The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help needed on a Ken Tamplin CD

2 posters

Go down

Help needed on a Ken Tamplin CD Empty Help needed on a Ken Tamplin CD

Post by Soldier777 Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:43 pm

I cam across a Ken Tamplin CD Weird Odds and Ends on EBay and the seller has committed to seller this to me. Here are the pics:

Help needed on a Ken Tamplin CD S-l1600

What I'm wondering is Ken Tamplin and the album title is not written on the front cover like it is in this www.discogs.com/Ken-Tamplin-Weird-Odds-And-Ends/release/13102536 and https://www.newreleasetoday.com/albumdetail.php?album_id=7125. Where discogs says not on label, Im thinking Ken Released this himself. Any thoughts?
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Help needed on a Ken Tamplin CD Empty Re: Help needed on a Ken Tamplin CD

Post by alldatndensum Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:54 pm

Ken DID release this himself through the old MP3.com website.  David Benson also released one of his that way initially.  You could upload your files, do a quick design for cover artwork, and then they printed your CDs as you had need of them.  This was way before Amazon was doing the print-on-demand CDs.  It is a great low cost way for a band or artist to get physical product out if there isn't much demand for it.

With this being demos and such, I doubt that Ken would have wanted hundreds of copies made.  With that said, I would love to get a rip of this if you can at all do so.  I have wanted this disc for some time.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down