The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The All-Purpose Superhero movie/tv show thread

+8
Peter who was Vaak
alldatndensum
messiaen77
WildWorld
Hardcore Christian
Wildcat
deathisgain
TheOldMan2084
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The All-Purpose Superhero movie/tv show thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The All-Purpose Superhero movie/tv show thread

Post by alldatndensum Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:24 pm

WildWorld wrote:http://variety.com/2017/film/news/disney-fox-deal-thursday-1202637347/

Think this means we'll get the Avengers meeting the X-Men (Fox own the film rights to the X-Men)?

If they reacquire those rights, it could happen.  However, unless they recast actors for Tony Stark and Capt. America, then the Avengers you currently know won't be the ones meeting with the X-Men.  Chris Evans and Robert Downey Jr. are reaching their contractual ends and have said they would like to step away from these films when that happens.  So, you either recast them after Avengers 4 or you introduce the replacement characters of the modern comics and go that route.  So, while a team up would be great, it would also not feel right to me as I don't care about the female Iron Man or Thor. 

Also, if they do any real development of the characters in X-Men, meshing these two lineups is gonna get super costly to the point that they might not recoup their expenditures.  You can make a movie TOO big with too many names connected to it.  That could be an issue for them.  With something like this, you'd end up spending hundreds of millions of dollars and HAVE to break the BILLION dollar mark to even make it worthwhile.  If the cast got too big, you could easily have a film that cost a BILLION to make and market.  I highly doubt that this risk would be something Disney/Marvel/Fox would really take.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

The All-Purpose Superhero movie/tv show thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The All-Purpose Superhero movie/tv show thread

Post by WildWorld Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:29 pm

So who are some superheroes you'd like to see film/tv adaptations of (that havent yet had one)? I've always thought that Darkhawk and/or Sleepwalker would make good tv shows:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darkhawk

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleepwalker_(comics)

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:07 am

After the list of most well known super heroes is depleted as far as starting these movies, I would be satisfied if they pulled the plug on the genre for at least a decade.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:50 am

alldatndensum wrote:After the list of most well known super heroes is depleted as far as starting these movies, I would be satisfied if they pulled the plug on the genre for at least a decade.
Won't happen for who knows how long, as long as these movies keep doing as well as Black Panther is doing
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:44 am

Just came up with another one who needs his own show or movie: Booster Gold. He's appeared in animation a lot, but still no live action adaptation.

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:25 pm

WildWorld wrote:Just came up with another one who needs his own show or movie: Booster Gold. He's appeared in animation a lot, but still no live action adaptation.
He was my first thought, don't know why I didn't post it

Also Teen Titans, I know they are getting a show coming soon but I would also like to see a big screen adaptation
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:51 pm

Hardcore Christian wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:After the list of most well known super heroes is depleted as far as starting these movies, I would be satisfied if they pulled the plug on the genre for at least a decade.
Won't happen for who knows how long, as long as these movies keep doing as well as Black Panther is doing

Oh, I hear ya'!  They will milk this cash cow until she runs dry.  Black Panther is good, but I still see a day when they switch into too many B or even C level characters that there won't be enough audience to view it.  Also, when Marvel finally switches, and they will, to the movie version of their more politically correct diverse characters, many older fans will bail due to feeling no connection or feeling like they've seen it all before--because we will have.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:34 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Hardcore Christian wrote:

Oh, I hear ya'!  They will milk this cash cow until she runs dry.  Black Panther is good, but I still see a day when they switch into too many B or even C level characters that there won't be enough audience to view it.  Also, when Marvel finally switches, and they will, to the movie version of their more politically correct diverse characters, many older fans will bail due to feeling no connection or feeling like they've seen it all before--because we will have.
The Guardians of the Galaxy were considered C-Level characters before their film debuted, and their film was considered one of the best Marvel films. It's all about how well-written and entertaining the films are. I mean, Spawn was hugely popular before that film dropped (even having his own album based off the comic), but that film didnt do well

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:38 am

Guardians Of The Galaxy are definitely a third tier comic book franchise.  I think it only worked, though, because fans knew that they would somehow be tied into The Avengers: Infinity War.  Marvel has been building towards this movie ever since the first Iron Man came out.

I don't care how entertaining these are.  Eventually, you will hit some characters in these that people aren't connected to and they just won't check this out.  Marvel's day will come when they won't have as big of hits coming--if they have any at all.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:17 am

alldatndensum wrote:Guardians Of The Galaxy are definitely a third tier comic book franchise.  I think it only worked, though, because fans knew that they would somehow be tied into The Avengers: Infinity War.  Marvel has been building towards this movie ever since the first Iron Man came out.

I think it worked because it was a great movie on it's own. One good thing Marvel has done, is make sure that most of the movies have their own unique style and story lines. They are all super hero films, but not the same cookie cutter plot lines.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:35 am

deathisgain wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:Guardians Of The Galaxy are definitely a third tier comic book franchise.  I think it only worked, though, because fans knew that they would somehow be tied into The Avengers: Infinity War.  Marvel has been building towards this movie ever since the first Iron Man came out.

I think it worked because it was a great movie on it's own. One good thing Marvel has done, is make sure that most of the movies have their own unique style and story lines. They are all super hero films, but not the same cookie cutter plot lines.
Good point. The Iron Man films were hi-tech action films, the Captain America films (save for First Avenger) were political thrillers, Thor films are mythological fantasy, Dr. Strange was a sorcery film, Guardians are space epics, Ant-Man was an 80s style sci-fi family film, and Spider-Man was a teen-oriented film. Yet they all work in their own way.

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3