The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 Angelica releases up for pre-order on Girder!!!!

+3
Black Rider
Soldier777
MikeInFla
7 posters

Go down

3 Angelica releases up for pre-order on Girder!!!! Empty 3 Angelica releases up for pre-order on Girder!!!!

Post by Guest Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:41 pm

This is awesome news!  So glad I held off buying the cd of Walking In Faith used on eBay

https://girdermusic.com/collections/pre-orders/products/angelica-the-demo-sessions-new-cd-2019 

ANGELICA - THE DEMO SESSIONS (NEW-CD) *2019

https://girdermusic.com/collections/pre-orders/products/angelica-walkin-in-faith

ANGELICA - WALKIN' IN FAITH (NEW-CD) *2019 REMASTERED

https://girdermusic.com/collections/pre-orders/products/angelica-new-cd-2019-remastered-demo-bonus-track

ANGELICA (NEW-CD) *2019 REMASTERED

Last edited by Bought4Life on Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

3 Angelica releases up for pre-order on Girder!!!! Empty Re: 3 Angelica releases up for pre-order on Girder!!!!

Post by Guest Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:51 pm

I ordered all 3 and got free shipping Smile

Back to top Go down

3 Angelica releases up for pre-order on Girder!!!! Empty Re: 3 Angelica releases up for pre-order on Girder!!!!

Post by MikeInFla Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:54 pm

Good news! I don't have these. I have heard some of their songs but honestly don't remember any so I'll have to watch some videos to see if I want to order but I probably will.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:55 pm

I had just asked about the chances of Walking in Faith getting done..lol..how's that for service?

https://thecmr.forumotion.com/t11280-angelica-walkin-in-faith-any-talk-of-a-reissue?highlight=angelica

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:56 pm

MikeInFla wrote:Good news! I don't have these. I have heard some of their songs but honestly don't remember any so I'll have to watch some videos to see if I want to order but I probably will.

The first album, Angelica s/t, has Rob Rock on vocals.

I also like them after he left.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:14 pm

I found out abut this yesterday. I have the original versions of Angelica debut and Walkin in Faith. I will likely get these and the demos. There is a story as to why Andy Lyons sang on the demos and not on the final version of the debut where they got Rob Rock as a replacement:

Here are the personal thoughts of Dennis Cameron about "Angelica":

"Angelica started as a vision that I had for an ideal band full of believer musicians.  The experience making the first album was to be the "Awakening" for me both as a musician and as a professional.  Here's a lesson that I hope any readers can learn from.
The first Angelica album was recorded in Costa Mesa, California with the starting line-up of:  Andy Lyon, Scott Ernest, Bob Pallen and myself.  The finishing line-up for the album was a little different . . .  While in the pre-production stage of making the first album, Andy Lyon, the vocalist (more likely from a lack of experience on all our parts) chose to view the the opportunity to prepare for recording with less enthusiasm than the rest of the band.  The result being that after a couple of days of having Ken Tamplin push him in his performance (as Ken was hired to produce the vocals on the album) that the singer "burned out".
At this point, (as humbling as it is to say) we were in need of a singer to salvage the (what was now being refered to as the Dennis Cameron) project. We now needed to find someone to finish out the album. Ken had suggested two replacements, Bob Carlisle or Rob Rock.  Having once been a proud owner and fan of the Driver album (Rudy Sarzo, Tommy Aldridge, Tony MacAlpine and Rob Rock) Rob was the easy pick of the two to best suite the music style.  At the time of recording, Rob was in the process of regrouping a new version of Driver and was rehearsing and recording with them as well as doing the session work for Angelica.  What a trooper he was! I can remember Rob coming to the sessions with this big red swollen throat saying that he had just come from Driver rehearsals and that he was pumped and ready.  Not withholding, Rob would assume his best Iron Maiden pose in the vocal booth and trek on with our sessions. 

Rob's voice was in a higher range than Andy's, which meant that some of the vocal melodies had to be reworked to fit his voice. For example, the original version of "Shine On Me" melody started on a major 3rd, but was transposed to the 5th for Rob.  We finished the album a couple of weeks late due to all the mayhem and I returned home (Ontario, Canada) wondering how I was going to continue with this band under these circumstances." 
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:23 pm

Awesome story!

Thanks for sharing, Soldier777

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:32 pm

I would also like to add that former bass player Robert Pallen and Dennis Cameron are from Ontario, Canada. I'm from Eastern Canada. Angelica is partly a Canadian band.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:25 pm

Soldier777 wrote:I would also like to add that former bass player Robert Pallen and Dennis Cameron are from Ontario, Canada. I'm from Eastern Canada. Angelica is partly a Canadian band.

That I knew  Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:32 pm

There is a bundle available now..

https://girdermusic.com/collections/pre-orders/products/angelica-3-album-bundle 

ANGELICA - ANGELICA (Self-Titled)
ANGELICA - WALKING IN FAITH 
ANGELICA - THE DEMO SESSIONS which is 9 previous unreleased demos songs. 

REMASTERED
RELEASE DATE MAY 2019
Includes RipStream - Free Digital Downloads (delivered on release day)
FREE SHIPPING (usa only) when you order all 3 here
First 50 to order all 3 will get a special Angelica Button and Autograph Sticker by Dennis Cammeron.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:43 pm

I like them with Rob best, only like some songs after but this is cool. Always glad to classic bands reissued.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegarveyfan Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:48 pm

I already had the other CDs, but those demo recordings I gotta hear!
stevegarveyfan
stevegarveyfan
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by strype53 Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:57 pm

Just ordered.  I ordered the Tamplin bundle as well.
strype53
strype53
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:08 pm

The "demo" album?  Isn't that the same song list (with a couple of slight variations) from the debut with Rob Rock except with Andy singing them?
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:20 pm

Remember Jerome Mazza on the Walking In Faith album? This is him with Steve Walsh of Kansas.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:56 pm

alldatndensum wrote:The "demo" album?  Isn't that the same song list (with a couple of slight variations) from the debut with Rob Rock except with Andy singing them?

Song list and details are available on the Girder page (see the link in the first post)

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:20 pm

I can't wait to get these. I sold the original Intense Records pressing of the debut and Walkin in Faith and each only has a 4 panel insert. The new reissues will be like the Shout ones which includes a 8-10 panel insert.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Driven Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:30 pm

Bought4Life wrote:
Soldier777 wrote:I would also like to add that former bass player Robert Pallen and Dennis Cameron are from Ontario, Canada. I'm from Eastern Canada. Angelica is partly a Canadian band.

That I knew  Smile

My understanding is that they're from my area in Eastern Ontario, a bit west of Ottawa. Robert Pallen has a few videos up on YouTube and one is from a town near mine, I believe where Dennis Cameron is from as well. Dennis's band Cynical Limit performed in my hometown when I was very young, I've heard.
Driven
Driven
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://danielbandfan.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:47 pm

Black Rider wrote:Remember Jerome Mazza on the Walking In Faith album? This is him with Steve Walsh of Kansas.

That's a great song!  I wonder if the subject matter on the rest of the album is similar.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Driven Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:14 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Black Rider wrote:Remember Jerome Mazza on the Walking In Faith album? This is him with Steve Walsh of Kansas.

That's a great song!  I wonder if the subject matter on the rest of the album is similar.

This is indeed solid. He has a great AOR voice, reminds me a bit of Peter Fredette on the Metropolis album.
Driven
Driven
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://danielbandfan.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down