The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The All-Purpose Superhero movie/tv show thread

+8
Peter who was Vaak
alldatndensum
messiaen77
WildWorld
Hardcore Christian
Wildcat
deathisgain
TheOldMan2084
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The All-Purpose Superhero movie/tv show thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The All-Purpose Superhero movie/tv show thread

Post by alldatndensum Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:11 pm

I LOVE Gotham.  I know some Batman purists that don't like the changes they've made to the story, but eh, no big deal.  Yeah alldat, that Joker character was great and I was shocked they killed him, but it seems they were making him an inspiration for others.  I loved seeing Ed Nygma make the switch, and Penguin is great!  I like the relationship they have between Selina Kyle and Bruce Wayne.  I liked Barbara and Jim, and I'm not sure I trust the M.E. he's with now.  Just that line Barbara threw in about her knowing stuff that she shouldn't have.

I am not convinced that they won't bring back the guy who nailed "The Joker" character.  The Joker was originally known as Red Hood as this guy was.  I think that somehow they will bring him back.

I don't trust the new M.E. either.  She seems to be attracted to Jim more as he gets darker.  I think that she is a plant of one of the crime families or by Penguin himself.  I don't believe that she is just a girlfriend for Gordon.  Besides, if they go with canon, he will have to marry Barbara and have a daughter named Barbara who will later become Batgirl and then Oracle of the Birds Of Prey.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

The All-Purpose Superhero movie/tv show thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The All-Purpose Superhero movie/tv show thread

Post by WildWorld Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:09 pm

Looks like we're getting a Supergirl/Flash crossover VERY soon:

http://www.toonzone.net/2016/02/networks-collide-supergirl-and-flash-to-crossover/

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:18 pm

WildWorld wrote:Looks like we're getting a Supergirl/Flash crossover VERY soon:

http://www.toonzone.net/2016/02/networks-collide-supergirl-and-flash-to-crossover/

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:20 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I LOVE Gotham.  I know some Batman purists that don't like the changes they've made to the story, but eh, no big deal.  Yeah alldat, that Joker character was great and I was shocked they killed him, but it seems they were making him an inspiration for others.  I loved seeing Ed Nygma make the switch, and Penguin is great!  I like the relationship they have between Selina Kyle and Bruce Wayne.  I liked Barbara and Jim, and I'm not sure I trust the M.E. he's with now.  Just that line Barbara threw in about her knowing stuff that she shouldn't have.

I am not convinced that they won't bring back the guy who nailed "The Joker" character.  The Joker was originally known as Red Hood as this guy was.  I think that somehow they will bring him back.

I don't trust the new M.E. either.  She seems to be attracted to Jim more as he gets darker.  I think that she is a plant of one of the crime families or by Penguin himself.  I don't believe that she is just a girlfriend for Gordon.  Besides, if they go with canon, he will have to marry Barbara and have a daughter named Barbara who will later become Batgirl and then Oracle of the Birds Of Prey.
In which case Barbara would have to not really be dead either.  Not that death is a real obstacle to tv writers.  I didn't realize Barbara was Jim's wife's name too.  I just thought it was an odd turn that they made his daughter into his lover.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:54 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

In which case Barbara would have to not really be dead either.  Not that death is a real obstacle to tv writers.  I didn't realize Barbara was Jim's wife's name too.  I just thought it was an odd turn that they made his daughter into his lover.

On the show, Barbara is never said to be dead.  She did fall and could have died, but the last time she is mentioned it is only stated that she is in critical condition.  Getting her back in other episodes could be easier than you think.  Now, I DO think that Fish Mooney is dead.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:07 pm

I watch way too many shows.  The Flash?  Yep, love it.  The Arrow?  Kill Laurel and we got ourselves a show.  Daredevil?  YES!  I will be waiting until summer to watch it, I presume, but yeah, the first season was awesome and now Elektra and The Punisher from the people who brought The Man with No Fear to the screen?  YES!  Jessica Jones?  Too much nudity and sex, but the development was great and the villain was, hands down, one of the best super villains in any TV show recently.  I'm looking forward to Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and, of course, The Defenders.  My guess is Black Lightning will have something to do with this.  Agents of SHIELD?  Yeah, that's legit.  I love the Inhumans.  I read most of their comics and they were just great.  Agent Carter?  Looks good, but I haven't really watched it.  
And the movies!  Oh man, oh man!  There are so many interesting ones coming out.  I cannot wait!
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:10 am

Ha! Great thread but I am going to date myself here. I LOVED The Incredible Hulk and Spiderman. I still love the Hulk to this day and own the DVD's. Bill Bixby was great on the show and I have always loved Lou in the role of the Hulk. Because of it, the animated CGI Hulk was just never impressive to me. 

Someone at work let me borrow some VHS tapes of Spiderman a couple of years ago and i converted them over to DVD for him and myself.

Check out this theme, this is sooooo 70's! The show was a little slow moving but I loved it when I was a kid.

MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:25 pm

About 3 weeks ago, we started watching the original Batman. It was a 15 part serial that debuted in 1943. We've really been enjoying it. If you haven't seen it yet, but claim to be a Batman fan, then you are missing out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_(serial)

The All-Purpose Superhero movie/tv show thread - Page 2 V3aixJc
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:51 pm

New Creation wrote:About 3 weeks ago, we started watching the original Batman. It was a 15 part serial that debuted in 1943. We've really been enjoying it. If you haven't seen it yet, but claim to be a Batman fan, then you are missing out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_(serial)

The All-Purpose Superhero movie/tv show thread - Page 2 V3aixJc

Yes, that is very cool. It appeared on TCM last year and my wife and I watched the serial. Pretty cool stuff!
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:55 pm

Oh wait, I am mistaken. This was the one on TCM. Batman VS. The Wizard.

MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:58 pm

And i have never seen this but I noticed it on MeTV last week so I recorded it. Still haven't watched it yet.

When I was a little kid I remember watching Superman. My dad told me that he had died, that he was shot. I didn't understand and I told him there is no way Superman could be shot. He tried to explain to me that it was an actor not the real Superman.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:04 pm

MikeInFla wrote:Oh wait, I am mistaken. This was the one on TCM. Batman VS. The Wizard.

Correct. This was the 1949 follow-up serial entitle "Batman And Robin".

Here is the one we're watching. https://www.amazon.com/Batman-Complete-Movie-Serial-Collection/dp/B000AQOHNA
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:17 am

I have seen the 1949 one not the 43 one, loved how similar it was to The Lone Ranger
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:21 am

Hardcore Christian wrote:I have seen the 1949 one not the 43 one, loved how similar it was to The Lone Ranger

Yep. I've said for years that The Lone Ranger was the Batman of the Old West.

EDIT: And Zorro too. There are so many similarities between the three characters.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:31 pm

New Creation wrote:
Hardcore Christian wrote:I have seen the 1949 one not the 43 one, loved how similar it was to The Lone Ranger

Yep. I've said for years that The Lone Ranger was the Batman of the Old West.

EDIT: And Zorro too. There are so many similarities between the three characters.

May be... but only Batman has all those wonderful toys.    Smile
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BearDad Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:16 am

That article was at CNN.com this morning.

Joel Schumacher apologizes for 'Batman & Robin'

I think the reference to the nipples on the costumes is funny, particularly since I don't notice the nipples so much as the fact that Robin's pecs are so over-developed they look more like "man boobs."

The All-Purpose Superhero movie/tv show thread - Page 2 Bnr10

BearDad
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:37 am

For all it's failures, I still enjoy "Batman & Robin" quite a bit. I also really like "Batman Forever". Perhaps it's the color schemes used, or the Batman credit card which, when pulled out, the audience heard a cash register jingle. It was a unique blend of color, sound, campiness, and action.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:56 am

Well this looks fun!

New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:02 pm

Well, the infinity war trailer just dropped:

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:16 pm

I have been enjoying Marvel's Netflix series and how they all tied together for The Defenders.  Each character has a season (or two in the case of Daredevil) to build their backstories so they can come together to defend their city together.  My favorites so far have been Daredevil and Jessica Jones.  Luke Cage was really good as well.  Iron Fist was a bit cheesy but I think you will see that go away when he joins Luke Cage soon for Luke's 2nd season.

Daredevil's 2nd season also brought in The Punisher.  Now, The Punisher has his own series and it is ever bit as gruesome as one might expect from this comic turned tv show.  It definitely isn't for the weak stomached!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:12 pm

Just finished watching the Crisis on Earth-X crossover series on CW. Oof! WAY too much liberal kool-aid for me to drink. I've pretty much stopped watching the CW shows. First it was Supergirl and their push on the homosexual agenda, which now seems to have flooded all the shows. Last year I got tired of the juvenile Flash, and gave up on it after watching the first episode of this season. I tried watching Arrow, but tired of all the drama. And Legends of Tomorrow became redundant.

I'm still digging Agents of Shield tho.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:08 am

I too don't enjoy any DC on TV (except for Gotham!!!) and really have not enjoyed any modern DC movies since Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy.

Routh as Superman - Did not enjoy!
Cavill as Superman - I enjoy him, but not the movies.
BvS? - Meh.
Suicide Squad - Meh.
Wonder Woman - Fantastic!
Justice League - Wondering if I'll even watch it.

Yes, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is great, but haven't seen any since mid-Season 4
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:01 pm

New Creation wrote:Well this looks fun!

I'm really excited for this. All I can tell though is that it comes out in 2018. Anybody know the month?
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:25 am

I too don't enjoy any DC on TV (except for Gotham!!!) and really have not enjoyed any modern DC movies since Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy.

Routh as Superman - Did not enjoy!
Cavill as Superman - I enjoy him, but not the movies.
BvS? - Meh.
Suicide Squad - Meh.
Wonder Woman - Fantastic!
Justice League - Wondering if I'll even watch it.

Gotham is good, but it has gotten weirder and weirder to the point that the villians are almost parodies of themselves.  How many of them die and are resurrected in the comics?  On this show, if you die, you will be back either later in the season or next season.

As for the movies you listed

Loved the Dark Knight trilogy but felt the third one was weak.  Bane was someone's watchdog and Catwoman was about as sultry as a Christmas card from granny.  Those two things seriously hurt this film

Routh as Superman - Liked the story but don't see how he lifted a literal mountain of Kryptonite
Cavill as Superman - I enjoy him, loved the darker tone of the movies.
BvS? - The director's cut was awesome and explains the fight better.
Suicide Squad - fun, but not the best of the DCEU
Wonder Woman - Fantastic! (agreed)
Justice League - Good, but Wheadon butchered the daylights out of this.  Fans want a director's cut with finished effects.  The story would have been so much better with the hour of footage they cut out of the original director's vision and then added reshoots to make it feel like they were copying The Avengers.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:48 pm

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/disney-fox-deal-thursday-1202637347/

Think this means we'll get the Avengers meeting the X-Men (Fox own the film rights to the X-Men)?

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next