The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone else pre-order Tamplin from Girder?

+4
oldschooldoom
Staybrite
Black Rider
Soldier777
8 posters

Go down

Anyone else pre-order Tamplin from Girder? Empty Anyone else pre-order Tamplin from Girder?

Post by Guest Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:03 am

I'm actually pretty pumped about this one, as this is one of the few remasters I have ordered where I don't have the original. 

I do know. from listening on YouTube to the original 1993 release, that it is a great album and is very similar to the previous Shout releases.

I also believe it won a Dove award, which is actually usually a BAD sign.. Twisted Evil  But despite that, this album kicks some serious rear.

Girder is also releasing a remastered version of Shout's "Shout Back", but after listening to that on Spotify I'll pass. It's not bad, it's just not anything, honestly....and the second half of the album is even more boring.

Here is the link to pre-order Tamplin

https://girdermusic.com/products/tamplin-tamplin-new-cd-2019-girder-records  

Here is the link to pre-order Shout Back

https://girdermusic.com/products/shout-shout-back-20th-anniversary-re-issue-2019-girder-ken-tamplin 

You can also order them together and save $2 bucks

Here is the Tamplin 1993 original on YouTube

Back to top Go down

Anyone else pre-order Tamplin from Girder? Empty Re: Anyone else pre-order Tamplin from Girder?

Post by Soldier777 Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:17 pm

I saw the add for these. I have all the original 4 Shout albums and most of the Ken Tamplin albums except for Wierd Odds and Ends. I ordered the In Your Face and It Won't Be Long albums where these have 12 page booklets and the original only have a 4 page insert. 

Tamplin and Shout Back is a 6 panel digipak. The original Tamplin has a pretty thick booklet  iI'm not sure how they will fit all the art work in 6 panels. I may get these.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Anyone else pre-order Tamplin from Girder? Empty Re: Anyone else pre-order Tamplin from Girder?

Post by Black Rider Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:32 pm

The self titled is probably my favorite by Tamplin but I don't need the remaster.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:42 pm

I didn't order this one (mostly because I have it on cd and it sounds fine to me...).  But I did just order the two first Shout albums.  I have one of them on cassette and never owned the first one.  So it will be the first time I've had either on cd.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:36 pm

I don't think Shout aged well, way too glossy sounding.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:49 pm

I'm just learning about this today via Facebook. If I read correctly, there are 3 bonus songs.
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:50 pm

oldschooldoom wrote:I'm just learning about this today via Facebook. If I read correctly, there are 3 bonus songs.

The regular Shout  - Shout Back CD has 15 songs which I have. The Japanese version has 3 extra songs:

Man Without Tears
Meet Me in the Middle
World's Last Night

The Girder Reissue has these 3 bonus tracks:

Man Without Tears
Meet Me in the Middle
Love Me Forever

World's Last Night is on Weird Odds and Ends and I don't Have that album. Man Without Tears, Meet Me in the Middle Love Me Forever are on the album Where Love Is which I have. Both are rare hard to find albums. It took me 19 years to find Where Love Is on CD where it was originally released in 1998.

For those who have Shout Back, Where Love Is and Weird Odds and Ends they don't really need the reissue.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:32 am

Tamplin's S/T didn't need a remaster. That album was fantastically produced and mastered. Short of there being 4 or 5 bonus tracks, and those being good quality, I would skip this.

I wish the more hard-to-get stuff could get out of mothballs and get a good remaster. One example that leaps to mind is Siloam's first album. Great album that could really use a modern mastering touch.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:21 am

Follower of Jesus wrote:Tamplin's S/T didn't need a remaster. That album was fantastically produced and mastered. Short of there being 4 or 5 bonus tracks, and those being good quality, I would skip this.

I wish the more hard-to-get stuff could get out of mothballs and get a good remaster. One example that leaps to mind is Siloam's first album. Great album that could really use a modern mastering touch.

Siloam's first WILL see the light of day this year, FOJ.  I cannot say by who or when, but I know for a fact that is in the works.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:04 am

I guess they are having issues getting pre-orders.

They first were offering picks when pre-ordering the 2 of them, then sale priced, and now buttons.

I can honestly say, there has never been a time in my life that a "bonus" guitar pick or button would prompt me to order something...but maybe I'm alone in that because I see those things offered a lot.

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:16 am

Bought4Life wrote:I can honestly say, there has never been a time in my life that a "bonus" guitar pick or button would prompt me to order something...but maybe I'm alone in that because I see those things offered a lot.

You're not alone.  I have a Ziploc baggie of those little bonus items (buttons, picks, stickers, etc).  I pre-order because I want to get the music, not because I want the trinkets.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:14 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Follower of Jesus wrote:Tamplin's S/T didn't need a remaster. That album was fantastically produced and mastered. Short of there being 4 or 5 bonus tracks, and those being good quality, I would skip this.

Siloam's first WILL see the light of day this year, FOJ.  I cannot say by who or when, but I know for a fact that is in the works.

Seriously?! Sweet!  cheers
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:36 am

eatbugs wrote:
Bought4Life wrote:I can honestly say, there has never been a time in my life that a "bonus" guitar pick or button would prompt me to order something...but maybe I'm alone in that because I see those things offered a lot.

You're not alone.  I have a Ziploc baggie of those little bonus items (buttons, picks, stickers, etc).  I pre-order because I want to get the music, not because I want the trinkets.

I usually just throw them away....I should have done what you did and put them into a baggie.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:59 am

I have a little baggie of pins, guitar picks, and a few patches that I'm still trying to figure out what to do with.  My wife bought me some black sackcloth fabric so I can put them all on it and hang it somewhere which would look pretty cool, though I gotta acquire a little more before I'd have enough.  Also, my home office is pretty small and doesn't have much more wall-space anyways.

EDIT: I posted this idea in the Home Projects thread:
https://thecmr.forumotion.com/t10058-home-projects#198727
Probably better to continue the conversation there anyways so as not to hijack this thread.  Sorry!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:20 am

Kerrick wrote:Probably better to continue the conversation there anyways so as not to hijack this thread.  Sorry!

Good call.

In other news...I will probably get the Shout CD at some point.  I don't need the Tamplin one.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:55 am

Soldier777 wrote:I saw the add for these. I have all the original 4 Shout albums and most of the Ken Tamplin albums except for Wierd Odds and Ends. I ordered the In Your Face and It Won't Be Long albums where these have 12 page booklets and the original only have a 4 page insert. 

Tamplin and Shout Back is a 6 panel digipak. The original Tamplin has a pretty thick booklet  iI'm not sure how they will fit all the art work in 6 panels. I may get these.

Girder changed that a week or so ago.

Neither of them will be digipak's, they are both going to be "full fledged jewel cases".

They changed the Shout releases before they came out to be jewel cases also.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:45 pm

The Tamplin cd came in last week and I just got a chance to listen to it today....

This is the first time I have ever heard this album, and I was blown away. Fantastic album.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down