
nocturnaliridescence
TopJosh (Josh L.)
Fundy
Krich
scottmitchell74
L8T
Sevenoneself
ChosenNightwolf
Pethead
Son of Nun
Sophia Valentine
Theonymic
Keva
Constantine
Triptyque
Raegoul
Frozen Fire
Dustofyears
TZ75
MagnusPrime
Superjuice
Hidgxx
WildWorld
BaleMaster
Staybrite
Kerrick
Grindboy
CrimsonWarrior
Guenther321
oldschooldoom
Athanasius
Black Rider
New Creation
Rockrz
Snert I
Ammocas
Athonite
Markus1987
Livna
crucifyd
Andreas89
ThomasEversole
alldatndensum
Driven
HenrikB
MikeInFla
50 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Random thoughts... - Page 12 Empty Re: Random thoughts...

Post by ThomasEversole Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:00 am

MagnusPrime wrote:I bet Dem peach mints don't taste so good now.  Razz

That's almost ironic really.  Not trying to be political, but there's only 1 person in our county's history, who has won more presidencies than 1 Clinton, and been acquitted of "Dem peach mints" more times than another Clinton.

lol!
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Kerrick, Andreas89, BaleMaster and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:40 pm

In a cruel twist of irony, a month before Baby #2 is born, our toddler is in the process of dropping her daytime nap and thus sleep at night is very interrupted and far from restful...
 Coffee Coffee Coffee

Though in other news, I've been doing contract work for the company I used to work for back in CA.  Last week they reached out to me to see if I'd like to rejoin and be hired directly again (but continue working remotely).  I think it could be one of those win-win type situations, though I'll have to discuss specifics with them soon.  While it'd mean effectively shelving my own LLC, it'd offer more job reliable/consistent work.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Staybrite, ThomasEversole, Andreas89 and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:59 am

Oh boy, toddler trouble just before the next baby... Stay strong! Kids can handle more and learn to sleep quicker than you think.
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:25 pm

Strangely cool dreams the last two days: 

Thursday, I dreamt that I met a Christian artist, one whom I'd been seeking that had written a cool song of utmost importance.  After he'd explained its inspiration and meaning, the explanation was so profound that I cried. 

When I awoke, my eyes had teared up.  

Today, i dreamed I was in two places simultaneously, and used the opportunity to join a previous boss's baseball team and to connect with a former mentor.  Also, I encountered a fellow high school graduate, one who was tipsy.  Since I don't drink, I have no idea what the last meeting means.   Razz
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

MagnusPrime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:47 am

While I claim no power of dream interpretation, I feel like this would be the Lord telling you to check in on this old schoolmate to be sure they are okay.  Also, this would be my new prayer burden for a while.  Pray for the Lord to rescue them from whatever temptations are overwhelming them.  Pray that they would come to know Jesus.  Pray that the Lord would heal their broken relationships as they also are healed mentally, emotionally, physically, and spiritually.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:45 pm

The girl in question was but a mere acquaintance, but I agree with what you said:  definitely a matter for prayer.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:47 pm

Writing tonight, went into workplace several hours early to accomplish this.  It's nice to be driven again, to invest God-given gifts for the good of the kingdom and to the glory of God.   Cool Guitar guy
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:15 pm

Me on multiple different game chats: This boss is ridiculous.
Someone else 1: That boss is ridiculous
Someone else 1: Sorry for the lag, weather is crazy
Someone else 2: Weather here is good, where are you?
Someone else 1: Detroit, MI
Someone else 3: Hey my kids went to school in Detroit
1 and 3: *continue talking about kids saying the darn'dest things*
Me and 2: *continue talking about crazy game bosses and weather and music and our jobs*
Everyone else (cont'): continuous friendly conversation about the game and life

Me on multiple different Christian music chats: Skald In Veum is one of the Christian extreme metal front runners!
Person 1-4: "A band that has song names like "Eden Raped" or "Goatwhore" is not a Christian band."

Me a week later: Anyway, so how's everyone doing today?
Person 5-10: *doesn't read or reply. Spends their life chopping wood behind a cabin. Last posts were "Stryper is the only Christian band" 6 months ago*
Person 11-15: *doesn't reply. Clutches their Mortification CDs hoping that reading "Skald In Veum" isn't some sort of evil internet spell casting*

Me another week later: What are some of you guys favorite Christian metal bands?
Person 16: "Guys!?!!? STOP USING GENDERED LANGUAGE!!!!!!!!!"
Person 17-21: *replies yelling at the other person for being a gender unicorn*
Person 22: *quotes scripture on loving everyone*
Persons 22-30 *start fighting about theology and gender. I log out and probably in total desperation to connect with people in Christian metal, will most likely be back to experience something similar at all these locations again.*
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

alldatndensum, BaleMaster and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:23 pm

It is getting increasingly harder to connect with anyone anymore because of our polarized differences.  Everyone feels like they SHOULD have a voice and take a stand when truthfully we just wanted to get together to discuss whatever drew us together in the first place.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

ThomasEversole and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:40 pm

alldatndensum wrote:It is getting increasingly harder to connect with anyone anymore because of our polarized differences.  Everyone feels like they SHOULD have a voice and take a stand when truthfully we just wanted to get together to discuss whatever drew us together in the first place.

...yes, and its sad to me that when it comes to some dumb game chat, its easy for most people to take part in some general friendly conversation....  but when it comes to Christian (metal) chat, people often only say anything at all when they're: defending something, being right about something, or promoting something.

I say hello on a game chat server, I get a hi and a how are you in a matter of seconds.  I say hello on a Christian server (doesn't even have to be about metal - something like Discord or Reddit) people say nothing - because I guess its hard to retaliate a greeting with scripture.  Or if there's a response, its something really silly/angsty - like getting brow beat for saying "hello" instead of "heaveno".

face palm  lol!

EDIT: it just crossed my mind one difference between these two sides.  Some dumb game chat, if people don't like or are done with the game, they don't hang around.  Meanwhile, Christians servers (music or not) seem to have some lurkers that disagree with all that Christianity stands for, but still hang around to stir the pot.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Andreas89 and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:35 am

ThomasEversole wrote: I say hello on a Christian server (doesn't even have to be about metal - something like Discord or Reddit) people say nothing - because I guess its hard to retaliate a greeting with scripture.
lol!
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

ThomasEversole likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:50 am

The Black Eyed Kids freak me out.  

Darren Marlar rules!
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:03 pm

Saturday night was rough for my wife and I.  We were eating supper in our home and heard a loud CRUNCH followed by a scraping sound that faded away outside.  I went outside to look around and noticed the back end of my wife's parked vehicle was completely destroyed.  Another van drove up and said they saw a white Santa Fey run into the back of our parked vehicle, then drive away down the alley.

We call the police.  They arrive and gather statements from myself, my wife and the witness.  There's pieces of the other vehicle on the ground with the pieces of our vehicle, and a trail of liquid going down the alley.  I decide to walk down it and noticed a vehicle parked backwards in the alley a block away.  I tell the cops, and I see the white vehicle with damage on it, and the driver is still in the driver seat with the vehicle and vehicle lights off.

So anyway, the police tell us very VERY little...  they (their words) "deal with him" for a while, and then give us a police report past 11pm.  

They did not consider this a hit and run.  

Why?  Because the vehicle was found a half hour later, more than a block a way.

Huh.  I thought a hit and run was hitting a vehicle, and then leaving the scene without exchanging any information.  Is a half hour later still in the time of the accident?  Is 2 blocks down in an alley on a different street still part of the scene?  It just seems to me that here in my little village, this person could have taken a can of beer from the local gas station, left without paying for it - but so long as they were found a half hour later and a block away with the can of beer unopened, it would be some sort of "borrowing without permission" instead of theft.

face palm
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:34 pm

Or, the driver could have been a cop himself and they were trying to cover for their buddy.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

ThomasEversole, Andreas89, TZ75 and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:56 pm

What the heck Thomas! That is awful; I am so sorry... Something really strange was going on behind the scenes for sure... Did the police get the other driver's insurance and all that at least? Will your wife's car be fixed?

One thing to consider too, assuming insurance is involved. I filed a claim some years ago when I found a good sized dent in my door while it had been parked in a parking lot. (No note or anything...) It ended up "totaling" my car so I canceled the claim and just lived with it because it was an old and ugly car anyways. Well, even though it wasn't my fault and I canceled the claim, that still showed up on my insurance and made for higher rates for me. Supposedly, you can call and request stuff like that be taken off of your record so it doesn't affect your rates. At least, that's what our insurance guy told me. Something to look into anyways. It's just insult to injury at that point... Mad

Tyrant
Tyrant

ThomasEversole likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:13 am

All of our institutions are failing us. Apparently on purpose. Up is down, wrong is right, 2+2=5. 

Question the integrity of those failing us? They'll suddenly become super-efficient and capable as they come after you and yours.
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

ThomasEversole, Constantine and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:40 am

Kerrick wrote:What the heck Thomas!  That is awful; I am so sorry...

Thank you.  I appreciate the concern.  Smile

Kerrick wrote:Did the police get the other driver's insurance and all that at least?  Will your wife's car be fixed?

Yes, the police report was complete and they got the other vehicle vin and the driver info.  Their vehicle had to be towed, it would no longer drive and I'm sure that's why he didn't make it further.  Our vehicle (with a little duct tape  bounce ) actually drives ok - its just the left turn signal and break light doesn't currently exist on the vehicle anymore.  LOL

We're to take our vehicle to the body shop this (Tuesday) afternoon for an estimate to see if it will be totaled or not.

Kerrick wrote:One thing to consider too, assuming insurance is involved.  I filed a claim some years ago when I found a good sized dent in my door while it had been parked in a parking lot.  (No note or anything...)  It ended up "totaling" my car so I canceled the claim and just lived with it because it was an old and ugly car anyways.  Well, even though it wasn't my fault and I canceled the claim, that still showed up on my insurance and made for higher rates for me.  Supposedly, you can call and request stuff like that be taken off of your record so it doesn't affect your rates.  At least, that's what our insurance guy told me.  Something to look into anyways.  It's just insult to injury at that point...  Mad

Yeah, I think all insurance tries to be slick.  My car was totaled a couple years ago when I hit a deer coming home from Thanksgiving.  My insurance then acted quick, but they wanted to get just 1 more monthly payment out of me during the totaling.  Also, I told them I'm not going to try for a replacement car, and they insisted on still keeping my plan alive until i found another vehicle.  I kept having to call them later, multiple times, before they finally canceled my plan (yeah I don't need car insurance for a car I don't have) and they refund me the extras they tried to get.

My wife's insurance for this "accident" didn't act near as quick.  She called her insurance the night it happened, and it was representative after representative:

Agent:  "This is *name1* with *insurance*, how can I help you?"
My wife: "Yes, I need to start a claim.  My vehicle was parked and another vehicle wrecked into it."
Agent: "Oh I'm sorry to hear that.  Let me get you transferred to someone that can help you..."
*5 minutes of hold music torture*
Agent:  "This is *name2* with *insurance*, how can I help you?"
My wife: "Yes, I need to start a claim.  My vehicle was parked and another vehicle wrecked into it."
Agent: "Oh I'm sorry to hear that.  Let me get you transferred to someone that can help you..."
*5 more minutes of hold music torture*

My wife gave up after 20 minutes of essentially nothing and tried calling them again the next morning.  (and finally got a claim filed)

Kerrick wrote:Something really strange was going on behind the scenes for sure...  

MagnusPrime wrote:They'll suddenly become super-efficient and capable as they come after you and yours.

Yeah, there's a few really odd things about how this night played out.  The crunch happened at 9:40pm.  9:45pm, I'd seen it and called the police.  They showed up at 10pm and Cop 1 got our contact info.  I told that officer about the vehicle down the alley, backup arrived, and they were both where he was down the alley starting at 10:15pm.  (again, he was sitting in the driver's side in the dark) About 10:30pm Cop 2 got our information - again for some reason - and told us they would give us the police report (and my wife's license, vehicle registration and insurance back to her) when they were done "dealing with him".  I was nosey, and looked down the alley at 10:45 and 11pm and it was very quiet, and all I could see were 2 people quietly standing next to the cop car vehicle lights and 1 flashlight going.  It was like 11:15pm/11:20pm when the Cop 2 finally came back to our house - got our information AGAIN - and I asked a few questions which they dodged, flailed.  (I asked if it was my neighbor, since the vehicle was "parked" down the alley - Cop 2 said it was a "relative of the neighbor visiting".  I asked if they were under the influence of something, Cop2 "didn't know".)

The driver of the vehicle, was not the owner of the vehicle.  My wife Facebook snooped the driver and they had a 2016 "criminal damage to property" charge.  (Ironic to me)  ...but haven't posted on their profile since the accident.

It was very strange to me, over something like this, the police standing outside in the cold with them, for 45+ minutes...
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:48 pm

Finished one more scene in Oroborous.  Up to 12,840 words in the prologue.  One more major scene, then I move onto Kiel Kyght.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:12 am

ThomasEversole wrote:
Kerrick wrote:What the heck Thomas!  That is awful; I am so sorry...

Thank you.  I appreciate the concern.  Smile

Kerrick wrote:Did the police get the other driver's insurance and all that at least?  Will your wife's car be fixed?

Yes, the police report was complete and they got the other vehicle vin and the driver info.  Their vehicle had to be towed, it would no longer drive and I'm sure that's why he didn't make it further.  Our vehicle (with a little duct tape  bounce ) actually drives ok - its just the left turn signal and break light doesn't currently exist on the vehicle anymore.  LOL

We're to take our vehicle to the body shop this (Tuesday) afternoon for an estimate to see if it will be totaled or not.

Kerrick wrote:One thing to consider too, assuming insurance is involved.  I filed a claim some years ago when I found a good sized dent in my door while it had been parked in a parking lot.  (No note or anything...)  It ended up "totaling" my car so I canceled the claim and just lived with it because it was an old and ugly car anyways.  Well, even though it wasn't my fault and I canceled the claim, that still showed up on my insurance and made for higher rates for me.  Supposedly, you can call and request stuff like that be taken off of your record so it doesn't affect your rates.  At least, that's what our insurance guy told me.  Something to look into anyways.  It's just insult to injury at that point...  Mad

Yeah, I think all insurance tries to be slick.  My car was totaled a couple years ago when I hit a deer coming home from Thanksgiving.  My insurance then acted quick, but they wanted to get just 1 more monthly payment out of me during the totaling.  Also, I told them I'm not going to try for a replacement car, and they insisted on still keeping my plan alive until i found another vehicle.  I kept having to call them later, multiple times, before they finally canceled my plan (yeah I don't need car insurance for a car I don't have) and they refund me the extras they tried to get.

My wife's insurance for this "accident" didn't act near as quick.  She called her insurance the night it happened, and it was representative after representative:

Agent:  "This is *name1* with *insurance*, how can I help you?"
*5 minutes of hold music torture*
Agent:  "This is *name2* with *insurance*, how can I help you?"
*5 more minutes of hold music torture*

My wife gave up after 20 minutes of essentially nothing and tried calling them again the next morning.  (and finally got a claim filed)

Kerrick wrote:Something really strange was going on behind the scenes for sure...  

MagnusPrime wrote:They'll suddenly become super-efficient and capable as they come after you and yours.

Yeah, there's a few really odd things about how this night played out.  The crunch happened at 9:40pm.  9:45pm, I'd seen it and called the police.  They showed up at 10pm and Cop 1 got our contact info.  I told that officer about the vehicle down the alley, backup arrived, and they were both where he was down the alley starting at 10:15pm.  (again, he was sitting in the driver's side in the dark)  About 10:30pm Cop 2 got our information - again for some reason - and told us they would give us the police report (and my wife's license, vehicle registration and insurance back to her) when they were done "dealing with him".  I was nosey, and looked down the alley at 10:45 and 11pm and it was very quiet, and all I could see were 2 people quietly standing next to the cop car vehicle lights and 1 flashlight going.  It was like 11:15pm/11:20pm when the Cop 2 finally came back to our house - got our information AGAIN - and I asked a few questions which they dodged, flailed.  (I asked if it was my neighbor, since the vehicle was "parked" down the alley - Cop 2 said it was a "relative of the neighbor visiting".  I asked if they were under the influence of something, Cop2 "didn't know".)

The driver of the vehicle, was not the owner of the vehicle.  My wife Facebook snooped the driver and they had a 2016 "criminal damage to property" charge.  (Ironic to me)  ...but haven't posted on their profile since the accident.

It was very strange to me, over something like this, the police standing outside in the cold with them, for 45+ minutes...

Wow! Crazy...

Crappy police response.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

ThomasEversole and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:24 am

45 minutes? Sounds like a cover-up in progress.   Evil or Very Mad
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

ThomasEversole, TZ75 and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:53 pm

I am happy but the sky is blue.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:25 am

BaleMaster wrote:45 minutes? Sounds like a cover-up in progress.   Evil or Very Mad

The plot thickens.  The police report indicated the person that hit us, had insurance.  Well, when our insurance went to talk to their insurance, it was a big fat "nope".

So the police report did not indicate it was a hit and run, when it was....   and the police report indicated the driver that hit us had insurance, when they really did not have insurance at all.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75, BaleMaster and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:54 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:
BaleMaster wrote:45 minutes? Sounds like a cover-up in progress.   Evil or Very Mad

The plot thickens.  The police report indicated the person that hit us, had insurance.  Well, when our insurance went to talk to their insurance, it was a big fat "nope".

So the police report did not indicate it was a hit and run, when it was....   and the police report indicated the driver that hit us had insurance, when they really did not have insurance at all.

I'm telling you that they are either covering for a fellow officer or a close relative of a fellow officer.  Either that, or they are just totally inept at their job and need to be called out for mishandling this case.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

ThomasEversole, TZ75, BaleMaster and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:42 pm

Have to take it over their heads, Thomas bro.  This specific level of (mis)management has pooted the bed, big-time.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

ThomasEversole, TZ75 and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:38 am

alldatndensum wrote:I'm telling you that they are either covering for a fellow officer or a close relative of a fellow officer.  Either that, or they are just totally inept at their job and need to be called out for mishandling this case.

BaleMaster wrote:Have to take it over their heads, Thomas bro.  This specific level of (mis)management has pooted the bed, big-time.

I spent about 2 hours at the police station yesterday shedding light about my concerns. One of the cops is a real character - comedic and eccentric. They spent time explaining their decision behind not considering it a hit and run.... also other examples around town of hit and runs and what they did for that.

As far as the no insurance thing, they had no idea and took it pretty seriously. The cop that did the report stated they were filing with the states attorney, a citation that this guy didn't have insurance when he hit us. They also explained that some people tend to do this 1) low budget internet insurance plan 2) pay for 6 months and get the documentation for that 3) cancel the policy and get refunded 4) still use the documentation anyway like they're currently insured.

I did ask about why they took so long with that guy the night they found him. They went over their "accident protocol" some with me, and also I guess this dude seriously tried claiming that we left our vehicle parked in the middle of the road. Rolling Eyes
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next